Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

We’re definitely not shifting Chilwell and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s adopted the “outlast the manager” strategy which, given us, is typically not the worst idea. 

I don't think he's going anywhere either. I know it won't happen, but if I were Maresca I would bring him back into the squad. Veiga doesn't look amazing yet, so having another option at LB isn't a terrible idea, but also he has a lot of experience compared to a lot of our players, which is something we're lacking in IMO.

2 minutes ago, KingThistle said:

It's fair comment - with transfer ban on it's way these "loan with obligation to buy" deals for Sancho and Osimhen gets us around that to a degree (Kovacic-esque). 

That's my assumption, that the club know/are expecting a transfer ban soon.

Welcome to the forum, as well.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Remember this mark. Felix is great when the going is good. Bottle job is when the going gets tough. We all know that deep down.

He's not the only one though unfortunately 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Remember this mark. Felix is great when the going is good. Bottle job is when the going gets tough. We all know that deep down.

Ah but consider this Max. Is he the type of player that creates a scenario where the going IS good? 

Just now, Holymoly said:

Sancho offer is for an initial loan deal

With option or obligation to buy? If it's an obligation then we've signed him but pushed the money back a year and have to hope it relly does work out and I'd be concerned. If it's an option, then I think it's a good deal.

Be interested to see what happens with his wages as well, presume we'd be asking Man United to cover some of them during the loan period.

8 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I don't think he's going anywhere either. I know it won't happen, but if I were Maresca I would bring him back into the squad. Veiga doesn't look amazing yet, so having another option at LB isn't a terrible idea, but also he has a lot of experience compared to a lot of our players, which is something we're lacking in IMO.

I can actually see it happening too. We’re paper thin in midfield and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Veiga having to play there sooner rather than later which means cover at LB will soon be needed. 

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

With option or obligation to buy? If it's an obligation then we've signed him but pushed the money back a year and have to hope it relly does work out and I'd be concerned. If it's an option, then I think it's a good deal.

Be interested to see what happens with his wages as well, presume we'd be asking Man United to cover some of them during the loan period.

It’s an obligation to buy apparently. 

IMG_9117.jpeg

20 minutes ago, KingThistle said:

It's fair comment - with transfer ban on it's way these "loan with obligation to buy" deals for Sancho and Osimhen gets us around that to a degree (Kovacic-esque). 

Welcome to the forum 😄

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KingThistle said:

Last time the club had a transfer ban, it utilised the academy tallent and gave them a chance to prove themselves. 

oh yes silly me, the clubs new sporting department sold all the academy tallent for book keeping purposes. 

17 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Ah but consider this Max. Is he the type of player that creates a scenario where the going IS good? 

No, he’s the one who comes on when you’re winning 3-0 and scores a fourth

Just now, ROTG said:

Last time the club had a transfer ban, it utilised the academy tallent and gave them a chance to prove themselves. 

oh yes silly me, the clubs new sporting department sold all the academy tallent for book keeping purposes. 

I think we still have one , some of them played midweek 

Just think in a few hours time we could be going into the new season with Jackson as our only striker come winger and with players such as Sterling  Chilwell and Trevor hanging about like a bad smell. Way to go the sporting directors of Chelsea FC. We have actually regressed as a team and it's cost us millions.

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Hmmm, I take the point to a degree but struggle to stretch being able to say any of them succeeded in proving themselves by going on to be first team regulars. And at their new clubs they've not particularly set the world alight. Only Guehi and Tomori stand out from those days as being regrettable academy sales while Abraham, Christensen, Hudson-Odoi, RLC and Anjorin have depreciated - remarkably so in a couple of those cases - perhaps proving that the sale was likely right at the time .

If it's only 2 'mistakes' from 7, I find it hard to criticise the club's decisions.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1