Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

25 minutes ago, KingThistle said:

Hmmm, I take the point to a degree but struggle to stretch being able to say any of them succeeded in proving themselves by going on to be first team regulars. And at their new clubs they've not particularly set the world alight. Only Guehi and Tomori stand out from those days as being regrettable academy sales while Abraham, Christensen, Hudson-Odoi, RLC and Anjorin have depreciated - remarkably so in a couple of those cases - perhaps proving that the sale was likely right at the time .

If it's only 2 'mistakes' from 7, I find it hard to criticise the club's decisions.

Was thinking more about 19/20 season with Mount, James, Guehi, Tomori, Abraham all stepping up help the team reach the top 4 and everyone knows what reward came the clubs way the following season.

Now the academy is for balancing the books

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Was thinking more about 19/20 season with Mount, James, Guehi, Tomori, Abraham all stepping up help the team reach the top 4 and everyone knows what reward came the clubs way the following season.

Now the academy is for balancing the books

You've got to be glad Abraham and Mount have gone considering the drop-off?

Sentiment doesn't win you titles and trophies - unfortunately, but clearly demonstrable. This ownership are now all in with their model and it has to yield something tangible in the next season or two. And if it does - with little to no academy product as a key component - none of us will care a hoot. We're that fickle, us fans 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think understand the reasons for getting him in, it’s doing it before getting Sterling out I don’t understand.

But….it might finally convince sterling that he’s not going to play, or stop Mudryk from stinking out the joint so often.  

• Like 2

One thing I’ll say on Osimhen is, he’s the type of player we need, but if he’s that motivated by money then I’m not assed…if he joins great, if he doesn’t who cares, go and play in a league that has all the money and zero prestige.

Edited by Floyd25
  • Like 4

Last seasons AM/Wingers:

Sterling, Madueke, Mudryk, Palmer and an injured Nkunku,

Potentially this seasons AM/Wingers:

Madueke, Mudryk, Palmer, Neto, Felix, Sancho and a (hopefully) fit Nkunku.

Thats an upgrade, whatever anyone says.

Still really need a striker though.

• Like 1

Ivan Toney passing his medical puts him one step closer to joining Al-Ahli

Puts pressure on Napoli, who can't afford NOT to sell Osimhen given the arrival of Lukaku, which puts us in a slightly better position.

Edited by Bob Singleton
Typo

13 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Wait. We were being held to ransom by Ipswich?

IMG_9120.jpeg

Give him a couple of Volterols and I’ll pick him up shortly from Cobham. He’ll be just fine. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

16 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Last seasons AM/Wingers:

Sterling, Madueke, Mudryk, Palmer and an injured Nkunku,

Potentially this seasons AM/Wingers:

Madueke, Mudryk, Palmer, Neto, Felix, Sancho and a (hopefully) fit Nkunku.

Thats an upgrade, whatever anyone says.

Still really need a striker though.

Only concern is the two upgrades if sancho comes in, is why two team in the CL did keep one and take up the option to buy for the other.

Also a lot of Primadonna’s for the coach to keep happy. 

7 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Only concern is the two upgrades if sancho comes in, is why two team in the CL did keep one and take up the option to buy for the other.

Also a lot of Primadonna’s for the coach to keep happy. 

A lot of matches to be played, so rotation is going to be required.

So just to confirm. With three hours to go until the window closes and with Broja off to Ipswich the fate of our season rests on a 18 year old from Barcelona as an out and out Number 9. I don't class Jackson, Nkunku and the gaggle of false Number 9's as the spearhead of our attack.

Screenshot_20240830_195520_Chelsea FC.jpg

announcing two weeks before the transfer window closes that Sterling and Chilwell were no longer available for chelsea was / is a stupid decision. The announcement should have happened at the beginning of the window.

1 minute ago, Miguelito07 said:

announcing two weeks before the transfer window closes that Sterling and Chilwell were no longer available for chelsea was / is a stupid decision. The announcement should have happened at the beginning of the window.

Genius ploy by the directors.

• Like 1