Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

8 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

£20-25m for Sancho. If we get Bundesliga Sancho, that’s a bargain

As with Werner, Sancho only looked good in the Bundesliga because it's a mediocre league these days. It's easier to look good in any sport when playing at a lower level. When Sancho and Werner stepped up to a higher level they simply couldn't get close to cutting it at that level.

This signing is yet another completely random one  which makes no sense. The owners have gone from making the right decision in moving on the right players and going for a younger, hungry squad, to now looking like they are just throwing players at it and seeing if some stick.

Instead of increasing Osimhens wages and then be able to agree personal terms with him we've gone and thrown the money at Sancho instead makes no sense 

• Agree 1

Well it looks like we presented him with a significant proposal and he turned us down. He now stays at Napoli I assume but won’t be in their squad. Disappointing but as long as we did all we could then we move on…

IMG_9123.jpeg

• Like 1

On 27/08/2024 at 18:40, bertles86 said:

Bit harsh.

I don't like the fella, and think he's a total muppet...but he's scored 100+ goals across Chelsea, Baggies, Toffees and United. 

Bit of a soft track bully. I remember the majority of his goals coming against lesser teams then going missing in the big games. But hey, that's just my view. Plus it was nuts to pay 97.5m for him 

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It’s done, he’s not coming.

So it’s Jackson with Guiu as backup and Nkunku/Felix as a ‘false 9’ option. Hmm, this won’t go down well will it?

it is going to be a difficult season, especially with our defense . We blew it 

Just now, Original 21 said:

Well it looks like we presented him with a significant proposal and he turned us down. He now stays at Napoli I assume but won’t be in their squad. Disappointing but as long as we did all we could then we move on…

IMG_9123.jpeg

No point  breaking the bank for a player untried in the PL. We have done that before, a number of times!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue Orca said:

Bit of a soft track bully. I remember the majority of his goals coming against lesser teams then going missing in the big games. But hey, that's just my view. Plus it was nuts to pay 97.5m for him 

we are unable to attract top players. We are now attracting players clubs are trying to get rid off, or better yet kids .  We are going to experience loads of difficult times . A win here and there , but it won't be fun.  We saw the crap game yesterday  in Geneva .  Mind you , we have Badashille, Dsasi  , Tosin as back up CBs

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Hahaha hahahahaha! 

So… We are trying to sell a player for only a few millions more than we signed him for and are afraid that we might be investigated for inflating prices? 

Yikes. This is getting worse by the minute. 

• Agree 1

Where I think we messed up is that we put all our eggs in the Osimhen basket presumably thinking he’d agree in the final hour. We now don’t have a back up striker plan. Not Toney, not anyone. A big fat nothing. And we’re going into the new season with the kid Guiu as our only real no. 9. Heads should roll for that. 

Edited by Original 21
  • Agree 1

Can’t believe they haven’t signed a striker. They put all their eggs in the Osimhen basket, but the eggs were too small and they didn’t try and hand them over until the final days of the transfer window.

It really is poor. The striker position was key for us this summer and Osimhen was obviously the man the club wanted, so they should have been on that from the start, rather than spending so much time hoovering up young talent from across the globe.

If they had tried earlier in the window and failed, at least we could have gone for option B.

• Like 2

How on earth did we spend months on a deal knowing that the guy was unwilling to buy into our wage terms? Presumably we could’ve worked this out months ago and not wasted ours and everybody’s time. Sounds like really amateur stuff to not have known this would prove a sticking point. Disappointed as I really think we could do with a striker of his calibre. But it’s really pathetic to have messed up like this and not given ourselves a back up option. 

10 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

How on earth did we spend months on a deal knowing that the guy was unwilling to buy into our wage terms? Presumably we could’ve worked this out months ago and not wasted ours and everybody’s time. Sounds like really amateur stuff to not have known this would prove a sticking point. Disappointed as I really think we could do with a striker of his calibre. But it’s really pathetic to have messed up like this and not given ourselves a back up option. 

Surely can't be the wages for the reasons you've said. My guess - we delayed the Lukaku deal to try and get Osimhen tied up. Eventually caved and completed that deal, then ADL their president screwed us knowing a Saudi deal (probably more lucrative deal for him) can be forced onto Osimhen over the next few days

Reports now coming through that Chelsea will subsidise a hefty portion of Raheem Sterling's salary whilst he plays for a Champions League club. 

You really couldn't make this up. The worst run club in the game. 

• Haha 1