Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

They could’ve gone for Toney, they shouldn’t have put all their eggs in to one basket as others have said, but here we are, anyone surprised? Surely not even the most ardent Clearlake defenders can defend this one….I’d love to hear the excuses, there is no planning at this club, they just do things on a whim. Ah well, Jackson and Nkunku as a false 9 it is, Guiu looks ready for the 21’s bless him. 

• Like 1

The club wouldn’t go for Toney, he’s 28. Look at the profile of players we sign, age wise. Such a non starter. It should’ve been Osimhen but similarly to Olise, if he really wanted to be here, he would be. Take some relief in that we’re not signing players with questionable commitment. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

Is Datro Fofana still kicking about? He needs to be brought back into the fold.

Agreed, he’s currently more ready than Guiu, but he’s been ostracised like a lot of our players, it makes no sense at all, why is Guiu better than him and why haven’t we properly replaced Silva? This transfer window has been bizarre, albeit we’ve made one or two good signings. 

1 minute ago, Floyd25 said:

Agreed, he’s currently more ready than Guiu, but he’s been ostracised like a lot of our players, it makes no sense at all, why is Guiu better than him and why haven’t we properly replaced Silva? This transfer window has been bizarre, albeit we’ve made one or two good signings. 

There was talk earlier of Datro David Fofana going to Sunderland on loan. Don’t know if anything came of it. 

2 minutes ago, Bigpokey24 said:

We will be fine, hopefully Felix and Cristo comes big.  I hope we avoid injuries. ( Jackson ,Cristo, Felix and Marc)  we hope they all come good 

We have what we have. Could have got Toney. 

39 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

What a chaotic and pathetic window

Yep. I’m still trying to work out who’s gone, who we actually signed, who’s on loan, and who’s still knocking around in the development squad. What a confusing mess. 

Edited by Original 21

Relieved we haven't got Osimhen if anything. Huge money and just too huge a risk. We are already carrying monstrous liabilities. Al Ahli will move a player on and he'll be there by Monday.

Not even in my most critical fever dream would I have imagined we would do something quite so fucking stupid as pay Raheem Sterling to play for Arsenal while committing money to sign Jadon fucking Sancho. What the hell even are we.

Edited by thevelourfog
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

Rat Pigeon Boy to the Arse, Sancho in could be a masterstroke if Maresca can get the best of him. Sad about no striker. But got heart palpitations at some reports we'd be in for Calvert-Lewin. So I'll take a season with Nkunku, Guiu (there IS a player in there) and Calamity Jackson,

We apparently offered Osimhen 120k plus bonuses. That is pathetic . He could have got 600k in Saudi. So the one thing we needed ..a decent striker we have fcked up. We are paying half of Sterlings wages at Arsenal. We needed a top CB. We let our best one go to palace. 
If we need to keep someone like Palmer we must get top 4.  We won’t I’m afraid so he will probably go at some point.  We have not got rid of the Bomb squad and they are rightly pissed off. What a shambles. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

We apparently offered Osimhen 120k plus bonuses. That is pathetic . He could have got 600k in Saudi. So the one thing we needed ..a decent striker we have fcked up. We are paying half of Sterlings wages at Arsenal. We needed a top CB. We let our best one go to palace. 
If we need to keep someone like Palmer we must get top 4.  We won’t I’m afraid so he will probably go at some point.  We have not got rid of the Bomb squad and they are rightly pissed off. What a shambles. 

This was the fourth transfer window of the masterplan as well. Even by their own benchmark they’ve screwed it up. They had the summer to sign a proven striker having failed three windows previously, and they didn’t even get a reply to their final offer. What a bunch of clowns. 

• Like 1

Not too disappointed about missing out on a striker. Would've obviously loved one, but the pickings are slim and the wages Saudi offer just aren't worth trying to compete with. Not even sure who'd I want anyway if it wasn't to be one of Toney or Oshimen.

Happy to have moved Sterling on, even if only on loan and with half his wages being covered. Beats having him stuck here paying the entirety, and it's not as if interest was rushing in.

Broja looks to have joined Everton, would've preferred a full on sale but his injury probably haters that somewhat. Option to buy at £30m probably won't be triggered but who knows I guess, it's Everton after all.

Totally fine with Sancho coming on board. Felt he should've joined us from Dortmund initially but wasn't' to be. Have a feeling Shields had a fair influence in this move happening due to his knowledge of Sancho from City. Obligation to buy next year for £25m could be a bargain should he recapture his Dortmund form. Even if he doesn't, he could likely be sold for more later on anyway. 

The defensive juggernaut that is Chalobah joining Palace makes sense, and about his overall level. Shame it wasn't an outright sale but interest in him was virtually non-existent for much of the window so will take a loan. Hopefully he does well and see what happens next summer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Erm….have we actually signed Sancho? 👀😬🙈

As for the striker, imo we should have got Toney. I think he may actually have wanted to play for Chelsea as opposed to the other chap who imo seemed to only care about money.

I genuinely couldn't have imagined a worse window at the start of the summer but they've managed to do it.

Over £250m spent and only one signing (Neto) that improves the first team from last season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Not even in my most critical fever dream would I have imagined we would do something quite so fucking stupid as pay Raheem Sterling to play for Arsenal while committing money to sign Jadon fucking Sancho. What the hell even are we.

Of all the bizarre moves from the club this summer this one beats them all. We pay Sterling for moving to a top four competitor (ahem, you know what I mean) while taking an unwanted and underperforming Sancho who was on massive money at United. Has he agreed on a £150k/week cut to move to us? Where will he play? 

Nkunku/Palmer/Chukwuemeka/Felix/Fernandez/Mudryk/Madueke/Neto/Sancho

9 players who can all play in the three positions behind the striker. Why even get rid of Sterling? Why get rid of Gallagher and Chalobah? Why haven’t we strengthened at GK, CB and S? This window has been a car crash. The jury is out, they have no clue what they are doing I’m afraid. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

It's my understanding we didn't want to break the new wage structure. Osimhen would have got the same wage as he gets at Napoli if he fulfilled a certain number of goals/appearances and us qualifying for the CL. He wants the money guaranteed regardless. That would have risked us ending up un another Lukaku situation. Good riddance to that kind of headache. 

If you give Osimhen the guaranteed base wage then the other players will get jealous and it messes it all up and we start trying to make them all happy and it balloons the wage structure and we end up in an FFP/PSR mess. 

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Anyone explain the accounting magic we’re pulling here? 

IMG_9127.jpeg

Sadly I think this is just him having no other interest so it is either:

1. He sits here in the castaway squad and gets paid £300k+ per week and doesn't play

2. We strike a deal with the only team interested and have to cover a part of his wages

Another player who shouldn't have been treated like this as frustrating as he is on the pitch but a victim of the wages he signed onto (that were offered by the directors) 

Edited by VA96
  • Like 3