Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

10 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

At some point if you think Sancho joining is a good idea imo you will probably think anything Clearlake does is. Terrible and completely unneeded signing 

It feels like an opportunity they’ve acted on rather than a thought through target. For £25m the risk is fairly low. For whatever reason, Sancho didn’t settle at Man United, which has happened before for other players at other clubs, where it just doesn’t work for them but they go on to do well elsewhere.

I’m not celebrating the Sancho signing, but in terms of the business the club has done, this sits way above the bottom of the pile IMO.

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Seems like both are still at the club. Personally, I’d bring them both back into the first team squad, especially Chilly, but it’s not going to happen.

Chalobah to Palace was confirmed about 30 minutes ago.

1 minute ago, exiledblue said:

Managrd to screw up toney and osimen so if the transfer ban does come we can on rely on Jackson and the word relying Jackson don't really go together 

Massive pressure on Jackson again this season and I think he’ll do alright. He had a good season last season, although he has a tendency to make mistakes and miss good chances. He seems a player who has more success when he has to react and use his instincts, when he has time to think, he usually over thinks it and gets it wrong.

As long as others chip in with goals, which they should, I think we’ll be ok. It’s the other end of the pitch that I’m more concerned about.

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

Chalobah to Palace was confirmed about 30 minutes ago.

Ah ok, fair enough. I think that’s a great move for him and for them. Chalobah and Guehi know each other already, Chalobah joins with a good amount of experience and will slot straight into the team.

Chalobah will get the minutes he wants and deserves and doesn’t have to move himself and any family around the country/europe.

I like Chalobah and him being home grown adds to that, but him departing is not going to be the reason for any issues we have at the back this season, it’s the lack of getting in a top quality CB and GK that will cost us.

15 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

At some point if you think Sancho joining is a good idea imo you will probably think anything Clearlake does is. Terrible and completely unneeded signing 

He has failed anywhere it's hard. He is lazy and unreliable and was unnecessary given the abundanceof similarplayers.  Same money would have got toney who scores.

We employed supposed professionals to buy playersbut once nobody was left at Brighton they are lost

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

It's my understanding we didn't want to break the new wage structure. Osimhen would have got the same wage as he gets at Napoli if he fulfilled a certain number of goals/appearances and us qualifying for the CL. He wants the money guaranteed regardless. That would have risked us ending up un another Lukaku situation. Good riddance to that kind of headache. 

If you give Osimhen the guaranteed base wage then the other players will get jealous and it messes it all up and we start trying to make them all happy and it balloons the wage structure and we end up in an FFP/PSR mess. 

We couldn’t and shouldnt pay him what the Saudis were offering (600k). We could have paid what Napoli were paying ( about £290k) ….he would have accepted that, but it would have broke our wage structure. But seeing as how desperate we are, seeing as how other players here also need success for there bonuses , for a player like him I don’t expect too many rattles being thrown out of other players prams. 
So what did we do? We offer £120k . As for CL and win bonuses to boost, he probably noticed that we could barely scrape past FC Napkin the other day to qualify for the Vauxhall Conference League. One can hardly blame the man for worrying about that. He was prepared to halve his Saudi wages to play for us , but we insulted him and also lost him that opportunity. 
How about we didn’t buy Sancho but instead added his wages to Ossimehn package. 
We were playing the game of smart arses and lost . The repercussions are massive. We are trusting Jackson will both step up hugely and stay fit. That is what our season now rests on. 
Massive gamble but let’s hope it happens. 

Edited by NoblyBobly
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It feels like an opportunity they’ve acted on rather than a thought through target. For £25m the risk is fairly low. For whatever reason, Sancho didn’t settle at Man United, which has happened before for other players at other clubs, where it just doesn’t work for them but they go on to do well elsewhere.

I’m not celebrating the Sancho signing, but in terms of the business the club has done, this sits way above the bottom of the pile IMO.

Exactly, but having a bad influence in the dressing room is a monumental risk. Or if he doesn’t work out we can just sideline him in a couple of years and rinse and repeat our “process”

As angry as I am with the idiots in charge , we do have some decent players and I like the coach . But.

The two goalkeepers are rubbish 

I'm not convinced by any of the centre halves 

Enzo and Mudryk  need to really start delivering.

Other than that the first team is pretty good.

• Agree 3

36 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I felt this way when Felix was announced 😞

14 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ah ok, fair enough. I think that’s a great move for him and for them. Chalobah and Guehi know each other already, Chalobah joins with a good amount of experience and will slot straight into the team.

Chalobah will get the minutes he wants and deserves and doesn’t have to move himself and any family around the country/europe.

I like Chalobah and him being home grown adds to that, but him departing is not going to be the reason for any issues we have at the back this season, it’s the lack of getting in a top quality CB and GK that will cost us.

Chalobah is better than Badda and Disasi in my eyes. The only good reason for selling Chalobah was the pure profit it would bring. But we’ve loaned him? 
But yes a top CB was the priority but they are like rockin horse shit. 
As for the keeper, I think we sent our best one out on loan. Sanchez is clearly the number one choice and he’s average at best. 

If we can get a solid win against Palace it will add a bit of calm to how deflated and angry some of us are feeling. Because I believe we were one player away from frightening the rest of the league this season. We go into the international break on the back of a Palace defeat and that transfer window, life as a Chelsea supporter will be very tough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

As angry as I am with the idiots in charge , we do have some decent players and I like the coach . But.

The two goalkeepers are rubbish 

I'm not convinced by any of the centre halves 

Enzo and Mudryk  need to really start delivering.

Other than that the first team is pretty good.

Mark, you’re not wrong. But we were within sniffing distance ( let’s say 100k a week sniffing distance) of shaking up this league. To not get either Toney or Ossimehn is verging on criminal. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Chalobah is better than Badda and Disasi in my eyes. The only good reason for selling Chalobah was the pure profit it would bring. But we’ve loaned him? 
But yes a top CB was the priority but they are like rockin horse shit. 
As for the keeper, I think we sent our best one out on loan. Sanchez is clearly the number one choice and he’s average at best. 

If we can get a solid win against Palace it will add a bit of calm to how deflated and angry some of us are feeling. Because I believe we were one player away from frightening the rest of the league this season. We go into the international break on the back of a Palace defeat and that transfer window, life as a Chelsea supporter will be very tough. 

I agree he is better than them, definitely better than Badiashile, maybe on a par with a fully fit and performing Disasi. But I think we need a level or two above Chalobah and Disasi.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Watch the narrative switch from we really need a proven centre-forward to we’ve got Felix who can play as a no. 9. 

Four transfer windows to sign an effing centre-forward and it’s come down to this. 

Our wages are massive because we have a massive squad. Don’t get Sancho, don’t get Felix and put all that money towards getting Toney or Ossi. And we are paying Arsenal 150k a week for having Sterling. That is more than we were prepared to pay Ossi per week. In what Universe does that make sense? 

I'm not too bothered about missing Toney or Osimhen. We've got good talent in attacking spaces.

I'm more concerned about not signing a centre back really.

All in, I'm actually relatively happy with the squad...it's just our approach to it all that boggles the brain.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Massive pressure on Jackson again this season and I think he’ll do alright. He had a good season last season, although he has a tendency to make mistakes and miss good chances. He seems a player who has more success when he has to react and use his instincts, when he has time to think, he usually over thinks it and gets it wrong.

As long as others chip in with goals, which they should, I think we’ll be ok. It’s the other end of the pitch that I’m more concerned about.

Gets more cards than goals

2 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

I'm not too bothered about missing Toney or Osimhen. We've got good talent in attacking spaces.

I'm more concerned about not signing a centre back really.

All in, I'm actually relatively happy with the squad...it's just our approach to it all that boggles the brain.

The CB wouldn’t have been such a massive issue if we were banging in 3 or 4 goals at the other end. We are all hoping that Wolves game wasn’t a fluke because we will concede 2 a game regularly. 

59 minutes ago, Bison said:

Footballing ambition? 😂

We play Conference League football, and have two charlatans in charge of the most dysfunctional 'project' in world football. Oh and we don't have a decent manager in place to offset the nonsense. 

There isn't a single player joining us now with the belief that they will be competing for trophies that matter.

Conference league football ?? Really? I look at Netto, Felix, Palmer and Madueke going forward and we are as good as most in the PL, with Sancho, Nkunku, Mudryk  as back ups. 

6 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

The CB wouldn’t have been such a massive issue if we were banging in 3 or 4 goals at the other end. We are all hoping that Wolves game wasn’t a fluke because we will concede 2 a game regularly. 

I think we will improve with James back and Fofana having more games. Same applies for Colwill. Cucurella is now quality after a shaky start. Gusto is also quality. Its the keeper I'm worried about. Sanchez is a liability. I would also bring Chillwell back into the squad after an apology. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Our wages are massive because we have a massive squad. Don’t get Sancho, don’t get Felix and put all that money towards getting Toney or Ossi. And we are paying Arsenal 150k a week for having Sterling. That is more than we were prepared to pay Ossi per week. In what Universe does that make sense? 

As we've seen with other high earners, and not just here either, they're increasingly harder to shift if they don't perform or end up injury riddled.

The potential to hamstring oneself is greater paying one player 300k pw than it is say two players at 150k. 

You also massively reduce your market because of the gulf in resources between the Premier League and others. There's really only a small handful of teams abroad that could accomodate such high earners, so by having more manageable contracts it helps widen the pool. 

Having seen my share of Osimhen while at Napoli, I wouldn't be comfortable seeing us paying him £290k pw personally and glad we aren't. 

16 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Our wages are massive because we have a massive squad. Don’t get Sancho, don’t get Felix and put all that money towards getting Toney or Ossi. And we are paying Arsenal 150k a week for having Sterling.

Don't panic, the club have Cobham to balance the books next June

58 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Seems like both are still at the club. Personally, I’d bring them both back into the first team squad, especially Chilly, but it’s not going to happen.

Chalobah v Badiashile - What’s the difference on the pitch? It’s been proven at the tail end of last season which one works best in the PL.

Therefore it leaves you pointing towards either/or, or a combination of both;

1. It’s about who recruited them - Not wanting to admit another big error

2. Finance means more than football, run the playing side of things probably and make  informed choices, rather than rely on going back to your old clubs and then the financing of your mistakes becomes less important. 

Sooner they’re gone, the better.

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I thought you said we didn't have anyone left to sell yesterday?

My Mistake

It's the last piece of the RA academy - I guess they will be converting the car park at kingsmeadow to a couple of 3G pitches for the TBSD academy team and back to Harlington for the first team 😀

Edited by ROTG