Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

See the Doc. Could be thyroid, blood sugar, kidney issues, sleep apnoea, or anything. Don't wait.

Sounds like it could be Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. If there's pain as well it might be Fibromyalgia. No single cause for those just a multiple of things, including side effects from meds.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

No, more likely the combination of 14 different pills I have to pop at various times of the day and the causes behind all those pills. This time last year it was only 9.

The Joy's of getting old?.I've never had to take any tablets until  a couple of years ago,now I'm on 9.

I think myself very luck in so far as these modern tablets are keeping me alive.

Having said that, now i've got Covid🤪(no big deal as I'm fully vaccinated - in fact i've never slept so well🙂)

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I don't!!! Problem is that I can have a solid 8 hours sleep and still wake up exhausted in the morning and just get more and more tired as the day goes on without actually doing anything! 😟

Hope nothing too serious going on there Bob, look after yourself mate! 

7 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Having said that, now i've got Covid🤪(no big deal as I'm fully vaccinated - in fact i've never slept so well🙂)

I tested positive on Tuesday, been vaccinated the maximum number of times and probably had it three years ago and felt a sniffle, with a tempertaure for less than a day, lost my sense of taste for a few weeks but nothing really, compared to others.

This time though, I could barely walk as I was so weak - genuinely cannot remember a time ever that I felt so ill - If I'd have spotted a bag full of money outside I wouldn't/couldn't have gone to get it. Was that way for 48hrs and gradually gotten better over the last 48hrs. Wierd virus this Covid.

I have heard a good deal more people talking about having had it or knowing people that have had it again over the last month or so.

34 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Quite a few "ITKs" claiming we're going after both Ugarte and Caicedo to partner Enzo. Does this mean a 4-3-3 as our 'default'?

4-3-3.jpg

I’ve also seen those reports Bob, and to be honest, if we’re genuinely looking to sell Mount, Kovacic and RLC, release Zakaira and having already sold Jorginho, it wouldn’t surprise me at all.  Gallagher and Kante’s futures are far from certain either & we were interested in Caicedo in January after all.

I’m not sure on the 4-3-3 formation,  it’s always possible I suppose, but equally so could three top class players for two positions (double pivot) be, with the possibility of moving Enzo up to a backup 10 in case of injuries etc. 

Edited by Rob B

8 hours ago, Bison said:

So earlier in the week it was Mount who should be kept because he can play the Dele Alli role for Pochettino. 

Now it's Havertz turn as the Alli option. Putting my money on Gallagher being next up.

An entire attack of Dele Alli type players. Should be, er, fun. 

Well according to today’s fun rumours we’re selling not just Mount, but Gallagher and Havertz as well.

At this rate there won’t be anyone left in the squad for the Dele Alli role so we might as well sign Dele Alli himself.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I’ve also seen those reports Bob, and to be honest, if we’re genuinely looking to sell Mount, Kovacic and RLC, release Zakaira and having already sold Jorginho, it wouldn’t surprise me at all.  Gallagher and Kante’s futures are far from certain either & we were interested in Caicedo in January after all.

I’m not sure on the 4-3-3 formation,  it’s always possible I suppose, but equally so could three top class players for two positions (double pivot) be, with the possibility of moving Enzo up to a backup 10 in case of injuries etc. 

Well, for all the talk of Pochettino playing 4-2-3-1, at Spurs his formations were quite fluid. What notionally might have been 4-2-3-1 morphed to 4-3-3 (Kane, Ali and Son all played quite close to each other, with Ericsson dropping deeper) or 3-4-3 with Dier then dropping into the central CB role. I was just thinking a 4-3-3 that had two holding players (with Ugarte being the "anchor" of the two, Caicedo having a role similar to Kanté when he first joined), and Enzo being the playmaker who drives the team forward.

But yes, with all the likely players leaving, we'll be looking for more than just the one central midfielder. 

On a side note, I see some pundits saying we can't get a work permit for Santos. While this was true when he first signed in January, his circumstances have changed now in terms of 'points' gained by playing in the CB Serie A and gaining his first full cap for Brazil.  I wouldn't bet against him being part of the squad.

Edited by Bob Singleton

13 hours ago, Rob B said:

I think I agree with Max on this one.  More than happy to keep around if the manager wants him,  if he doesn't, then it wouldn't worry me too much if he went either.

That said, I do think he has real genuine quality, but is an example of a signing (similar to Werner, Ziyech etc) made under a previous regime, without any real stability or clear plan on how we utilise him most effectively.  We've had different ownership and about 4 or 5 different managers in his three seasons here. 

If next season we had a front 4 of something like this, I think we'd see a lot more output from Havertz.  He is very adept at dropping between the lines and finding pockets of space.  He is obviously less effective as an out & out number 9. 

New Striker 

Nkunku                     Havertz                      Sterling

Worth remembering, he got 9 goals this campaign in a season where we finished in the bottom half.   Last season he got 14 goals and 6 assists and he's only 23. 

I agree and played in the position you show with him finding space and either creating for others or running through I think he will be a success. 

2 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Well according to today’s fun rumours we’re selling not just Mount, but Gallagher and Havertz as well.

At this rate there won’t be anyone left in the squad for the Dele Alli role so we might as well sign Dele Alli himself.

Forrest have released Lingard 😄

3 hours ago, Original 21 said:

I was going to say we are in danger of throwing the baby out with the bathwater - and if Poch can get a tune out of Havertz it will mean he has the whole team playing well....imo

Edited by kev61

5 hours ago, Rob B said:

It could be the Covid but my head hurts.Would it not be simpler if we could get players to do the basic things right and follow basic instructions?

THEN we can move on to the finer details.

Edited by kev61

13 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I don't!!! Problem is that I can have a solid 8 hours sleep and still wake up exhausted in the morning and just get more and more tired as the day goes on without actually doing anything! 😟

Jesus Bob you need to question what tablets you'r on and why.I did and they prescribed more tablets!!.

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Too many Sherry's down the Rovers yesterday with Emily, Rita and Mavis

I find that offensive Sir.I have never voluntarily watched coronation street.You are a cad and a blagard.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Whatever happens from here on in, it's going to be a fascinating period ahead, that's for sure. We have a lot of flab to trim in the squad, and (hopefully) some quality to bring in. I'm looking forward to the ride!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the ride too. 

Starting from such a low point and not having any real idea how things are going to pan out over the next season or two is actually quite exciting to me, Our football might be dreadfully boring at times but i never find the club itself to be anything less than a fascinating, crazy, loveable one to follow.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

Indeed.I didn't mean to trivialise Covid if that's what it sounded like.

Didn’t take it that way myself, if anything until this week I’d been a bit blasé about it myself.

This is going to be a fascinating transfer window, ins and outs. With the managerial appointment as well I think the next three windows may well go some way to define whether this ownership will be successful or not. 

They have to start getting decisions right. We used to get top players as firstly we paid top wages/benefits, secondly we competed and won everything we entered with a core of top players already present and currently we’re not doing any of the above. Even down  to low-balling for a player we seem to badly want.

Much as though it pains me to say this, we may be stuck out in the Arsenal/Spuds wilderness for a good while.

1 minute ago, east lower said:

Didn’t take it that way myself, if anything until this week I’d been a bit blasé about it myself.

This is going to be a fascinating transfer window, ins and outs. With the managerial appointment as well I think the next three windows may well go some way to define whether this ownership will be successful or not. 

They have to start getting decisions right. We used to get top players as firstly we paid top wages/benefits, secondly we competed and won everything we entered with a core of top players already present and currently we’re not doing any of the above. Even down  to low-balling for a player we seem to badly want.

Much as though it pains me to say this, we may be stuck out in the Arsenal/Spuds wilderness for a good while.

Seems we may have increased our offer, regarding wages, from €2m base after tax + bonuses/incentives to €3.5m base. Still less than the €5m base PSG have offered, but our bonuses may be more attainable... and the player himself has said his preference is playing in the Prem.

I know they're all rumours but I really don't like how this window is shaping up. 

The real danger here is that in building a team for the future, and letting so many senior players leave at once, we actually get relegated in the meantime before we mature. 

3 minutes ago, east lower said:

Potentially more painful times ahead.

What's really infuriating is the way the club, hides behind the word PROJECT. 

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

I know they're all rumours but I really don't like how this window is shaping up. 

The real danger here is that in building a team for the future, and letting so many senior players leave at once, we actually get relegated in the meantime before we mature. 

The problem is an owner hiring second in command recruitment personnel from average teams, to build a structure and model based on a one season wonder team.

Why the fook, TB did bring in someone like Micheal Emanelo as an advisor to help with the restructure. A bit like the dippers are doing for their summer recruitment campaign

Should all the player move on as reported, and replaced with the alleged new arrival the club will still have a look of spineless team devoid of leadership

36 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Seems we may have increased our offer, regarding wages, from €2m base after tax + bonuses/incentives to €3.5m base. Still less than the €5m base PSG have offered, but our bonuses may be more attainable... and the player himself has said his preference is playing in the Prem.

Thing is Bob, you can go and play for West Ham, Everton, Nottingham Forest and get £70k per week plus bonuses (£3.5m annualised). No comparison in terms of expectations or pressure. You probably won’t win much, but the same could be said for us for a while looking forward?

If the reports are true PSG’s offer is close to a third more on salary. I’ve always treated bonuses as exactly that, unless someone is silly enough to offer annual loyalty bonuses, you can add that to your salary. I’m sure PSG will also have achievable incentives. 

As you point out the player is reported to want to come, manager wants him reportedly - so get the deal done. It’s probably £7.5m over what’s being offered over 5 years (contract length).  Don’t compound the massive rickets you’ve already made financially by making more at the other end of the scale. 

What’s the old adage - buy cheap, buy twice. Change the narrative to buy smart