Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

7 minutes ago, east lower said:

Conor seems to know what was at play, if you can read between the lines:

Again - I think the club would do better just being honest and putting out they decided to sell him primarily for PSR reasons. Don’t gaslight the fans.

Sure Gallagher isn’t the best at progressive football, but we all know, including Maresca, he could’ve been a very handy player to have this season. And much more so than KDH based on his performances so far.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, east lower said:

Conor seems to know what was at play, if you can read between the lines:

I am sure RJ knows he’s next on the list, especially if the magical 74-76 pts  can’t be reached by the team. 

16 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I am sure RJ knows he’s next on the list, especially if the magical 74-76 pts  can’t be reached by the team. 

But it has more to do with whether he can manage to string together more than two games without exploding his hammies again.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Yep, I’m sorry but Gallagher has way more value to us than Reece these days

The Gallagher ship has sailed. 

let’s see who come calling for his services should the team belly flop again this season.

Gusto seems to have gone backwards under the tactical genus  

On 05/09/2024 at 09:11, Max Fowler said:

Sorry bro, this is an old-fashioned worldview

Unless this is tongue in cheek you are just plain wrong...put any excellent ball playing player in goal and get a very high % of great passes out from the back....and the huge increase in the number of times the keeper has to pick the ball out of the back of the net.

The "heroics" of the on field player replacing an injured keeper... a rarity these days thanks to one of the more sensible changes relating to the keeper.. were exactly that.

My mantra as oft repeated for keepers..Concentration, Confidence and Courage... covers all the mental strengths but if he can't stop shots, cut out a cross  and, being the guy with every one and the game in front of him, have a big mouth with the mind to use it ,,,if he ain;t got that but can hit a silky 40 yard ball just find the biggest lad in the squad and tell him he's in goal this week.

(Haven't read all the follow ups but just my take)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The Gallagher ship has sailed. 

let’s see who come calling for his services should the team belly flop again this season.

Gusto seems to have gone backwards under the tactical genus  

Classic case of shoehorning a player into a system rather than adapting your system to suit the players. Gusto should play as an orthodox fullback as that's his strength. That triangle between him, Palmer and Madueke should be our main weapon but it's currently being held back. I fear part of this is also needing an extra body in midfield given the limitations of Fernandez. If we had another mobile midfielder alongside Caicedo we could give the fullbacks more freedom.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Classic case of shoehorning a player into a system rather than adapting your system to suit the players. Gusto should play as an orthodox fullback as that's his strength. That triangle between him, Palmer and Madueke should be our main weapon but it's currently being held back. I fear part of this is also needing an extra body in midfield given the limitations of Fernandez. If we had another mobile midfielder alongside Caicedo we could give the fullbacks more freedom.

Exactly 

the evidence is there with how the Spanish poodle improved once the current racist captain went off for his operation and the midfield all of a suddenly became an efficient unit. 

Same philosophy in midfield was use by the Spanish coach, hence the impressive euros for the Spanish poodle.  

46 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Can we end the childish name calling?

It really detracts from any sort of grown up discussion

Quite a bizarre reply when you see what is written on here by members about other members.   

Anyway  I will adhere to your request, so I don’t give a mod the ammunition to hit the big red ban me button. 

34 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Quite a bizarre reply when you see what is written on here by members about other members.   

Anyway  I will adhere to your request, so I don’t give a mod the ammunition to hit the big red ban me button. 

IMG_0124.jpeg

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, mora said:

But it has more to do with whether he can manage to string together more than two games without exploding his hammies again.

It’s not even about that anymore, it’s whether he can string two training sessions together!

10 hours ago, Ham said:

We're good for another year. The money is there. 

I suspect that is the answer Potter & his coaching staff gives to clubs who enquire about their availability 

• Like 1

On 06/09/2024 at 00:57, xceleryx said:

I look forward to not hearing a single peep moving forward whenever a GK fails to distribute the ball efficiently, or if they're ever caught in possession when pressured. 

I have a few revolutionary ideas which might just stop our keepers being caught in possession when under pressure.

How about instructing  our players not to pass to the keeper in potentially dangerous situations? How about our keepers picking the ball up in the area when there's any danger lurking, or just booting it long instead of thinking they are KDB? After all, that worked well enough for well over 100 years in football. 

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I have a few revolutionary ideas which might just stop our keepers being caught in possession when under pressure.

How about instructing  our players not to pass to the keeper in potentially dangerous situations? How about our keepers picking the ball up in the area when there's any danger lurking, or just booting it long instead of thinking they are KDB? After all, that worked well enough for well over 100 years in football. 

Some 'out there' rule changes, which I think would make the game far more entertaining and faster.

1. Ban passing back to the goalkeeper completely, free kick to opposing team taken from where the player who passed back stood. No penalty if in box, direct free-kick

2. Goalkeeper only takes goalkicks and ball must travel outside of penalty area (old rule)

3. Apply the six-second rule, whether the ball is in the keepers hands or at his feet and have it timed by VAR

I want the joy brought back. Bans on celebrations should be removed, and time added on. I'd like the VAR to be told to only call decisions where there is a clear error. There should be no marginal decisions, and in the event of confusion, the benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacker. That will make it more beneficial to pass out long because we would not be so fixated on whether the attacker is offside. If play is stopped for injury, the game should be restarted where it stopped, with possession in the hands of those who had it when it stopped, not handed over to the goalkeeper. Also some measures to punish wasting time. We don't pay to see people spend 2 minutes taking a goal kick. 

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I want the joy brought back. Bans on celebrations should be removed, and time added on. I'd like the VAR to be told to only call decisions where there is a clear error. There should be no marginal decisions, and in the event of confusion, the benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacker. That will make it more beneficial to pass out long because we would not be so fixated on whether the attacker is offside. If play is stopped for injury, the game should be restarted where it stopped, with possession in the hands of those who had it when it stopped, not handed over to the goalkeeper. Also some measures to punish wasting time. We don't pay to see people spend 2 minutes taking a goal kick. 

The problem with your proposal is, what  would be comsidred a marginal decision and a clear decision?  If that's left to interpretation, then we could and almost certainly would end up with a goals in one game being ruled out because it was 2 or 3 inches offside while in another game a goal given with it being  4 or 5 inches offside. 

Imho, the introduction of VAR has brought more negatives than positives to the game, so I'd definitely prefer to see it scrapped altogether. It's an utter nonsense  seeing goals, some of them great ones, ruled out because the tip of a players knee is offside.

Obviouly keep the goal line cameras though, which has clearly been nothing but a positive for the game.

• Agree 1