Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Nobody said calling Cucurella "the Spanish poodle" was inappropriate. 

They said it was childish, along with all of the other names you have for players and owners. 

I am sure at some point @paulw66 would have responded.  

So if I am childish for making up names for player and owners, one can assume other members on here who have open called players names and coaches cowards etc. are also childish?

maybe you could quote them and give them the same sermon. On the other hand don’t bother, just keep digging at me, you never know I might bite and the big red ban button will be hit. 

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Datro Fofama off to Turkish side Goztepe on loan with £20m option to buy.

One can assume DDF asked for a loan move and quite surprise a championship club did come calling, maybe to buy option figure scared them off.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ROTG said:

I am sure at some point @paulw66 would have responded.  

So if I am childish for making up names for player and owners, one can assume other members on here who have open called players names and coaches cowards etc. are also childish?

Calling someone a coward isn't name calling. It's an opinion on their character.

Calling a player a poodle because of his hair, as an attempt to demean him as a footballer, is just childish. 

The difference is quite obvious.

21 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Calling someone a coward isn't name calling. It's an opinion on their character.

Calling a player a poodle because of his hair, as an attempt to demean him as a footballer, is just childish. 

The difference is quite obvious.

The abuse towards Lukaku was not childish along with persons calling Poch a clown, and Kepa t-rex arms?

Your narrative seems to be a bit disjointed and more of a direct pop at me

Happy to discuss further off-line

Edited by ROTG

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It really isn't personal.

one hopes you will respond in the same manner when another member writes something about a player, coach or another member on this forum 

Lets move on

Edited by ROTG

7 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

They won’t be able to afford that. He will be back. 

On 19 August 2022, Göztepe became the first Turkish football club to be majority owned by foreign investors with the London-based sports investment firm, Sport Republic, purchasing a 70% stake in the club.[13]

Sport Republic also have an 80% share in Southampton (which may or may not mean anything, but could see him ending up there)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

On 19 August 2022, Göztepe became the first Turkish football club to be majority owned by foreign investors with the London-based sports investment firm, Sport Republic, purchasing a 70% stake in the club.[13]

Sport Republic also have an 80% share in Southampton (which may or may not mean anything, but could see him ending up there)

I think if he does well they will try and get a discount price , but if he does well we should just bring him back. I’m not fully aware of their finances but 20m for them is an awful lot of dosh. A reasonable deal for us if we get 20m but let’s not accept half of that. 

6 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

"All three of Jhon Duran’s substitute goals this season have won the match for Aston Villa. No player has scored more match-winning goals as a substitute in an ENTIRE Premier League season… and we’re only four games in!"

We were linked with him in the window weren't we. Looks like we missed out. 

Yeah, he looks a decent player. Would have been a better signing than Guiu!

A few had written him off on here before we had signed him as well (Duran I mean).

• Sad 1

On 15/09/2024 at 07:56, CarefreeMuratcan said:

"All three of Jhon Duran’s substitute goals this season have won the match for Aston Villa. No player has scored more match-winning goals as a substitute in an ENTIRE Premier League season… and we’re only four games in!"

We were linked with him in the window weren't we. Looks like we missed out. 

It’s ok we got Omari Kellyman instead…

31 minutes ago, hallgalley said:

It’s ok we got Omari Kellyman instead…

I thought we were after Osimhen instead.  I don't recall a single poster on here ruing missing out on Duran, particularly as he's supposed to have a lot of baggage.