Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Potentially more painful times ahead.

What's really infuriating is the way the club, hides behind the word PROJECT. 

Thing is, they’ve just appointed a new coach. Give the bloke what he wants (within reason) and let him undertake the necessary actions. 

TBF the voguish throwaway words like Project, Process are chucked in, in my view because people have either heard them used elsewhere and feel the need to be ‘as smart’ or they can’t actually articulate what they mean/or don’t know what they mean. 

The newish phrase that gets my OG goat is ‘I’ve reached out’ - WTF happened to ‘asked’, ‘requested’, ‘instructed’!

In meetings at work where we know we’re going to be faced with the ‘reached out’ brigade. The other OG’s and I play BS Bingo, trying to predict which one of them comes out with this type of nonsense. Loser buys breakfast/lunch .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Still less than the €5m base PSG have offered, but our bonuses may be more attainable

Not sure how our bonuses can be more attainable than a one club league, who win nearly everything in that league, qualify for CL every season. 

6 minutes ago, east lower said:

In meetings at work where we know we’re going to be faced with the ‘reached out’ brigade. The other OG’s and I play BS Bingo, trying to predict which one of them comes out with this type of nonsense. Loser buys breakfast/lunch

Yep - Know exactly where you are coming from.

"Operating Rhythm" is the latest I have to preach to the congregation of shepherds - That was something something lacking at the club last season

Question - I assume you used to be a family member in the LE, were you there in the early days when bar was a converted broom cupboard and at HT you would buy beers already poured and served from a paste board outside the broom cupboard.

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

What's really infuriating is the way the club, hides behind the word PROJECT. 

Call it what you like but the squad has been poorly managed since Sarri's days. Indeed one could argue that ever since Roman had his work visa revoked we've been on a bit of a downward spiral. It's time to start again, especially now when there are no real legends left at the club (I'm assuming Azpilicueta won't be here next season).

10 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Question - I assume you used to be a family member in the LE, were you there in the early days when bar was a converted broom cupboard and at HT you would buy beers already poured and served from a paste board outside the broom cupboard.

I suppose we must have been as the family section was in the Shed Lower for a good while and was shifted to the East Lower when Jose said he didn’t want the away fans behind him, and if they took the full away allocation all the way down one side of the pitch. Not that I remember much about the facilities as I always had a beer or two (occasionally more) away from the ground after the game.

One of the few decisions of Jose’s that didn’t sit well with me, much preferred the SL. Watched the Barcelona game from there (the one where we were 3-0 up) and that first  20 or so minutes at that end were one of the greatest memories. All three goals at ‘our’ end.

Stinky toilets is an unpleasant memory though!

Edited by east lower

11 hours ago, east lower said:

Much as though it pains me to say this, we may be stuck out in the Arsenal/Spuds wilderness for a good while.

And so will all the other big clubs until the cheats are rightfully and severely  dealt with.

But apart from the cheats, look at who's ahead of us now and our rivals for top four. - Utd will be there or thereabouts but without a Busby or Fergie they are nothing special.  Liverpool will also be up there but likely to struggle once Klopp leaves. Newcastle are well organised and obviously  have tons of money but they're also a long way off being anything special. Spurs are Spurs and continue to hang around like a bad smell, but once Kane leaves they could fall away completely. Arsenal are the ones who could be difficult for us to catch over the next few years, but let's see if they can repeat or better this seasons position with the added expectations and games they'll have next season.

34 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If this is the case, then that’s pretty swift work from the club. 

I can take absolutely no credit for the things I am told as I am just passing on information from a friend of mine who used to work at the club but this is something I have spoke about on here. That all the recruitment is pretty much done and was a part of the reason for the delay in the announcement of Pochettino

He was adamant who and what he wanted for it to work. Said there was no point hiring him if we couldn't get them. The club agreed and wanted everything pretty much in place at the same time of his announcement.

I was also told the Friday before the ITK's broke the story that Sunday evening that Pochettino had agreed to come. 

Then there is what I've been told about Mason Mount for months now, which is only just being spoken about today, or at least it's the first time I've seen the media pick up on it, that it's not about money, more his role in the team. 

As I say, I can't claim any credit myself but it appears that at the moment we, the forum I mean,  have a very reliable source of information on our hands.

Edited by martin1905
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, BMox81 said:

Anyone else feel old with all these players getting mentioned? Don't know who half of them are these days!

I definitely feel old these days. But I play football manager if nothing else to know who these guys are. 😂 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

And so will all the other big clubs until the cheats are rightfully and severely  dealt with.

But apart from the cheats, look at who's ahead of us now and our rivals for top four. - Utd will be there or thereabouts but without a Busby or Fergie they are nothing special.  Liverpool will also be up there but likely to struggle once Klopp leaves. Newcastle are well organised and obviously  have tons of money but they're also a long way off being anything special. Spurs are Spurs and continue to hang around like a bad smell, but once Kane leaves they could fall away completely. Arsenal are the ones who could be difficult for us to catch over the next few years, but let's see if they can repeat or better this seasons position with the added expectations and games they'll have next season.

It might be my blue tinted glasses but I really don't think Arsenal are going to get any better than what they were this season. In fact I truly believe they won't be as good. I think it is more likely they did a Leicester and had literally every single player in their squad have the season of their life all at the same time, than it is that they are going to be a major threat going forward.

Many, most maybe, will disagree but that's just the way I see it.

I also think United haven't been anywhere near as good as the media have made them out to be, sure they have improved but they started from a very low position, also they have done that in a season when three of last season's top four were disastrous

Newcastle, who knows, they've been very impressive this year but again, without the pressure of Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham. This year was basically a free hit for the top four. 

I think I've made my views on where we will finish next season pretty clear. I don't see anyone outside of City as that much of a threat. If we get the important decisions right this summer and from what I am hearing we will I could genuinely see us finishing second, albeit a distant second.

This is the OJOGO story on the Ugarte deal (Google translate is a bit iffy, but you get the drift)

The agreement between the parties is reached: Ugarte will play for Chelsea and Famalicão also wins with the millionnaire transfer of Sporting.

Just as OJOGO advanced in a timely manner, Mauricio Pochettino, Chelsea's new coach, pressed the direction of the English club and Ugarte to close the negotiation as soon as possible. And the result is in sight: Sporting's midfielder will reinforce the blues from next season.

The agreement between the parties is reached and involves the payment of 60 million euros - paid in stages -, value of the termination clause, plus five million that depend on objectives. Uguarte, for its part, will earn a salary of the order of three million euros per year.

By closing this transfer, Chelsea leaves Paris Saint-Germain on the way. Ugarte never hid that he would like to play in the Premier League.

Lions will receive 42 million euros for the share of the pass that belongs to them and Famalicão 30 percent. Fénix, the Uruguayan club where Ugarte was formed, will receive 20 percent of the surplus value. It should be remembered that the Minho emblem bought the player for three million euros.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga/sporting/noticias/ugarte-no-chelsea-os-pormenores-da-transferencia-16472107.html

• Thanks 1

Latest speculation on Mason Mount (I put in bold the part I’d not heard before):

MANCHESTER UNITED will have to pay £70million plus add-ons if they want to sign Mason Mount.

Chelsea are prepared to let the England star run down the final year of his contract rather than sell him for a price below their current valuation.

There have been talks between the two clubs after United agreed personal terms with Mount.

But Chelsea are digging in amid interest from Liverpool, Arsenal, Bayern Munichand other clubs.

The Blues insist they do not want to lose Mount — who was in Barcelona yesterday to watch the F1 qualifying.

The club say £70m is reasonable for a player of his achievements and age despite his contract situation.

A lot can change over the summer but, for now, Chelsea are bullish.

If a sale cannot be agreed, the Blues would look to get one last season out of him while trying to persuade him to stay.

Those hopes look slim, however, as Mount, 24, has rejected at least three previous offers.

Chelsea approached him in August and September with deals of five-plus-one years and a considerable increase on his current wage, thought to be around £80,000 per week.

Mount rejected both, so the Blues went back to him in January, offering a one-year extension until 2025 and with a bigger pay rise that would have made him one of the best-paid players at the club.

This was also rejected by Mount’s camp, who are thought to be seeking about £250,000-per-week.

This salary would put the England international among United's highest-paid players.

It would be a £10,000 increase on the wages paid to Bruno Fernandes, whose salary sits at £240,000-per-week.

He would also earn more than Marcus Rashford and Antony, with the pair collecting £200,000 each week.

However, it would not make Mount the highest-paid player as stars such as Casemiro, Raphael Varane and Jadon Sancho rake in £350,000 per week.

David De Gea is currently the top earner but after agreeing on a new contract his weekly wage of £375,000 is set to be halved.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/10824794/mason-mount-salary-bruno-fernandes-man-utd-chelsea-transfer/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=irishSunSportTwitter&utm_source=Twitter

19 hours ago, east lower said:

I suppose we must have been as the family section was in the Shed Lower for a good while and was shifted to the East Lower when Jose said he didn’t want the away fans behind him, and if they took the full away allocation all the way down one side of the pitch. Not that I remember much about the facilities as I always had a beer or two (occasionally more) away from the ground after the game.

One of the few decisions of Jose’s that didn’t sit well with me, much preferred the SL. Watched the Barcelona game from there (the one where we were 3-0 up) and that first  20 or so minutes at that end were one of the greatest memories. All three goals at ‘our’ end.

Stinky toilets is an unpleasant memory though!

Apologies - a bit of a brain fart moment from me "obviously I have no operating rhythm", the question was about the Shed Lower 👍

On 03/06/2023 at 05:59, kev61 said:

Jesus Bob you need to question what tablets you'r on and why.I did and they prescribed more tablets!!.

Seeing that you're also on meds then you'll probably know that fatigue is a fairly common side effect. Someone taking 9 a day is therefore very likely to suffer from fatogue. I take only 3 a day (+ stong pain killers when needed) and two of my tablets cause significant fatigue. Unfortunately, apart from the doc trying a different tablet which does the same job, there's not a lot more they can do about fatigue. You either take the meds or you don't.

8 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Latest speculation on Mason Mount (I put in bold the part I’d not heard before):

MANCHESTER UNITED will have to pay £70million plus add-ons if they want to sign Mason Mount.

Chelsea are prepared to let the England star run down the final year of his contract rather than sell him for a price below their current valuation.

There have been talks between the two clubs after United agreed personal terms with Mount.

But Chelsea are digging in amid interest from Liverpool, Arsenal, Bayern Munichand other clubs.

The Blues insist they do not want to lose Mount — who was in Barcelona yesterday to watch the F1 qualifying.

The club say £70m is reasonable for a player of his achievements and age despite his contract situation.

A lot can change over the summer but, for now, Chelsea are bullish.

If a sale cannot be agreed, the Blues would look to get one last season out of him while trying to persuade him to stay.

Those hopes look slim, however, as Mount, 24, has rejected at least three previous offers.

Chelsea approached him in August and September with deals of five-plus-one years and a considerable increase on his current wage, thought to be around £80,000 per week.

Mount rejected both, so the Blues went back to him in January, offering a one-year extension until 2025 and with a bigger pay rise that would have made him one of the best-paid players at the club.

This was also rejected by Mount’s camp, who are thought to be seeking about £250,000-per-week.

This salary would put the England international among United's highest-paid players.

It would be a £10,000 increase on the wages paid to Bruno Fernandes, whose salary sits at £240,000-per-week.

He would also earn more than Marcus Rashford and Antony, with the pair collecting £200,000 each week.

However, it would not make Mount the highest-paid player as stars such as Casemiro, Raphael Varane and Jadon Sancho rake in £350,000 per week.

David De Gea is currently the top earner but after agreeing on a new contract his weekly wage of £375,000 is set to be halved.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/10824794/mason-mount-salary-bruno-fernandes-man-utd-chelsea-transfer/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=irishSunSportTwitter&utm_source=Twitter

That £350k a week they're paying Sancho is an absolute bargain. There's not many players who can actually make themselves invisible let alone keep it up for a season.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

That £350k a week they're paying Sancho is an absolute bargain. There's not many players who can actually make themselves invisible let alone keep it up for a season.

Our players have tried, believe me 

Erm. Forget YouTube and what people say, is this Ugarte chap a) any good at all and b) what we actually need? Is he better than 🍚 Rice?

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sums up imports from German clubs nicely

Let hope the TBSD are not planning to bring anyone in from Germany :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Erm. Forget YouTube and what people say, is this Ugarte chap a) any good at all and b) what we actually need? Is he better than 🍚 Rice?

Is he any better than Ampadu if coached?

If we were to base our up-coming transfer business purely on the stories that have been trending the most the last few days - not always the best reasons for thinking transfers will happen, admittedly - we'll have Onana in goal (with Mendy going the other way as part of the deal), Ugarte, Caicedo AND Lavia for our midfield and Vlahovic as our striker.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Sums up imports from German clubs nicely

Let hope the TBSD are not planning to bring anyone in from Germany :classic_smile:

Yes, it's about time clubs took more notice of just how poor the German league is these days. A player looking good over there does not mean he's going to be good in the EPL, as we've seen ourselves with Werner and Havertz.

Also, it's not just the German league being poor these days. None of the continental leagues are of the standard they were in years gone by. 🙁Personally, I preferred the days when there were lots of strong teams  on the continent . Along with the major leagues we also had quality teams from Belgium, Holland and eastern Europe. Football was all the better for it imho.

Just now, boratsbrother said:

Yes, it's about time clubs took more notice of just how poor the German league is these days. A player looking good over there does not mean he's going to be good in the EPL, as we've seen ourselves with Werner and Havertz.

Also, it's not just the German league being poor these days. None of the continental leagues are of the standard they were in years gone by. 🙁Personally, I preferred the days when there were lots of strong teams  on the continent . Along with the major leagues we also had quality teams from Belgium, Holland and eastern Europe. Football was all the better for it imho.

Agreed, look at Gundogan yesterday, barely involved. 

• Haha 2