Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Agreed, look at Gundogan yesterday, barely involved. 

That's where the PL clubs are getting it wrong, they have to be patient for 7 years for a bundesliga player to mature in to a PL, then let them leave on a free. :classic_smile:

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Havertz is the rumour 

Ancelotti reference Kane in his press review 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

That's where the PL clubs are getting it wrong, they have to be patient for 7 years for a bundesliga player to mature in to a PL, then let them leave on a free. :classic_smile:

They're not getting Kane he's an indentured slave of Levy. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

The secret to Citys success is in stockpiling quality players so they're never overplayed, nobody is playing sixty games a season and being driven into the ground 

That and financial sleight of hand obvs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

The secret to Citys success is in stockpiling quality players so they're never overplayed, nobody is playing sixty games a season and being driven into the ground 

Yes but they’re brilliant let’s face it Mr K…!

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Definitely 

Could've been us still dominating had we not been run by a board with no foresight or business acumen. 

No criticism of Roman as an individual of course, just the RASD. 

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Could've been us still dominating had we not been run by a board with no foresight or business acumen. 

No criticism of Roman as an individual of course, just the RASD. 

Yep when we won so easily under Mourinho and again the next season we should have built on it but I believe and I said so at the time that the board thought it was easy to win the Premier league so didn't properly invest in the side and as a by product of that alienated Jose. 

Then we had the stupid vanity buys that in all honesty helped no one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I thought it might be worthwhile to see Havertz play behind a striker just in case we missed something. Are we really selling Havertz and Mount in the one window? 

We have to stop.with the mentality of maybe he'll come.good one day and cut our losses.

Havertz will do well in a three team league where the premium isn't on physicality.

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Havertz will do well in a three team league where the premium isn't on physicality.

And a lot of gash teams to wipe the floor with.

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Yes but they’re brilliant let’s face it Mr K…!

As brilliant as Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong. Different kind of cheating but a club built up on cheating and wouldn't be where they are today without doing that cheating.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

That was biggest criticism of JM Mark II here.

Played Hazard (and others) into the ground. Pep takes Haaland off when they are home and hosed. I remember being 4-0 up at Swansea at HT and Hazard played the whole 90. I just didn't get it.

7 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Our players have tried, believe me 

Erm. Forget YouTube and what people say, is this Ugarte chap a) any good at all and b) what we actually need? Is he better than 🍚 Rice?

Probably half the price of Rice, so even is as good, that is a deal.

5 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

So Benzema is leaving Madrid - wonder if they’ll go for Lukaku or Havertz

Bild saying EUR 70m for Havertz is done. Cant say I am disappointed. Huge talent but just hasn't kicked on at all. Think he'll do well in Spain, in the slower, less physical league

Havertz to Madrid is fine by me. I desperately wanted him to work out here as I do believe he has a huge amount of talent, but he just is not suited to this league at all, unfortunately. I’ll be interested to see where he plays for them, is he a replacement for Benzema or is he there to compliment a new striker (Kane)?

• Agree 2

Personally think selling Havertz is a bad idea. We're losing Mount and are surely doing our best to move on Ziyech and Pulisic while passing on Felix. I do not have high hopes for Mudryk (granted it is early days and he is young so lots could change, but worth pointing out he's played fewer games and looked less impressive over them than someone like Kai at that age) and Madueke is very raw. Just how much of the attack can we swap out in one summer, especially with our stock not especially high?

6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Personally think selling Havertz is a bad idea. We're losing Mount and are surely doing our best to move on Ziyech and Pulisic while passing on Felix. I do not have high hopes for Mudryk (granted it is early days and he is young so lots could change, but worth pointing out he's played fewer games and looked less impressive over them than someone like Kai at that age) and Madueke is very raw. Just how much of the attack can we swap out in one summer, especially with our stock not especially high?

I would rather have fewer, better players than the crap we have now like Zyech and Pulisic.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I would rather have fewer, better players than the crap we have now like Zyech and Pulisic.

It would be typical if we sell players like Havertz, Kovacic and Mount, to reduce the bloated squad size and to comply with FFP, but end up having to hold on to Pulisic and Ziyech because noone wants them.

• Haha 2

It's closed! Manuel Ugarte will transfer from Sporting to Chelsea for the amount contained in the termination clause, that is, 60 million euros.

The Stamford Bridge emblem, A BOLA found, will be responsible for the payment of the solidarity mechanism.

The Uruguayan midfielder also had on the table the possibility of heading to PSG but ended up giving priority to Chelsea and materialising the dream of playing in the Premier League, although without the possibility of playing in European competitions in 2023/2024, after the terrible blues season.

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2023-06-03/sporting-ugarte-fechado-com-o-chelsea/990475

55 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

end up having to hold on to Pulisic and Ziyech because noone wants them.

Pulisic’s contracts up in 2024 anyway, maybe we can slap a 20 % off label on him…better yet buy one get one free. 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

It's a terrible idea.

Pulisic and Ziyech have to leave before we even think about letting Havertz go and with Mount off too that will leave us with Sterling, Madueke  Mudryk and possibly Nkunku. With no striker.

Kovacic and RLC look likely to leave and Kante is finished so we have Enzo and Gallagher in midfield.

So, we need two midfielders, two attacking midfield/wide players and two strikers. Plus potentially a goal keeper. It's possible we could we go from having far too many players  to not even having a functional match day squad of 18 almost overnight.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Interesting point about overplaying

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We have to stop.with the mentality of maybe he'll come.good one day and cut our losses.

Apart from not paying silly money for average players this should the first amendment in the new constitution of Chelsea football club.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Original 21 said:

I thought it might be worthwhile to see Havertz play behind a striker just in case we missed something. Are we really selling Havertz and Mount in the one window? 

Agreed.. seems so obvious doesnt it?

30 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

It's a terrible idea.

Pulisic and Ziyech have to leave before we even think about letting Havertz go and with Mount off too that will leave us with Sterling, Madueke  Mudryk and possibly Nkunku. With no striker.

Kovacic and RLC look likely to leave and Kante is finished so we have Enzo and Gallagher in midfield.

So, we need two midfielders, two attacking midfield/wide players and two strikers. Plus potentially a goal keeper. It's possible we could we go from having far too many players  to not even having a functional match day squad of 18 almost overnight.

Just seen Al Hillal are sending their representative to speak to Kante about moving there too.