Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Personally think selling Havertz is a bad idea. We're losing Mount and are surely doing our best to move on Ziyech and Pulisic while passing on Felix. I do not have high hopes for Mudryk (granted it is early days and he is young so lots could change, but worth pointing out he's played fewer games and looked less impressive over them than someone like Kai at that age) and Madueke is very raw. Just how much of the attack can we swap out in one summer, especially with our stock not especially high?

I find it hard to believe we’re going to sell Havertz, Mount, Pulisic, Ziyech and Loftus Cheek only to rely on Madueke and Mudryk. We only know that Nkunku is coming for sure. But it suggests to me our rebuilding plans are more ambitious and we’ve got other targets lined up. 

11 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Seeing that you're also on meds then you'll probably know that fatigue is a fairly common side effect. Someone taking 9 a day is therefore very likely to suffer from fatogue. 

The point I was making is sometimes doc's just hand out meds like sweets.My guess is Bob is far too diligent  to take that many tab's unless it was necessary.

One other thing that I keep saying to my wife.If the average 60+ year  old goes in for a full mot it will show things that needs tablets to prevent things getting worse(a stitch in time).

That's why I feel lucky to have had the full works of tests because of Diabetes.

You'r right I do feel fatigued at times but I put that down to age.

Jorginho gone. Azpilicueta and Kante as good as gone. 

Kovacic, Mount, Havertz, RLC all look likely to leave.

Pulisic, Aubameyang and Ziyech have to go.

I'd also expect Mendy and or Kepa, CHO and one of Koulibaly or Chalobah to leave. Possibly Lukaku.

We all thought the last two windows were crazy, this one is going to be absolutely mental.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I'd also expect Mendy and or Kepa, CHO and one of Koulibaly or Chalobah to leave. Possibly Lukaku.

We all thought the last two windows were crazy, this one is going to be absolutely mental.

A complete overhaul just what the doctor ordered...happy days!.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Personally think selling Havertz is a bad idea. We're losing Mount and are surely doing our best to move on Ziyech and Pulisic while passing on Felix. I do not have high hopes for Mudryk (granted it is early days and he is young so lots could change, but worth pointing out he's played fewer games and looked less impressive over them than someone like Kai at that age) and Madueke is very raw. Just how much of the attack can we swap out in one summer, especially with our stock not especially high?

He certainly shouldn’t be the priority and if it happens, we should demand a massive fee. We are literally selling whatever small amount of goals exist in the squad! 

A coupe of things I would say though, is that if Poch is looking to play a 4-2-3-1,  maybe Nkunku is going to start as first choice number 10, and potentially even Enzo as backup if we sign two new 6’s?   We also have Chukwuemeka that could play there I suppose.

Although personally I’m not sure Felix is completely off the table.  Only speculation on my part, but wonder if we are trying to not appear as too keen to drive his price down and see what competition for him exists? 

44 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Only two seasons ago.

If things happen as the rumours suggest, then going into next season there'll only be 4 players who were part of that 23 man squad in Porto.

skynews-chelsea-champions-league_5399575.jpg

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

The point I was making is sometimes doc's just hand out meds like sweets.My guess is Bob is far too diligent  to take that many tab's unless it was necessary.

One other thing that I keep saying to my wife.If the average 60+ year  old goes in for a full mot it will show things that needs tablets to prevent things getting worse(a stitch in time).

That's why I feel lucky to have had the full works of tests because of Diabetes.

You'r right I do feel fatigued at times but I put that down to age.

We do hear about docs handing out meds like they are sweets, but I really do think the vast majority will only proscribe lots of pills if a patient detinitely needs them. My late mother would have passed away years before she did without all her meds.

Though I've rarely needed to see them, I've been with my docs for years (NHS) and they have never been anything less than excellent, never more so than the last couple of years when my health has become a problem. 🙂

27 minutes ago, Rob B said:

He certainly shouldn’t be the priority and if it happens, we should demand a massive fee. We are literally selling whatever small amount of goals exist in the squad! 

A coupe of things I would say though, is that if Poch is looking to play a 4-2-3-1,  maybe Nkunku is going to start as first choice number 10, and potentially even Enzo as backup if we sign two new 6’s?   We also have Chukwuemeka that could play there I suppose.

Although personally I’m not sure Felix is completely off the table.  Only speculation on my part, but wonder if we are trying to not appear as too keen to drive his price down and see what competition for him exists? 

If there was a choice between Felix and Havertz(and I know that 'naturally' they play in different postions)I would pick Felix everyday of the week.

There is more to work with in Felix and much more of a professional footballer.

Havertz needs everything to go right for him before he looks even half decent.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

I'd like us to keep RLC and continue to use him as a useful squad player who can step in and play multiple positions. Does so without ever moaning about it too. Would also keep Chalobah. The rest can go though!

5 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

. My late mother would have passed away years before she did without all her meds.

🙂

Whereas my late mother would have preferred to have passed away naturally without modern medicine.

It's a hard game to call sometimes.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just seen Al Hillal are sending their representative to speak to Kante about moving there too. 

Blimey. Kante, Kovacic, Loftus Cheek and Jorginho all out the door. Our new Sporting Directors aren’t messing about. I guess it means there’s room for another midfielder on top of Enzo and Ugarte. 

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

A complete overhaul just what the doctor ordered...happy days!.

The margins are very tight in the premier league at both ends. 

A risky strategy. 

17 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Another Hazard deal, only difference was Hazard was game changing when he left

But not after.......

18 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Blimey. Kante, Kovacic, Loftus Cheek and Jorginho all out the door. Our new Sporting Directors aren’t messing about. I guess it means there’s room for another midfielder on top of Enzo and Ugarte. 

If true.I feel my juices are starting to flow after years of dormancy.

43 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Only two seasons ago.

If things happen as the rumours suggest, then going into next season there'll only be 4 players who were part of that 23 man squad in Porto.

skynews-chelsea-champions-league_5399575.jpg

Yep also when you think this squad was flying at the start of last season, top of league for a while with TT. Only with the messy sale and two lost finals to Liverpool and sacking of TT

Just now, Original 21 said:

We’re throwing out the baby, the bathwater, the bath and the whole bathroom by the looks of it. 

I think "they" think something rotten is going on and are clearing the decks going forward and to be honest after last season I can't blame them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, kev61 said:

If true.I feel my juices are starting to flow after years of dormancy.

We are going to be a completely different team to what we have been not just recently but for a very long time, both in terms of players and style and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it.

I'd expect to see something along the lines of this next season.

GK

James (23) Fofana (21) Silva (old) Chilwell (26)

Enzo (22) Ugarte (22)

Madueke (20) Nkunku (25) Sterling (28)

Martinez (25)

Colwill (20), Chuckwuemeka (18) , Santos (18), Gusto (19) , Badiashille (21), Slonina (18) , Mudryk (22), Broja (20), Gallagher (22), Hall (18), Chalobah (23), Cucurella (24)

Young, energetic, quick, very technical and most importantly super exciting. Players that like to run with the ball and beat their man, something that is a bit of a dieing art in the modern game. 

And if all that doesn't excite you there's the returning Lukaku and Bakayoko to look forward to.

It's not a team that Pep would assemble, I can't see us playing boring possession based football, Barcelona style. It will be win the ball back high up the pitch and burst forward, in numbers. 

I can not wait.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

We are going to be a completely different team to what we have been not just recently but for a very long time, both in terms of players and style and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it.

GK

Enzo (22) Ugarte (22)

Martinez (25)

Colwill (20), Chuckwuemeka (18) , Santos (18), Gusto (19) , Badiashille (21), Slonina (18) , Mudryk (22), Broja (20), Gallagher (22), Hall (18), Chalobah (23), Cucurella (24)

Young, energetic, quick, very technical and most importantly super exciting. Players that like to run with the ball and beat their man, something that is a bit of a dieing art in the modern game. 

And if all that doesn't excite you there's the returning Lukaku and Bakayoko to look forward to.

It's not a team that Pep would assemble, I can't see us playing boring possession based football, Barcelona style. It will be win the ball back high up the pitch and burst forward, in numbers. 

I can not wait.

I was with you Martin until you mentioned Lukaku and especially Bakayoko.

Are you being ironic? It's difficult to tell in text speak.

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

We are literally selling whatever small amount of goals exist in the squad! 

Really?.So he is the best of a bad lot in the goal  scoring department?.

Hang on to him and hope we bring in players that can put it on a plate for him? or drop him deeper which many fans think he should be playing?

I agree it's the throwing the baby out with the bathwater scenario but if we can get a decent price for him he would be one at the top of the list to get rid of.He is just crap and no amount of clever rhetoric will change my opinion.

You see football is quite simple in my mind.

34 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I was with you Martin until you mentioned Lukaku and especially Bakayoko.

Are you being ironic? It's difficult to tell in text speak.

Was trying to be funny mate, although I don't think you can completely rule out Lukaku coming back.

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

GK

Enzo (22) Ugarte (22)

Martinez (25)

I can not wait.

I personally can't wait to see something like this next season. 

Edited by Rick1977

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

One minute he wants only Chelsea. Then he wants PSG but is being forced to go to Chelsea because we're buying an interest in Sporting and now this.  

Let him go to the farmers league if he wants. Don't want players here that are more interested in money than playing for us.