Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

12 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Was trying to be funny mate, although I don't think you can completely rule out Lukaku coming back.

Thought so and yes I even considered Mourhino coming back and then woke up in a cold sweat.

15 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Let him go to the farmers league if he wants. Don't want players here that are more interested in money than playing for us. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the club were to make a statement to say ...we are only interested in players that have desire commitment and the talent to help in our advancement.

Another amendment in our new constitution.

4 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Okay. So are we all agreed that Ugarte wasn’t all that and we’ve forced PSG to overpay for him and we can now focus on Caicedo who’s a better player anyway?

Stay away from players that either the media or themselves big them up.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Stay away from players that either the media or themselves big them up.

Look at the likes of Pogba.Everyone in their right  mind knew his ego was bringing the club down - astonishing really,and now we have Rashford a superstar who only got a chance because of the long list of injuries.

6 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Look at the likes of Pogba.Everyone in their right  mind knew his ego was bringing the club down - astonishing really,and now we have Rashford a superstar who only got a chance because of the long list of injuries.

United have wised up with  a new manager - let's hope we are about to do the same.

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

I wasted in excess of 20 minutes of my life watching his YouTube compilations.  

I feel cheated. 

More fool you.What will 20 minutes on you tube give any idea what the quality of a player is.

We are a multi- billion pound operation ffs.Every aspect of the operation is accountable right through to the tea lady.

I will give it 3 months in the new season before I give it a thumbs up or what I expect.

9 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I hope our not being interested in Joao Felix (represented by Gestifute) has nothing to do with Ugarte (represented by Gestifute) now choosing PSG  🙄 🙄

I like Felix,but I hear a voice of doubt in my ear telling me he is shite and that is caused by people here.

I LIKE HIM and good riddance!.

How many people have watched the Northwest 200 or the Isle of Man TT.

This is a sport that will get the hairs stand on end.Imagine a  motorcycle  travelling  at over 200 miles an hour with a whisker of error that will end their life.

These guys earn a pittance compared to F1 and premier league footballers.

I say this because I was at the TT -  absolutely amazing.

How many top defensive midfielders are there available? Brighton will squeeze us for Caicedo and we won’t be the only team in for him, what next, offer to purchase a stake in Brighton? These owners honestly. 

Edited by Floyd25

11 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Obviously not after last seasons debacle. 

We are entering into a brave new world old toot, or are you so cynical  that is no light in the tunnel?

Edited by kev61

So Benzema  is off to Saudia Arabia and will bathe in money.He is supporting a corrupt regime..who cares?

Don't question Mount he is doing what any young playerwould do.

Edited by kev61
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, kev61 said:

So Benzema  is off to Saudia Arabia and will bathe in money.He is supporting a corrupt regime..who cares?

Should I add - a person who is already rich and desires to get richer on the back of the poor will have to answer for themselves eventually.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

So it's ok for Mount to chase the money, but not ok for Benzema to do it?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Okay. So are we all agreed that Ugarte wasn’t all that and we’ve forced PSG to overpay for him and we can now focus on Caicedo who’s a better player anyway?

Didn’t even know who he was until Friday so I’ll jump on that bandwagon!

5 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

How many top defensive midfielders are there available? Brighton will squeeze us for Caicedo and we won’t be the only team in for him, what next, offer to purchase a stake in Brighton? These owners honestly. 

🍚🍚🍚

I always find it interesting how the default position is always to blame the owners. I think the Todd ‘n’ Eggy show has not been great so far but it isn’t always the owners’ fault (if that’s even the right word) when we don’t get a player or a player leaves. We can’t dictate that. 

7 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Let him go to the farmers league if he wants. Don't want players here that are more interested in money than playing for us. 

To be fair he'd be stupid not to. It's not like he's guaranteed to find a well balanced and successful squad if he rocks up at Cobham. It may be a one club league in France but he'll keep his fitness topped up for the international side. The money differential is not insignificant.