Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

22 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

So , what happened to "Ugarte is coming because MoPo insisted we buy him or he wouldn't sign for us himself" more fabricated bullshit from a media fed on scraps by agents , making things up to suit their narrative .

This could also be BS. Nobody knows anything for sure yet, until they are unveiled.

According to Ben Jacobs and Fabrizio Romano, Mendez went back to PSG with Chelsea's offer and they upped their one  a lot and we pulled out.  

Interest in him stems from Winstanley and Co so predates Poch arrival.

Edited by charlie_sw6

12 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Jorginho gone. Azpilicueta and Kante as good as gone. 

Kovacic, Mount, Havertz, RLC all look likely to leave.

Pulisic, Aubameyang and Ziyech have to go.

I'd also expect Mendy and or Kepa, CHO and one of Koulibaly or Chalobah to leave. Possibly Lukaku.

We all thought the last two windows were crazy, this one is going to be absolutely mental.

The only player that hurts me leaving is Mount. The rest is just meh. Azpilicueta has been a terrific servant to the club and the only one left with a shred of leadership in him, but his days at the top is over. 

Regarding Aubameyang and Ziyech I'll be delighted to see both of them leave. Absolute bellends. The team you listed above was always a broken one - it is time to rip it up and start over. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

We are entering into a brave new world old toot

the question is which new?

Brighton Model - Poach their staff, Buy and sell players live the life in mid table obscurity?

The Arse - One season wonder at trying to win the PL with a rookie coach, then back to CL qualification once every 7 years?

Chitty - Go buy clubs around the world to make your business portfolio look better

Over the 12 months all of the above have been mentioned as the TB new world model for club

8 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Let him go to the farmers league if he wants. Don't want players here that are more interested in money than playing for us. 

Quite

7 hours ago, Ham said:

I wasted in excess of 20 minutes of my life watching his YouTube compilations.  

I feel cheated. 

Thoughts and prayers are with you at this tough time 🙂

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Are we? Based on?

Clear a sarcastic joke

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

More fool you.What will 20 minutes on you tube give any idea what the quality of a player is.

Jesus, I guess it is just taking an interest. 

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

So Benzema  is off to Saudia Arabia and will bathe in money.He is supporting a corrupt regime..who cares?

Don't question Mount he is doing what any young playerwould do.

There is a huge difference between a 35 year old player, who was won everything there is to win (many times) taking one mental end-of-career payday, and a player entering his prime making a career decision based purely on salary*

* I am not saying that IS what Mount is doing, just saying the two situations are not the same

10 hours ago, kev61 said:

If true.I feel my juices are starting to flow after years of dormancy.

I will be tear in the future when the penny drops the sporting directors have made us a mid table team.

The powder puff team you wanted is almost upon us if the rumored incoming and outcomings are correct. They certainty will not beat any of the top teams, nor a midweek winter game at Kenilworth Road 

10 hours ago, martin1905 said:

GK

James (23) Fofana (21) Silva (old) Chilwell (26)

Enzo (22) Ugarte (22)

Madueke (20) Nkunku (25) Sterling (28)

Martinez (25)

Colwill (20), Chuckwuemeka (18) , Santos (18), Gusto (19) , Badiashille (21), Slonina (18) , Mudryk (22), Broja (20), Gallagher (22), Hall (18), Chalobah (23), Cucurella (24)

Young, energetic, quick, very technical and most importantly super exciting. Players that like to run with the ball and beat their man, something that is a bit of a dieing art in the modern game. 

Powder puff team that will be bullied, absolutely no leaders in that team - Probably the easiest money I will donate to this site

16 minutes ago, charlie_sw6 said:

According to Ben Jacobs and Fabrizio Romano, Mendez went back to PSG with Chelsea's offer and they upped their one  a lot and we pulled out.  

Interest in him stems from Winstanley and Co so predates Poch arrival.

Which is 100% the right thing to. 

I love the fact that we are not prepared to get mugged off by the greed of an agent.  Sounds like Mendez has tried to play us and we have called his bluff. 

I wouldn't be too surprised to see another u turn on this and Ugarte himself decide he would rather play in the premier League than play pub football. Last night's developments wasn't anything to do with the player, just a slimy agent attempting to get more money out of us. The story was almost certainly leaked by Mendez himself. We've gone, fuck you and walked away. Ugarte may well wake up this morning and instruct the grease ball to accept our terms. It's not impossible and would be so refreshing.

And if I'm clutching at straws and he would rather play non competitive football for more money then he is not the sort of player I want here so we have dodged a bullet.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The secret to Citys success is in stockpiling quality players so they're never overplayed, nobody is playing sixty games a season and being driven into the ground 

that is not a problem for us next season 38 PL games + domestic cups (1 game per week)

14 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I love the fact that we are not prepared to get mugged off by the greed of an agent.  Sounds like Mendez has tried to play us and we have called his bluff. 

I wouldn't be too surprised to see another u turn on this and Ugarte himself decide he would rather play in the premier League than play pub football. Last night's developments wasn't anything to do with the player, just a slimy agent attempting to get more money out of us. The story was almost certainly leaked by Mendez himself. We've gone, fuck you and walked away. Ugarte may well wake up this morning and instruct the grease ball to accept our terms. It's not impossible and would be so refreshing.

And if I'm clutching at straws and he would rather play non competitive football for more money then he is not the sort of player I want here so we have dodged a bullet.

Completely agree. He's said to have dreamt of playing in the PL so we'll see just how much.

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I think the Todd ‘n’ Eggy show has not been great so far but it isn’t always the owners’ fault (if that’s even the right word) when we don’t get a player or a player leaves. We can’t dictate that. 

Agreed, but offering to buy stakes in certain clubs to try and sway them in to selling them a player, just doesn’t seem like great business to me.  Still, glad we’re not paying over the odds for this player. 

Edited by Floyd25

31 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

There is a huge difference between a 35 year old player, who was won everything there is to win (many times) taking one mental end-of-career payday, and a player entering his prime making a career decision based purely on salary*

* I am not saying that IS what Mount is doing, just saying the two situations are not the same

Could you not argue that Benzema has already had years at the top and made his money. He is in more of a position to make a moral decision or choose to play somewhere out of love or passion. Whereas Mount has more cause to take the highest pay check and secure his own and his family's future early in his career having not had a mega contract yet and not been in the game as long?

6 minutes ago, charlie_sw6 said:

Completely agree. He's said to have dreamt of playing in the PL so we'll see just how much.

Yep, I don't think this is completely over. Clearly there was some developments last night but the way it was portrayed screams of certain people trying to save face. 

If Ugarte decides it is more important for him to play in the premier league then the same people saving face last night will just turn around and say we told you so. 

Here's how I see it.

PSG and Chelsea agree fee with Sporting.

PSG and Chelsea offer contracts.

Scum bag agent goes to PSG saying this is what they have offered, if you offer this I will get my client to sign. 

Scum bag leaks story, putting pressure on us. 

We say a big fuck you to scum bag.

Player then decides. 

Nothing was agreed last night, much like it wasn't agreed with us when certain people were claiming  it was pretty much done. 

7 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Could you not argue that Benzema has already had years at the top and made his money. He is in more of a position to make a moral decision or choose to play somewhere out of love or passion. Whereas Mount has more cause to take the highest pay check and secure his own and his family's future early in his career having not had a mega contract yet and not been in the game as long?

Mount could have followed the same path other loyal players have followed by signing a new contract with our without a buyout clause in order to protect the club he claimed to love. 

Caicedo agreed to do it and look where we are now in the pursuit for him. 

Totally selfish brat.

Interesting yesterday that Mount and Chilwell were at the Spanish GP and that neither of them were seen with Reece James the whole weekend, who was also there.  

That, together with RJ's "carrying bricks" Instagram post make me wonder whether there's been a falling out. 

• Like 1

Don't really believe a word of any of the Ugarte reporting, last night's or the day before's but do generally welcome an approach of walking away if prohibitive wages are demanded. Especially by young players who haven't really done it at a high level for years yet. There is plenty of time for a salary increase if and when you show your worth.

Only note of caution is you have to hold your nerve. We can't have a summer where we maintain a line throughout June and July, lose out on everyone we want, and then make bad panicked decisions in August. There were mitigating factors at play last August explaining that, but we cannot afford another. 

23 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Agreed, but offering to buy stakes in certain clubs to try and sway them in to selling them a player, just doesn’t seem like great business to me.  Still, glad we’re not paying over the odds for this player. 

How do we know that’s even true?

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

Interesting yesterday that Mount and Chilwell were at the Spanish GP and that neither of them were seen with Reece James the whole weekend, who was also there.  

I wouldn't make that link, perfectly possible to just not be especially great mates with people you work with.

What I would say is interesting is that someone from the club's media spoke to Chilwell and James while at F1 for some fluff quotes on looking forward to working with Pochettino. But not Mount ...

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

the question is which new?

I think the landscape has changed over the last couple of years with nation states owning clubs, insanely rich owners artificially inflating player values and any and all premier league clubs able to dine at the top tables because of the money in the Premier League. Gone are the days of the "top four" or even the short lived "top six". I think you will continue to see clubs appearing from nowhere for the odd season before sinking back into the pack. What makes City different is Pep. Once he goes then they will return to the level of the rest of us, generally good seasons with the occasional great one or poor one thrown in. Yes money talks, but managers such as Guardiola shout from the rooftops.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Ham said:

Mount could have followed the same path other loyal players have followed by signing a new contract with our without a buyout clause in order to protect the club he claimed to love. 

Caicedo agreed to do it and look where we are now in the pursuit for him. 

Totally selfish brat.

That, together with RJ's "carrying bricks" Instagram post make me wonder whether there's been a falling out. 

I don't think buy out clauses are actually legal in this country - someone correct me if i'm wrong?

Sure he could have done that but why would he? Honestly? He has more chance of getting the move he wants rather than just the highest bidder and more money for himself this way. Chelsea are seemingly still going to get a very handsome fee for him this summer - it's not like he's left on a free. If he signs a contract he could very easily end up like Kane or Zaha who it was widely agreed made mistakes by signing their deals. I don't believe anyone would pay the sort of fee that Chelsea would ask for Mount on an extended contract and he'd be stuck at a club he seemingly doesn't feel sure about for whatever reason.

Just now, FrankLampard8 said:

I don't think buy out clauses are actually legal in this country - someone correct me if i'm wrong?

Sure he could have done that but why would he? Honestly? He has more chance of getting the move he wants rather than just the highest bidder and more money for himself this way. Chelsea are seemingly still going to get a very handsome fee for him this summer - it's not like he's left on a free. If he signs a contract he could very easily end up like Kane or Zaha who it was widely agreed made mistakes by signing their deals. I don't believe anyone would pay the sort of fee that Chelsea would ask for Mount on an extended contract and he'd be stuck at a club he seemingly doesn't feel sure about for whatever reason.

The framing of Mount as being disloyal or a "brat" is just ridiculous. 

Here is what we actually know or can feel safe assuming. He has a year left on his deal. There have been some nature of negotiations between him and the club, so far with no mutual agreement reached. He has made himself available for training, matches and media responsibilities whenever able. The club, or someone close to it, has repeatedly briefed since the end of 2022 that they will sell him this summer if he doesn't sign a new deal. 

Over time there have been different reports and briefings on what the issue with negotiations have been. Some seem more likely to have come from Mount's camp, other's from the club's. For those reasons, they should each be taken with a pinch of salt.

I have seen absolutely no reporting or briefing that Mount has actually asked or pushed  to go this summer. His best interests would almost certainly be served by leaving at the end of his deal for free, rather than agreeing a deal with someone who also has to cough up at least £50m for him. It's the club who are better served by him being sold this summer (as compared to losing him for free, not as compared to him signing a new deal).

When these owners have made so many ridiculous, self-destructive decisions in just a year, it does surprise me to see so many adopt as a default that Mount must be the problem.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

From what I can surmise , they offered £5m we offered £3m but "Premier League football" they then countered with £10m .

We then withdrew which was sensible and lets be honest £10m per year , you'd have to be mad to turn that down ! 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Don’t understand the Lavia links, what would signing him do for Santos, Casadei, Webster etc. Is he a better fit, or better level of player than all three of them? Doubt it. 

The only thing Lavia has on those three is a season's experience playing in the Prem

• Like 1