Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

The framing of Mount as being disloyal or a "brat" is just ridiculous. 

Here is what we actually know or can feel safe assuming. He has a year left on his deal. There have been some nature of negotiations between him and the club, so far with no mutual agreement reached. He has made himself available for training, matches and media responsibilities whenever able. The club, or someone close to it, has repeatedly briefed since the end of 2022 that they will sell him this summer if he doesn't sign a new deal. 

Over time there have been different reports and briefings on what the issue with negotiations have been. Some seem more likely to have come from Mount's camp, other's from the club's. For those reasons, they should each be taken with a pinch of salt.

I have seen absolutely no reporting or briefing that Mount has actually asked or pushed  to go this summer. His best interests would almost certainly be served by leaving at the end of his deal for free, rather than agreeing a deal with someone who also has to cough up at least £50m for him. It's the club who are better served by him being sold this summer (as compared to losing him for free, not as compared to him signing a new deal).

When these owners have made so many ridiculous, self-destructive decisions in just a year, it does surprise me to see so many adopt as a default that Mount must be the problem.

You see it one way, I see it another. 

Painted himself as 'Proper Chels' but appears to doing everything possible to get away to a direct rival.  That's the bit that gives me snake vibes.  

Could have stayed on a fantastic salary with the club he claims to love.  Financially set for life.  Money 99% of the nation would kill for.

I think you're being too kind on him.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Painted himself as 'Proper Chels' but appears to doing everything possible to get away to a direct rival.  That's the bit that gives me snake vibes.  

Could have stayed on a fantastic salary with the club he claims to love.  Financially set for life.  Money 99% of the nation would kill for.

The bold bit is where we differ. We've seen players do "everything possible" to get a move, often to us. Go straight to the press, make themselves unavailable to play, miss training, slap in a transfer request. Absolutely no indication Mount has done any of that. None that he has even asked to move. At all. Just that he hasn't found any of the terms offered to him agreeable. There are multiple players we rightly adore and consider legends who all at one point reportedly did more to push for a move (Drogba, Terry, even Lampard).

Maybe the terms offered have been perfectly reasonable and there is no real reason for turning them down, I'll give you that. 

While I may be being too kind, I think you and plenty of others have lost sight of how it is the club that have consistently briefed they will sell him in this summer if he doesn't sign a new deal. Not the other way round. My best guess is that he and the club have pissed each other off with negotiations and there's just no way back.

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Someone on a previous page thinks there’s more to it than just money. I think seeing a brey he grew up with earning shed loads more (and by the way if RJ is on two hundred grand a week it’s a f in disgrace because he’s not worth that much  in my opinion) is the crux of it . Just because  a player comes from the academy there’s no guarantee they’re going to be a one club man either. If he wants to go so be it.

As an aside Liverpool are apparently close to signing Alexis MacAllister from Brighton for £60m 

The same Brighton that are asking us to pay £ 100m for Caicedo .

I say we do absolutely no business with them , boycott them , all it is is an attempt to get £70m and Colwill from us .

F**k 'em. 

48 minutes ago, Ham said:

To be fair he probably does still consider himself "proper Chels" however when he looks around over the last 12 months where has the "proper Chels" gone? His Chelsea background refers to the Abramovich era. I don't think there's anything of that left.

7 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

To be fair he probably does still consider himself "proper Chels" however when he looks around over the last 12 months where has the "proper Chels" gone? His Chelsea background refers to the Abramovich era. I don't think there's anything of that left.

I don't think he'll find it looking at United and Liverpool 😁

58 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

As an aside Liverpool are apparently close to signing Alexis MacAllister from Brighton for £60m 

I say we do absolutely no business with them , boycott them , all it is is an attempt to get £70m and Colwill from us .

F**k 'em. 

Maybe they think (as I do) that Caicedo is a better player?

Liverpool also reportedly looking at Manu Kone and Kephren Thuram - perhaps the sort of singings we should be looking at if the other options are too steep?

2 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Maybe they think (as I do) that Caicedo is a better player?

No , they're doing it because they want Colwill , They stated they want £100m but are willing to accept a player in part payment .

Edited by Mark Kelly

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

F**k 'em. 

MacAllister has a release clause in his contract.

43 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

On the flip side, he could be one of the leading figures in a new era of club icons. 

Maybe that doesn't quite have the same appeal as the £ or the personal satisfaction of playing in midfield.

12 hours ago, Ham said:

I wasted in excess of 20 minutes of my life watching his YouTube compilations.  

I feel cheated. 

If you need cheering up may I suggest you pop on there and watch some Sons Of Arkham videos. A big fat middle age American dude who fart pranks people.

For those of us who've never quite grown up.🙂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

If the agent is managing to get him double the salary at PSG compared to Chelsea who is to say that isn't in the players interest too?

Maybe. But he gets to play in a Ligue 1 Uber Eats, which has been won by one club nine times in the last ten years. Hope he comprehends that.

8 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

If you need cheering up may I suggest you pop on there and watch some Sons Of Arkham videos. A big fat middle age American dude who fart pranks people.

For those of us who've never quite grown up.🙂

Can he play DM?

19 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Didn't hey quote Arsenal similar figures in January? 

No as far as I recall , from memory it was £65m

27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

MacAllister has a release clause in his contract.

Even so the point still remains that in asking for £100m but happy to take a player in part exchange when his previous price was £65m is Brighton exploiting us and if we choose as a club to give in to that we deserve everything we get .

What we should be doing is signing their first choice for a replacement to Caicedo. 

• Agree 1

Not a great start to the window. Sounds like we were being used by Ugarte’s agent to force PSG into a deal. I don’t think we were ever in with a chance. It was all a smokescreen and we got played. When we realised it was all a game, we withdrew.

This Ugarte fiasco reminds me of the last Summer window when we were allegedly going for Kounde, Raphinha and Tchouameni, when they were going all along to Madrid and Barca and our interest was used to make sure they didn’t miss out.  In the end, we got Zakaria on loan because we’d wasted so much time. Was hoping we’d be a lot smarter this window but it doesn’t bode well. 

27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Even so the point still remains that in asking for £100m but happy to take a player in part exchange when his previous price was £65m is Brighton exploiting us and if we choose as a club to give in to that we deserve everything we get .

What we should be doing is signing their first choice for a replacement to Caicedo. 

Caicedo finished the season in unbelievable form though Mark - he's gone from a £65 million player to a £100 million player - better than MacAllister, Rice and every other CM in the league bar Rodri.

Brighton have been so good that I would be in favour of loaning Colwill back to them - what an amazing place to develop and it's incredible that they can consistently scout such talent where teams above them fail.

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

Not a great start to the window. Sounds like we were being used by Ugarte’s agent to force PSG into a deal. I don’t think we were ever in with a chance. It was all a smokescreen and we got played. When we realised it was all a game, we withdrew.

This Ugarte fiasco reminds me of the last Summer window when we were allegedly going for Kounde, Raphinha and Tchouameni, when they were going all along to Madrid and Barca and our interest was used to make sure they didn’t miss out.  In the end, we got Zakaria on loan because we’d wasted so much time. Was hoping we’d be a lot smarter this window but it doesn’t bode well. 

In fairness - Ugarte has happened much quicker and we can move on. Amazing how we and every journalist is convinced these players prefer a move to the Premier League and they always end up at Barca, PSG or the like.

Let's switch our attention to Caicedo and Rice; use Rice as a makeweight to convince Mount to stay if he really wants to.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Arsenal reportedly had a £70m bid rejected so they obviously valued him higher than that back then. 

There's multiple articles like this online from January:

https://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk/12709/12794737/brighton-place-100m-valuation-on-midfielder-moises-caicedo-amid-chelsea-interest-paper-talk

Personally don't get the comments above about Lavia playing for a bottom-of-the-table club. Noone stopped liking Rice when West Ham were in the relegation zone, same with Maddison at Leicester.

Great players can play in poor squads. Question is only if he is good enough for us.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

What we should be doing is signing their first choice for a replacement to Caicedo

Didn't he sign a new contract after January to improve their position?

Regarding the bold bit, I've always said that about Atleti and Dortmund. 

Make a bid, see who they target and buy them instead. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

In late news Ziyech has gone to Moscow to party with Quincy Promes who has been accused of running a cocaine smuggling operation whilst playing in the league .

Please just get rid. 

I've got a feeling that he is staying