Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

I wouldn't be paying him £250k pw or anything close if it was me either. He's had an awful season, his G/A output is massively inflated through set pieces and scoring against the fodder. He averages 2 open play assists per season in the Premier League, while has 1 league goal against the top 6 in 4 years. I'd be wanting a lot of more for £250k pw personally, but that's just me. 

Got a funny feeling you will be taken off MM Christmas card list. 

Just a question - who in the clubs midfield has continually out performed MM since his introduction under FL. 

11 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Just a question - who in the clubs midfield has continually out performed MM since his introduction under FL. 

Not a single player is the answer. He’s been consistently one of our best players every season he’s been here bar the season just finished. 

Now, you may have an opinion that Mount doesn’t deserve £250k/week. But the problem is that we have other players who are there or thereabouts making that sort of money and who absolutely are not better than Mount. So if you’re Mason Mount, you look around the squad and wonder what the hell you need to do to be appreciated by your club. Especially since we seem more than willing to splash huge fees and salaries on decidedly average players. 

998B4B95-0503-442B-B91B-AF15FF89889B.png

Edited by Sleeping Dave

9 minutes ago, ROTG said:

We have the least effective midfield in Christendom and possibly the galaxy when it comes to goals and assists so it's not really much of a comparison. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King , 2 assists is incredible if the other two haven't made any .  Why not compare him to Son at Spurs , similar positions , how does that work? 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

We have the least effective midfield in Christendom and possibly the galaxy when it comes to goals and assists so it's not really much of a comparison. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King , 2 assists is incredible if the other two haven't made any . 

I'd also add that the graphic @Sleeping Dave just posted is fairly creative speculation at best, scandalous & deliberate misrepresentation of confidential information at worst.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Well if those 2 tweets aren't transfer rumours in a nutshell... 

Quickly followed up with "Chelsea approach PSG for Neymar".

The same PSG we are currently at war with. 

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

In all fairness I think they are secretly quite keen to get shot, they MIGHT even do business with us on this one occasion. 

I know we need to raise some funds but surely there is a limit to the actual first team players we can lose. You can sell Pulisic, Ziyech, Aubameyang etc and not really notice it but surely you can't lose Havertz and Mount in the same window if indeed the plan is to play with a 10 (unless Gallagher backs up Nkunku?) as well as Kovacic, RLC and maybe Kante. It just feels like overkill.

Edited by FrankLampard8
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

In all fairness I think they are secretly quite keen to get shot, they MIGHT even do business with us on this one occasion. 

I know we need to raise some funds but surely there is a limit to the actual first team players we can lose. You can sell Pulisic, Ziyech, Aubameyang etc and not really notice it but surely you can't lose Havertz and Mount in the same window if indeed the plan is to play with a 10 (unless Gallagher backs up Nkunku?) as well as Kovacic, RLC and maybe Kante. It just feels like overkill.

Pulisic and Ziyech have to go. If we can't sell them then we should give them away. If we can't do that they can play for the reserve team.

If we assume Mount is gone that leaves us with Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke, Havertz and Chuckwuemeka. 

And no striker.

Cosidering Havertz can fill in as a ST, albeit not very well, and RW and AM selling him now would be foolish, especially when we will probably play 4231 and he could finally be used as a number 10. He may end up being crap there. He may end up being sold in the next window anyway but selling him now makes no sense. At all.

19 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Pulisic and Ziyech have to go. If we can't sell them then we should give them away. If we can't do that they can play for the reserve team.

If we assume Mount is gone that leaves us with Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke, Havertz and Chuckwuemeka. 

And no striker.

Cosidering Havertz can fill in as a ST, albeit not very well, and RW and AM selling him now would be foolish, especially when we will probably play 4231 and he could finally be used as a number 10. He may end up being crap there. He may end up being sold in the next window anyway but selling him now makes no sense. At all.

Don't forget Broja and Nkunku.

Personally I would be open to Havertz leaving if he really wants to and if Pochettino doesn't particularly want him and if we can get the right price and if we can get a better replacement preferably with more experience.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Oh god, no thanks.

Over hyped, over rated and a high maintenance pain in the proverbials.

NOT the sort of player we need to be signing 😡

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

And no striker.

Apart from the fact he has one good game in six and has no presence whatsoever. A massive disappointment imo. All this “generational talent” bollocks. 

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Why not compare him to Son at Spurs , similar positions , how does that work? 

Not at all. Son is not a Chelsea player. 
Mount has been the best midfielder at the club over the past few seasons.  Hence POTY for two season.  It’s is more than likely the case that he seen the writing is on the wall with the club and where it’s going over the next few seasons, therefore whilst his stock is high, he is taking the opportunity to move on to a club where the chances of winning silverware are greater than Chelsea in the coming seasons. 

1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

Why would Gundogan accept?

Why would we want him

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

And no striker.

The rest of the premiership will be shaking in there boots with that line up. 

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Being the best midfielder at Chelsea is like being the World's tallest dwarf. 

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

World's fastest sloth 

You two crack me up 😂 🤣