Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

IMG_7251.jpeg

We are potentially losing so many experienced PL pros all at once.  

After the scare we had last season I'm genuinely worried about how we'll look in pre-season and beyond.

The margin of error these days is rizla thin and we desperately need to qualify for the CL at the very least. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

For all the talk of our squad needing an overhaul, it’s simply stunning that we could be left with 3 players out of the 23 man team that won the Champions League just 2 years ago. An absolute joke.

I am optimistic about what comes next - but what an unmitigated disaster it’s been so far. City improve piece by piece each season. We’ve thrown out the entire applecart so Boehly can learn how football works.

CD574294-6F88-4BA3-A464-E74AC690E45E.jpeg

🚨 BREAKING.
Man United have now offered Chelsea £50m + Harry Maguire in exchange for Mason Mount.

Chelsea has also responded by giving Man United £50m + Marc Cucurella to keep Harry Maguire and never contact them again. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

For all the talk of our squad needing an overhaul, it’s simply stunning that we could be left with 3 players out of the 23 man team that won the Champions League just 2 years ago. An absolute joke.

I am optimistic about what comes next - but what an unmitigated disaster it’s been so far. City improve piece by piece each season. We’ve thrown out the entire applecart so Boehly can learn how football works.

CD574294-6F88-4BA3-A464-E74AC690E45E.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

We are potentially losing so many experienced PL pros all at once.  

After the scare we had last season I'm genuinely worried about how we'll look in pre-season and beyond.

The margin of error these days is rizla thin and we desperately need to qualify for the CL at the very least. 

That’s Kante, Kovacic, Loftus Cheek for sure, and Mount potentially all going from our midfield. On top of Jorginho. That leaves just Enzo and a couple of youngsters. That’s it. 

We’re going to need some heavy hitters in there. I really hope we know what we’re doing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ROTG said:

yeah - that stupid administration which got 100m for a 30 year old with one year left on his contract, got the money back on morata, sold academy players with a year left on their contract and said they would not renew in excess of 25m each

Yeah a real dumb administration - lets see how much this administration can get for the likes of KK, PEA, Cucurella, Charka 

That was also the same admin that let KDB and Salah walk out the club for peanuts so they were not infallible!

6 hours ago, Bert19 said:

I'd also add that the graphic @Sleeping Dave just posted is fairly creative speculation at best, scandalous & deliberate misrepresentation of confidential information at worst.  

Perhaps. But it’s the best yardstick we have and although I do not think it is 100% accurate I also don’t think it’s completely off. 

5 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Good, utter madness to sell him.

Why would it be madness to sell him? He’s arguably never reached the heights of Mount, he isn’t anywhere near our best player and he’s struggling for goals, assists and to create chances. What exactly is it that he does? 

6 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Why would it be madness to sell him? He’s arguably never reached the heights of Mount, he isn’t anywhere near our best player and he’s struggling for goals, assists and to create chances. What exactly is it that he does? 

We scouted and signed him as a creative attacking midfield player who chipped in with the odd goal and played him as a CF.  

As others have said, we owe it to ourselves to try him with a proper number 9, given the pricetag.

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

I really hope we know what we’re doing.

If it were Potter I would doubt it but Poch is somewhat more experienced.

Interesting we are hearing more solid info on who is going and nothing on who is coming in. The most solid name seems to be maguire. Utd would be wetting themselves with joy if the got shot of him for Mount. I would just give up on next season already if he came in and we kept Cucu

35 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Perhaps. But it’s the best yardstick we have and although I do not think it is 100% accurate I also don’t think it’s completely off. 

Because with Mount going we would be left with Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke and Chuckwuemeka. And no striker. And needing two CM's. And  possibly a GK.

25 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

If it were Potter I would doubt it but Poch is somewhat more experienced.

Interesting we are hearing more solid info on who is going and nothing on who is coming in. The most solid name seems to be maguire. Utd would be wetting themselves with joy if the got shot of him for Mount. I would just give up on next season already if he came in and we kept Cucu

Thankfully they're trying to pitch Maguire to Spurs now. 

3 hours ago, Original 21 said:

That’s Kante, Kovacic, Loftus Cheek for sure, and Mount potentially all going from our midfield. On top of Jorginho. That leaves just Enzo and a couple of youngsters. That’s it. 

We’re going to need some heavy hitters in there. I really hope we know what we’re doing.

I missed out Conor Gallagher.  Have no idea what’s happening with him. 

6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Being the best midfielder at Chelsea is like being the World's tallest dwarf. 

For the worlds tallest dwarf “who I thought was Messi” he’s got one hell of a CV for one so young, hence his imminent departure. Who know he might end up playing with the diddy men from notty ash.  

Either way he’s going have a greater chance of adding silverware to his CV and get a decent wage for doing it. 

Edited by ROTG

4 hours ago, Blue Orca said:

That was also the same admin that let KDB and Salah walk out the club for peanuts so they were not infallible!

Both asked to leave because they could not get into the first team and the club made money on their sales.  

15 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

So he signed the deal after the Derby loan, but was a Championship player at the time? Cart leading the horse logic.

Which further falls down when you consider that, at £80k a week, Mount was underpaid even by "youth product who hasn't done anything of note in blue" standards at that time. Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek were both on anything between £100-150k a week according to reports. He was paid decidedly averagely when compared to what Chelsea youth products were and had been paid.

I'm not pleading poverty for a 20 year old taking home over a quarter of a million quid a month, but there really is no sense to this argument that he was, even for a short period, overpaid by any reasonable standard.

If he hadn't yet kicked a competitive Premier League ball then he was still a Championship player. Tomayto, tomahto I suppose. 

Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek were massively overpaid to begin when they signed their contracts, Hudson-Odoi's was also in the face of trying to fight off Bayern raising the cost further. Both were also part of the first team and playing games when they extended, even if not constant features. Just because we got fleeced in those deals doesn't mean doing so for Mount was the right move either. Mount was still getting a very good packet for where he was at the time. Not all situations were alike. 

12 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Are you Mason Mount, Todd Bowhly or Marina Granovskaia? If not, this is mere speculation on your behalf and you do have a hard time arguing with someone presenting their opinions as facts. It’s your opinion he’s been offered contracts, but you do not know whether that’s true or not. A fact is that his contract is running out. If the club would have offered him a deal that matched his performances and he turned that down you’d have a point. But my OPINION is that it’s highly unlikely that scenario ever played out. 

It was also clear as day that Mason Mount was not a championship player. He was an automatic starter from day one the season he came back. 

I'm not trying treating others opinions as facts, and we're all using speculation as a reference for discussion at the end of the day. Based on what speculation we know, some of which has been around for years (re: the rejected contract under Roman), he's been offered several contracts. You can of course choose to reject that notion, but I do find it funny that it's okay to use speculation if its defending Mount's position but as soon as its flipped on it's end its more frowned upon because it possibly paints Mount is a lesser light. 

Yes, because he had a transfer ban and hired Frank who had managed him the season prior. Favourable circumstances and all, would that have happened without the transfer ban or if Frank wasn't manager at the time? I suppose we'll never know. 

11 hours ago, ROTG said:

Got a funny feeling you will be taken off MM Christmas card list. 

Just a question - who in the clubs midfield has continually out performed MM since his introduction under FL. 

Mount hasn't really played an extensive amount of football in midfield for us, so it's probably not the best question to be asking.

(From memory his midfield numbers were around 34 games for a return of 3G/3A, not a great return.)

5 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Loftus-Cheek's deal could fold after the bomb drop that's happened at AC Milan in the last couple of days with Maldini being sacked. He was the one pushing for Loftus-Cheek and working on the deal, so it may not happen now as their ownership have really shit the bed.

On 05/06/2023 at 08:27, Sleeping Dave said:

The only player that hurts me leaving is Mount. The rest is just meh. Azpilicueta has been a terrific servant to the club and the only one left with a shred of leadership in him, but his days at the top is over. 

Regarding Aubameyang and Ziyech I'll be delighted to see both of them leave. Absolute bellends. The team you listed above was always a broken one - it is time to rip it up and start over. 

Agree with all that."Rip it up and start again" (by orange juice) -  we should have been singing that in our final games

7 hours ago, Original 21 said:

I'm quite giddy  at the prospect of getting rid of most of the team.Could it backfire?...possibly but I doubt it.

I suppose we have to have faith in Poch.Surely to god we will improve this season!.

• Agree 2