Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I agree and have said many times previously that it all started to go wrong when the club took Lukaku on and gave him a stupid wage which he then threw back in their faces and flounced off back to Inter as quickly as his elephantine legs could carry him.

MK let the Lukaku obsession go. 
Even with that problem child, the team finished 3rd, won a couple of cups, lost a couple of finals which included the club having sanctions put on it for the final 3 months. 

MM sees his future elsewhere, time to move on.

As I said at the beginning of June, nobody really knows what is happening with player movement, because the club will have a media blackout in June  apart from official departures or signings, Hence the 1001 names Bob S puts up weekly, because nobody in the media has a scooby. 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The issue is Dave is that he was allegedly offered a much improved deal when Roman owned the club , slightly less than James signed for and refused it as he wanted the same deal .

Then the sanctions came into play and the club was sold .

The new owners allegedly offered him a new more lucrative deal but the length of the contract was too long for his liking and again allegedly was offered a slightly different deal at a shorter length which he then turned down over "image rights" 

He then sacked his Dad as his agent and appointed a proper negotiator and we now find ourselves in a situation where one side says they've done all they can and the other says they haven't done enough and we the supporters don't actually know the truth of any of it .

I am 110% behind your anger over the issue as I agree and have said many times previously that it all started to go wrong when the club took Lukaku on and gave him a stupid wage which he then threw back in their faces and flounced off back to Inter as quickly as his elephantine legs could carry him.

Like many companies before them , they valued the newbies higher than the ones who got them to that position in the first place .

I think If I was Mount I'd leave too ,  out of spite . 

I expect Lukaku is as we speak trying to negotiate a loyalty bonus for coming back again.

Elephantine legs 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ROTG said:

As I said at the beginning of June, nobody really knows what is happening with player movement, because the club will have a media blackout in June  apart from official departures or signings, Hence the 1001 names Bob S puts up weekly, because nobody in the media has a scooby. 

Monthly, actually (1st of each month) 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

The issue is Dave is that he was allegedly offered a much improved deal when Roman owned the club , slightly less than James signed for and refused it as he wanted the same deal .

If that is true I can feel him. Why would he sign on a lesser contract compared to James? Don’t get me wrong, I love Reece as a player and I confess that the top three players we have in our squad when everyone is injury-free and firing is Mount, James and Chilwell.  

1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

If that is true I can feel him. Why would he sign on a lesser contract compared to James? Don’t get me wrong, I love Reece as a player and I confess that the top three players we have in our squad when everyone is injury-free and firing is Mount, James and Chilwell.  

Probably because, when fit, James is in the conversation for best RB in the world, let alone league. Is Mount in the same conversation, in whatever position you want to put him in?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

Probably because, when fit, James is in the conversation for best RB in the world, let alone league. Is Mount in the same conversation, in whatever position you want to put him in?

He isn’t even in conversation for best midfielder in London given his regression. I fear now it’s all about saving face and he’ll leave anyway. 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Correct. 
And a legend 

Legend as a driver and brilliant on 5th Gear too. 

Alfredo Pedullo tweeting that Kane to Madrid is close. 

That came out of nowhere 😳

Edited by Ham
Hate when unconnected posts merge.

27 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Leaving England without a trophy to show for his efforts, Spurs will do that to you. 

What's odd is that he's a very reliable reporter and nobody else is reporting this. 

🤔

3 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Did I? I specifically wrote that the one player we have on our books who may actually deserve a salary of +£200k/w is Mason Mount and hilariously he is the only player the club deem not worthy. 

Spectacular own goal by the club if Mount leaves.  Brings so much more than goals and assists, but what I will say on his stats, is that even De Bruyne and Fabregas wouldn’t get big assists numbers in this team.  

We’ve been dire going forward for 2-3 seasons and not even had a recognised first choice number 9 so why we are using Assists as a reason to comfort ourselves that Mount leaving isn’t a disaster,  I don’t know. 

No one uses it against Reece James when his stats are inferior to TAA because common-sense is applied.  

If he was good enough for Lampard, Southgate, Tuchel, evidently Ten-Hag and reportedly Pochettino, that’s good enough for me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

If true, that'll mean Havertz is more likely to stay than be sold as nobody else is that interested for the money we're looking for.

I'm happy to keep Havertz as long as he's not going to be used as a striker. 

Anyone remember the YouTube highlights that got us excited about him before he joined? We all got pumped about his close ball skills and his passing/assists. 

Without a recognised number 9, nobody is getting assists. Lewis Hall case in point. 

As much as Lukaku whined in order to get out, we couldn't have done any worse this last season if we forced him to stay. 

I can see Lukaku scoring a ton off the service from RW, LW, Havertz and Enzo. 

Edited by Ham
  • Like 1

I dare say you're right @Ham.  I'm not one of those desperate for him to leave, and would like to see what he might actually contribute as a second striker rather than as the "main man". 

I'm no fan of Lukaku, but I'm also a pragmatist. If he ends up as our main striker because we a) can't get rid of him permanently and b) can't find another striker, then I recognise that we may have no choice but to make it work. I too think he could do well with the service he's now likely to get.

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

These Neymar rumours keep showing up at the top of the page whenever I do a Chelsea Google news search.  

He'd be a Blue Whale out of water in this team and be no more use than selling  a few shirts.

Given he has managed him at PSG, if Poch wants him, well, he knows better than any of us what Neymar is capable of.

30 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Given he has managed him at PSG, if Poch wants him, well, he knows better than any of us what Neymar is capable of.

This is a good point, I forgot he had managed him. I would hope/assume Poch has insisted on having some input on player acquisitions, and that the owners want that too. I imagine the owners are keen from a marketing perspective, Poch will know first hand what his attitude is actually like whilst we can only make assumptions. I have some reservations whether he would suit the PL, but he definitely knows where the goal is and he would bring experience to the team. Probably better than any of our current attacking players tbh, if Poch backs it I will too as he knows the player and the demands of the league

5 hours ago, Rob B said:

If he was good enough for Lampard, Southgate, Tuchel, evidently Ten-Hag and reportedly Pochettino, that’s good enough for me. 

You forgot we(chelsea) are living in a parallel universe regarding the value and talent of a player to the rest of the league and the universe.

Let's take Mount as an example.He has ALL the attributes to be one of the best midfielders in the world...technique,vision,intelligence and guile.Then we have RLC. Some are saying we should hold on to Ruben and give him another chance.

STOP!!!.He is a proven failure over and over again when do you draw the line?.

Look, Mount may not live up to expectations but he is in a different league to the one dimensional Enzo.

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Given he has managed him at PSG, if Poch wants him, well, he knows better than any of us what Neymar is 

If we sign Neymar then Poch can piss off.Is this a joke!

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not sure he is the right person to bring to a club, which seems to be building a squad fully of kids who he could influence on how to be a model professional on and off the field. 🤔

2 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

This is a good point, I forgot he had managed him. I would hope/assume Poch has insisted on having some input on player acquisitions, and that the owners want that too. I imagine the owners are keen from a marketing perspective, Poch will know first hand what his attitude is actually like whilst we can only make assumptions. I have some reservations whether he would suit the PL, but he definitely knows where the goal is and he would bring experience to the team. Probably better than any of our current attacking players tbh, if Poch backs it I will too as he knows the player and the demands of the league

Another problem would be the club handing out low wage high bonus contracts to all and sundry, then along comes Neymar on £400k per week, to me spells more dressing room anarchy 

24 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Another problem would be the club handing out low wage high bonus contracts to all and sundry, then along comes Neymar on £400k per week, to me spells more dressing room anarchy 

The problem is Neymar is not a titan of football.Good yes but not in the same league as Messi and Ronaldo.