Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Another over rated and priced Brighton player. Personally I would not give that club the time of day after last seasons debacle of shafting a not so bright new owner, with two bob players, coaches and recruitment staff. 

Been as good as any midfielder in the league at the age of what, 21? Care to explain why he's overrated? Overpriced you could argue but I can't believe he's overrated. The guy looks to be a phenom and I honestly think he could have Kante type impact here if we get ourselves together.

2 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Been as good as any midfielder in the league at the age of what, 21? Care to explain why he's overrated? Overpriced you could argue but I can't believe he's overrated. The guy looks to be a phenom and I honestly think he could have Kante type impact here if we get ourselves together.

That’s the exactly what people were saying on the forum last summer when the club spent £60m on Cucurella 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, ROTG said:

That’s the exactly what people were saying on the forum last summer when the club spent £60m on Cucurella 

You don't like imports from foreign leagues, you don't like players who are already playing in the league, what exactly do you want? We can't have an XI made entirely of academy graduates.

1 hour ago, Bones said:

Emerson Palmieri is the first player to win these three European competitions...
✅ UEFA Champions League
✅ UEFA Europa League
✅
 UEFA Europa Conference League

Emerson is better than Cucurella: Click "agree" or "disagree" on this post to vote!

Funny that... I posted similar yesterday in the Past Players thread.  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bones said:

Emerson Palmieri is the first player to win these three European competitions...
✅ UEFA Champions League
✅ UEFA Europa League
✅
 UEFA Europa Conference League

Emerson is better than Cucurella: Click "agree" or "disagree" on this post to vote!

Don't really rate either too highly , Emerson was decidedly mediocre for us and was roundly lambasted for it on many an occasion 

and he scored for West Ham against us.

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

We can't have an XI made entirely of academy graduates.

Correct therefore spending money on another 21 year old is not the answer. 
It might be nice if the club brought a couple of say mid 20’s to lead the young squad. 

Bizarre how the dippers get a midfielder Brighton player for £35m and we want to give them in excess of £80m for his partner. 

One can only assume MacAllister is the Danny Drinkwater of Brighton and we are trying to buy Kante at an over inflated price?

10 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Correct therefore spending money on another 21 year old is not the answer. 
It might be nice if the club brought a couple of say mid 20’s to lead the young squad. 

Bizarre how the dippers get a midfielder Brighton player for £35m and we want to give them in excess of £80m for his partner. 

One can only assume MacAllister is the Danny Drinkwater of Brighton and we are trying to buy Kante at an over inflated price?

Apparently MacAllister had a buy out clause in his contract 

17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently MacAllister had a buy out clause in his contract 

and probably only wanted to go to Liverpool. No doubt ol Kloppy tapped him up months ago.

God i hate Klopp

Edited by Miguelito07
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, ROTG said:

[SNIP]

[SNIP]

Mac Allister's contract was due to expire at the end of this season. Just before the World Cup, he signed a one year extension with a £35m release clause. This was in effect player and club ensuring both got the best deal possible... B&HA get some money rather than losing him on a free, player knows club won't stand in his way with a fee not so high as to put off other clubs.

20 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Mac Allister's contract was due to expire at the end of this season. Just before the World Cup, he signed a one year extension with a £35m release clause. This was in effect player and club ensuring both got the best deal possible... B&HA get some money rather than losing him on a free, player knows club won't stand in his way with a fee not so high as to put off other clubs.

Odds of that being the level of offers coming from teams approaching the club over MM. 

4 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

You don’t want Rice? 🍚🙃

I'd have him, but not at anything like the price being mentioned.

I think he is the most overrated player I have seen in years. He's good at what he does but he's nothing special. Massive question marks over him in big games too. 

I think Caicedo is a better all round player and has the potential to reach a much higher level than Rice. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Honestly, I think that could be exactly true.

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

I'd have him, but not at anything like the price being mentioned.

I think he is the most overrated player I have seen in years. He's good at what he does but he's nothing special. Massive question marks over him in big games too. 

I think Caicedo is a better all round player and has the potential to reach a much higher level than Rice. 

He wasn't great in the final yesterday

10 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Kind of seems pointless having one with deals already being done and announced

Think of it less as the (media promoted) "transfer window" and more like the official period for registering new players.
Similar to "transfer bans" which are nothing of the sort - after all, Club A can agree with Club B to buy Player Y at ANY time - but in reality are "registration bans"

• Like 1

When is too early to get worried about our business? We have so much to do and few of the rumours are doing us any favours.

Current projection is more experience decimation and young players added = more of the same crises from last season.

Optimism about Poch aside it‘s hard to trust in our transfer strategy right now.

23 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Don’t know how reliable this guy is…

[SNIP]

I think he was the one who broke the news about us pulling out of the Ugarte deal.

As for Lavia, we tried to get him last summer (but left it far too late) and have been sniffing around ever since. There have been dozens upon dozens of rumours of us being interested since last summer, and they have only increased since the end of the season.

Joe Shields (one of our transfer gurus) was the guy who recommended Lavia to Southampton when he (Joe Shields) was at Southampton, having previously been at Man City, from whom Southampton bought Lavia.

So the rumour is based firstly on our interest last summer (when Shields was at Southampton) and now on the fact that - apart from needing midfielders if we sell/release everyone we seem to be selling/releasing - Shields is now at Chelsea, knows the player well and has spoken in glowing terms about Lavia and his potential.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

When is too early to get worried about our business? We have so much to do and few of the rumours are doing us any favours.

Current projection is more experience decimation and young players added = more of the same crises from last season.

Optimism about Poch aside it‘s hard to trust in our transfer strategy right now.

The window isn't actually open in the UK until the 14th and in Europe I think it's the 1st of July so I really wouldn't be getting too hot under the collar just yet. 

We may well be losing some experienced players but some of them are way past their sell by dates and if we're going on goals and assists really won't be overly missed and they  didn't exactly lead from the front last season anyway so quite why they'd be the catalyst for improved performances this season is hard to fathom.