Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

30 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I know 👍🏻 And very pleased I am to see you as well.

This place keeps me going Chelsea wise, I just wish something definite would happen instead of us having to discuss endless speculation.

We've been wishing for the end of the season but forgetting it leads to this. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, chara said:

Ok..perhaps I can help move things on,,has anyone heard anything about a swoop by Chelsea into MLS and an unnamed defender?

Do tell Chara……or are you just being mischievous?

5 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Personally if Kovacic wanted to stay I would 100% keep him but he wants to leave because we shafted Tuchel.

Personally I think external factors and perhaps even Tuchel himself shafted Thomas Tuchel.

5 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Thing is Mr. Moly, or can I call you Holy?

Please, just call me Moly

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Think you'd be wanting most, if not all, incomings done for that first game at the latest. Obviously will not happen, but it is what needs to be aimed for

I'd totally agree but that isn't the way agents play the game is it? The only time I can remember us being able to get a significant player in through the door at the beginning of a window was Fabregas. The window officially opens on 14 June and I don't really expect to see anything notable occuring until at least 1 July as everyone will be on holiday. We need two starters (midfielder and striker) in before we fly off to America. Any other newcomers will doubtless dribble in as we near match day one.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Personally I think external factors and perhaps even Tuchel himself shafted Thomas Tuchel.

Please, just call me Moly

Have to agree that TT certainly didn't help himself.

And....Holy..will call you Moly.

53 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I'd totally agree but that isn't the way agents play the game is it? The only time I can remember us being able to get a significant player in through the door at the beginning of a window was Fabregas. The window officially opens on 14 June and I don't really expect to see anything notable occuring until at least 1 July as everyone will be on holiday. We need two starters (midfielder and striker) in before we fly off to America. Any other newcomers will doubtless dribble in as we near match day one.

Agree..seem to remember PC dribbling in and joining Chelsea on tour out here....e'd a Chelsea mate and said that PC "looked the business"!...that was a brave call wasn't it😁

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Gentle request: could everyone stop using endless initials and type players' and members'  names? A lot don't know who you're all talking about! It's not that hard, surely?

Why is your glass always half MT?

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, chara said:

who is/was TT ?.

Don't tell me!...Tiny Tim as in 'Tip Toe through the Tulips' fame.You'd need to get up earlier in the morning to catch me out fella!.

Edited by kev61

6 hours ago, chara said:

Ok..perhaps I can help move things on,,has anyone heard anything about a swoop by Chelsea into MLS and an unnamed defender?

Yeah - Matt Miazga 

off with another coat. 

Edited by ROTG

4 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I'm looking forward more to the departures than the arrivals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Lukaku's situation is down to be spoken about after the Champions league final and by reports in Italy he still doesn't want to come back so you may be disappointed there. I'm imagining the Kebab industry in Cobham and SW6 are poised deciding whether to employ more people to cope with the demand. 

He is played as a sub at Inter and is happy with this. I dont want him back.

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

He is played as a sub at Inter and is happy with this. I dont want him back.

...... But I would like to see him come on as sub late in tonight's match and score the winning goal in 2 mins extra time 🙂

• Agree 1

Here's my sense of where we are aiming at this summer:

Primary targets

2 no.6s
Ugarte
Caicedo
Lavia
Rice

Striker
L. Martinez
Vlahovic
Oshimen

GK
Onana
Raya

If Mount goes we will try to sign Maddison or another similar type. Likewise, if we manage to get rid of all our midfielders, we will add another to the mix - perhaps another Zakaria-type loan just to add numbers.

Edited by Max Fowler

5 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Here's my sense of where we are aiming at this summer:

Primary targets

2 no.6s
Ugarte
Caicedo
Lavia
Rice

Striker
L. Martinez
Vlahovic
Oshimen

GK
Onana
Raya

If Mount goes we will try to sign Maddison or another similar type. Likewise, if we manage to get rid of all our midfielders, we will add another to the mix - perhaps another Zakaria-type loan just to add numbers.

I would have thought we would have had been linked to Maddison now, if we were planning on making that move. I would say Mount is already been replaced really, presuming Nkunku is joining.

I think Nkunku could end up the under that radar signing of the season. I was really impressed when I watched him last season. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I would have thought we would have had been linked to Maddison now, if we were planning on making that move. I would say Mount is already been replaced really, presuming Nkunku is joining.

I think Nkunku could end up the under that radar signing of the season. I was really impressed when I watched him last season. 

Again - not trusting every source but this suggests Mount and Havertz would have to leave for Maddison to join (think Simon Philips has also linked). 

Personally I am warming to Maddison with 19 and 20 Premier League goal contributions in the last two seasons. I don't think he has as much potential as Mount on the biggest stage, but the guy knows how to deliver even when others around him are not. Seems to have a real eye for a goal and assist which is exactly what we have been missing from midfield. (also quite expert at set pieces - which we also lack..)

Edited by Max Fowler

I think we’re likely to sign Lavia, as I think that will be a relatively straightforward deal to get done and then it will be one of Rice or Caicedo (I’d be delighted with either, but I do like the leadership qualities of Rice and it’s something we’re going to be lacking). 

As for a striker, I’m really unsure what will happen here. No candidate really stands out to be honest and with our track record I think we need to hope the new scouting department are working hard to uncover someone who will genuinely fit the league and style of play Poch wants to play, so we don’t end up with another square peg in a round hole.

The final position I think we’ll consider looking at is GK. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us going for someone with a lot of experience that will hold the spot for 3/4 seasons, so that Slonina can then come in and fight for number 1 spot.

We need to be careful though, we have to move some players on before anyone comes in, we can’t run the risk of bloating this squad even more.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

IMO now the only rational thing to do with a non-Haaland striker coming from Germany is wait and see / not get your hopes up.

• Agree 1

On 09/06/2023 at 18:09, ROTG said:

Absolutely they could have stayed and left on a Bosman. 

Given our wastefulness in the transfer market, i feel we could have coped with the risk as both had stepped up considerably the season after they left. 

On 09/06/2023 at 12:40, Max Fowler said:

Amazing how many fans forget that 2 years ago these players won us the Champions League for only the 2nd time. 
One of the best nights of the entire Roman era and our squad were absolutely brilliant on that run.
We were told to be patient with the owners last season and trust the process. Look where that ended up!

So Kovacic, Jorginho, Sterling are the players who are responsible for us doing so badly last season?
Not the same owners that sacked Tuchel, brought in Potter and then shafted him with a squad of 35 players he didn't want.

I am willing to trust the process but we simply need a mixed approach - it's not black or white: 

• Continue signing the best youngsters to compete over the long-term
  • Supplement with top class, experienced signings (like Nkunku) who can deliver for us in the here and now

It's early in the transfer window and let's give the owners time to deliver - although it's hard to have much confidence.
The idea that they have moved us closer to being a "top quality team" so far though is a stone cold joke.
We are banking that the owners have learned quickly from their countless mistakes and can recalibrate moving forward

Rightly or wrongly - our fans expect to win and compete right here right now and that is not going to change soon.
The fans won't be patient with Poch building a team over a number of years if we are miles away from winning.

We need to minimum be competing in and around the top four each season and right now we are lightyears away.

And they accomplished not much else worth of notice. This generation of Chelsea, starting in Lampard first season has only really brought two good things. One CL and a slight change in the clubs strategy to try and utilise at least some of what the academy produces. The rest is best forgotten. Especially some of those seniors that has been downright bloody awful. For me it’s very much a case of ripping it up and starting over.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2