Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

14 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

in the squad, then.

No  that would be Kepa. 

He's better on crosses than Kepa 

He used to be the better keeper but since he became Africa's best keeper his form has nosedived like his attitude. 

Another one we are well rid of. 

He'll be a make-weight in any deal we do with Onana if we're dumb enough to deal with Inter again. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

if only we had the guiding hands of Boehly to deliver us back-to-back trebles like we should expect.

Why should we "expect" anything? Surely that is the divine perogative of the Scum? It took St Pep of Gorgonzola seven years to develop the side that won the treble and you could argue the squad he took over was way more balanced than ours has been for the last 3 or 4 years.

• Agree 1

OK..boring OG comments on Onana/Mendy.... "On his day"...sorry...that ain't the criteria.

The real top top keepers have their "day" most games...the opposite of "On his day"  the odd "Off day"

FWIW..Onana to my eye would be a mistake in the long term...an improvement of sorts of course but my very suspect gut feeling is he lacks the inner strength of the truly greats....FWIW only.

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, chara said:

FWIW..Onana to my eye would be a mistake in the long term...an improvement of sorts of course but my very suspect gut feeling is he lacks the inner strength of the truly greats....FWIW only.

I don't think this a wonderful generation of goalkeepers, in all honesty. I'm struggling to name a world class keeper outside of Alisson. Maybe Courtois, possibly Oblak - that's probably it.

I think an improvement of sorts is pretty much all we can do.

Edited by Box of Tricks
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

I don't think this a wonderful generation of goalkeepers, in all honesty. I'm struggling to name a world class keeper outside of Alisson. Maybe Courtois, possibly Oblak - that's probably it.

I think an improvement of sorts is pretty much all we can do.

Goalkeeper is a much evolved position from the guy that permanently stood between the posts of our youth wearing a thick green jersey and a flat cap. These days they are more akin to a "rush goalie" and as such the metrics they are measured by go way beyond simply save%.

12 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Goalkeeper is a much evolved position from the guy that permanently stood between the posts of our youth wearing a thick green jersey and a flat cap. These days they are more akin to a "rush goalie" and as such the metrics they are measured by go way beyond simply save%.

I saw somewhere on twitter that Ederson has one of the worst save percentages in the PL.

Just goes to show what can be excused when the attackers are doing their bit. 

• Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Ham said:

I saw somewhere on twitter that Ederson has one of the worst save percentages in the PL.

I know a fair few Man City fans and they all, without exception moan about how weak is is as regards stopping shots and his weak hands.

26 minutes ago, east lower said:

I know a fair few Man City fans and they all, without exception moan about how weak is is as regards stopping shots and his weak hands.

You're a rare breed (Knowing a few Man city fans).

The one saving grace with them is that it's not Spurs or Arsenal. 

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Ahhh the days of good old “rush goalie”!! 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

That might be true, but there's a huge irony to this whole conversation considering how instrumental he was last night.

The guy revolutionised what being a keeper is all about with Pep - he's more of a CDM than anything else..

nasayers are stuck in the past of the good ol' fashioned goalies with hands like paving slabs

48 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Ahhh the days of good old “rush goalie”!! 

Along with speccy at RB making daisy chains, the goal hanger permanently offside chatting to their GK, and the zerg consisting of every other single player on the pitch chasing the ball around. God I miss playground football (usually with a tennis ball).

2 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Along with speccy at RB making daisy chains, the goal hanger permanently offside chatting to their GK, and the zerg consisting of every other single player on the pitch chasing the ball around. God I miss playground football (usually with a tennis ball).

Or an airflow ball, the plastic ones with holes in!

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Gary Cahill and Hernan Crespo are in Soccer Aid tonight on ITV tonight, it's on now but hasn't kicked off yet. 

I'm currently living in a football free zone until the match against Wrexham. I think my mental health requires a little toughening up before next season. Having said that there's the Ashes needs watching and that won't be a cakewalk either 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Gary Cahill and Hernan Crespo are in Soccer Aid tonight on ITV tonight, it's on now but hasn't kicked off yet. 

And people used to moan about Gary Cahill 🙄 Goodness I wish he was still with us (as he was obviously)

• Agree 1