Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

51 minutes ago, JaneB said:

And people used to moan about Gary Cahill 🙄 Goodness I wish he was still with us (as he was obviously)

Legend as far as I’m concerned. 

10 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

But to outright sell him after 12 months? I mean what did they expect him to do? 

Wouldn’t be surprised, don’t want to have a pop for the sake of it, but do we ever have a plan when we sign young players? Doesn’t ever seem like it. 

44 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Sounds sketchy that we’d sell someone of his potential under these circumstances. A loan? Yea, that’s probably very much needed for him. But to outright sell him after 12 months? I mean what did they expect him to do? 

I think those two appearances where he failed to get a double hattrick have counted against him. 

I heard it was a loan by the way, the article I saw was written entirely to suggest otherwise until right at the end when it mentioned a loan deal not permanent transfer. 

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think those two appearances where he failed to get a double hattrick have counted against him. 

I heard it was a loan by the way, the article I saw was written entirely to suggest otherwise until right at the end when it mentioned a loan deal not permanent transfer. 

Mark,,,are you suggesting that the article you refer to was deliberately misleading to lure a Chelsea supporter into reading it?

Shame on you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Onana links hotting up.

Someone here called him the next "buffoon".

I think they meant to say the next Buffon.

This is what we like to hear

Hojland looks good to me.

Edited by RDCW

29 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They can kiss our arse for an "important" fee until they refund us the "important fee" they stole from us when we "bought" Lukaku from them. 

One can only assume its money driving Onana to Chelsea, why else would anyone give up CL football next season?

I agree with you I would not do any further business with Inter until the Lukaku saga is resolved for good.

TBH I cannot see Inter wanting Lukaku next season on loan or permanently  

Edited by ROTG
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

One can only assume its money driving Onana to Chelsea, why else would anyone give up CL football next season?

I agree with you I would not do any further business with Inter until the Lukaku saga is resolved for good.

TBH I cannot see Inter wanting Lukaku next season on loan or permanently  

I have read Onana is happy but that Inter are still financially screwed and need to make some sales.

Heard that one before.

Reports suggest otherwise on Lukaku.

Edited by Max Fowler

9 minutes ago, Bones said:

Not sure what has gone wrong with Mendy - we could just stick with him.

He was in World Class form winning CL, ACON etc. Then there was this issue with his contract and his form plummeted.

Never been great with the ball at his feet.

9 minutes ago, Bones said:

He was in World Class form winning CL, ACON etc. Then there was this issue with his contract and his form plummeted.

I believe it’s called “downing tools”.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bones said:

I agree on the above - despite the giggling schoolchidren on here, Mendy was without question among the best keepers in the world (probably the best on form) when we won the CL. 

However - his distribution is so bad that IMO it's now unworkable at the top level. I partly blame Tuchel for not acknowledging this earlier and actually think Potter made the right decision bringing Kepa in. 

It's impossible to escape pressure and build from the back if your GK cannot make simple passes and throws and cracks under pressure. And keeping the ball is often the best defence - as Tuchel said. So bring in Onana I say!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Sounds like we might not get any signings until July

Given Romano has also been quite busily linking us with players, I'd not play a blind bit of attention to this. Leaving himself a nice breadcrumb trail for if nothing does happen in June, while also being able to say a deal was just "too important" or some other nonsense if we make earlier signings.

He does seem to get a lot right tbf and is one of few ITKs who I do believe is well connected and informed, just also very good at hedging bets.

Gradually growing more confident we'll get the right business done now.

One sticking point is our midfield - seems like every midfielder on our books is linked with leaving. 

I assume it might be dependent on who leaves first and who can get the right price. One or two of Gallagher, RLC, Chukwuemeka could all end up staying. We simply can't sell/loan out those three, Kovacic and Kante in one window.

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I agree on the above - despite the giggling schoolchidren on here, Mendy was without question among the best keepers in the world (probably the best on form) when we won the CL. 

However - his distribution is so bad that IMO it's now unworkable at the top level. I partly blame Tuchel for not acknowledging this earlier and actually think Potter made the right decision bringing Kepa in. 

It's impossible to escape pressure and build from the back if your GK cannot make simple passes and throws and cracks under pressure. And keeping the ball is often the best defence - as Tuchel said. So bring in Onana I say!

He stopped trying .

Giggling schoolboy comments aside , he stopped trying . 

There should be nowhere back from there , look at the horrendous performance he gave last time out , regardless of his suspect distribution you cannot employ someone who isn't that fussed to give it their all. 

Mendy was better than Kepa when Kepa was going through his crisis of confidence but the boot is truly on the other foot now 

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He stopped trying .

Giggling schoolboy comments aside , he stopped trying . 

There should be nowhere back from there , look at the horrendous performance he gave last time out , regardless of his suspect distribution you cannot employ someone who isn't that fussed to give it their all. 

Mendy was better than Kepa when Kepa was going through his crisis of confidence but the boot is truly on the other foot now 

I mean in fairness Mark I never watched him play this last season, but I struggle to believe he stopped trying.

Schoolchildren comment was aimed at those who were saying he was not one of the best at his peak.

5 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I mean in fairness Mark I never watched him play this last season, but I struggle to believe he stopped trying.

Schoolchildren comment was aimed at those who were saying he was not one of the best at his peak.

Do yourself a favour and watch the highlights of the Forest game on YouTube , he was horrendous and Kepa was straight back in next game .

If he was putting himself in the "shop window" for that game then he hurled a breeze block through it himself.

52 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Onana is medicore and such a lateral move to Kepa that spending any money on him would be incredibly daft. The only area he's an improvement in is on the ball and collecting crosses - which is a marginal improvement at best. Kepa more or less is equal in all other metrics, if not has him beat. 

There's just not enough improvement there.

Just now, xceleryx said:

Onana is medicore and such a lateral move to Kepa that spending any money on him would be incredibly daft. The only area he's an improvement in is on the ball and collecting crosses - which is a marginal improvement at best. Kepa more or less is equal in all other metrics, if not has him beat. 

There's just not enough improvement there.

His distribution was tip top in the champions league final but I'm not certain that's worth the astronomical sums that Inter want . 

I'd swap him for them cancelling our Lukaku debt but that's about it.