Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

6 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Don’t we have to sell some players before 30 June for FFP reasons first? We’ve got two weeks  left and as far as I can tell we haven’t sold anyone yet. Does anyone know the figures we need to meet? 

It seems a daft date to pick considering Europe's window doesn't open until 1st July , maybe UEFA are trying to punish City but are taking the easier option again. 

2 hours ago, DannyLB said:

I cannot understand why we're interested in Lautaro Martinez. You'd think we'd want a more focal point for our striker options and not move for a player that has played off of a #9 for years. 

One of those players who I know cannot be completely useless, the stats show that, bur has been absolutely shocking every time I have watched them.

4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

One of those players who I know cannot be completely useless, the stats show that, bur has been absolutely shocking every time I have watched them.

Lautaro is either useless or class, there's little in between.

Edited by xceleryx

On 11/06/2023 at 10:56, thevelourfog said:

Not personally bothered by the broader disagreement between you and @Max Fowler here, but I am gonna say I disagree with the bolded bit. 2012 was incredible and nothing will top it for me because it's just a better story ... Like you say, it was a team of legends beyond their best pulling out unexpected after unexpected result. But in 2021, in the CL (and indeed in every competition once Tuchel came in), we were brilliant. Much better than the 2012 side, and by some distance the best team in the CL. We won it by outplaying everyone we came up against, usually comprehensively. We might not feel as much affection for those players or that win and I'd understand why, but I don't see that what you are saying stands up to the facts.

I'd have backed that Chelsea in that period to beat anyone they came up against in Europe when it really mattered. And they did. 

The best team I ever witnessed in my life time as far as entertainment goes.

I never thought we would ever outplay the best teams in europe in my life time.

We did and that will stick in my mind for ever.

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, kev61 said:

So we sell Mount for 60 million and hope to get Rice for a lot more It's ridiculous!.

It will be, if it happens that way. Atm, it hasn't.

30 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Mount is a better player can't you see it???.

I think that they're pretty close tbh.

48 minutes ago, kev61 said:

So we sell Mount for 60 million and hope to get Rice for a lot more It's ridiculous!.

You can't just compare both players 1:1, there's an element of supply and demand. 

Rice plays a position where they're aren't many really good options that are available, most are either gambles coming from other league's, aren't as good as a whole, or are already at established clubs. Mount plays in a position where there's a greater pool of talent to pick from, so in turn becomes easier to replace. 

Edit. 

Mount's contract situation also plays a part. He's got one year remaining, while Rice has one, plus the club option of another. This means value gets retained better in Rices situation. 

Edited by xceleryx

3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

The only ones who are going to benefit from this are our bald supporters.

Also reminds me that he had an on pitch bust up with Dzeko against Porto this season and had to be held back. 

Onana might be a big lad, but my money would be on Dzeko! They breed em tough in The Balkans!

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

Rice will not come back to Chelsea for all the tea in china, especially if the club sells his best mate. Rice want CL football and other clubs with CL football are interested.

Poch might be a good coach, but i really do not think he can convince snr pros looking for CL football to come to the club unless they are mercenaries.  

24 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Rice will not come back to Chelsea for all the tea in china, especially if the club sells his best mate. Rice want CL football and other clubs with CL football are interested.

Poch might be a good coach, but i really do not think he can convince snr pros looking for CL football to come to the club unless they are mercenaries.  

I would agree Mr Gizmo - and imo we have enough throughly dislikable mercenaries as it is. 

57 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Please, no. Recipe for disaster.

Anyone who would say no to Mbappe or Neymar given our current strike force deserves a temporary account suspension on here. Unfortunately these rumours persist every year and we haven't got a cat in hell's chance of signing either.

5 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Anyone who would say no to Mbappe or Neymar given our current strike force deserves a temporary account suspension on here. Unfortunately these rumours persist every year and we haven't got a cat in hell's chance of signing either.

You ARE Jimmy Prescott!! 🤣🤣🫶🏻

14 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

So overrated like the weirdo Neymar 

I don't think Mbappe is overrated. Neymar definitely. What a wasted career in Paris. His best years behind him. Mbappe on the other hand.......