Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

4 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

You're off the hook - I was referring to comments from a few other jokers on here. 
Agree with nearly all of what you say there 😄 Although I am sorry we could never turn down Mbappe if it was ever for some unknown reason possible for us to sign him.

#bekind 

one person's joke is another person's opinion 😉

5 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

But Pep keeps revolutionising the game and is now clearly the GOAT.

Never managed anywhere where he doesn’t have unlimited funds, never managed anywhere without controversy, from paying referees to 115 charges, will never be the GOAT for those reasons imo. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

That's the point - he's stayed longer at City for a reason and will continue to stay IMO.

Not sure City have actually spent the most money under him net.

Old Pep vs Ferguson debate - Fergie worked wonders at little old Aberdeen.

But Pep keeps revolutionising the game and is now clearly the GOAT.

Why should he manage lower down. It's near impossible to do what he does at the top.

That's why noone else can match him - not money as others spend equal if not more.

This is why I caveated my comment with, why would he?

Net spend… hmm, different debate and doesn’t acknowledge how much he’s spent on players since being there, but also I’m not saying that’s an issue, if you have it then spend it (time will tell whether they had it legally or not), I just think it would be interesting to see what he could do with a weaker squad, that’s all.

Pep is a ridiculously good manager, I’m not denying that and he has changed the game and how it’s played and currently nobody can get near him. Is he better than Ferguson? I’d say no, but it’s not something we can ever prove.

7 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Never managed anywhere where he doesn’t have unlimited funds, never managed anywhere without controversy, from paying referees to 115 charges, will never be the GOAT for those reasons imo. 

Were the charges his responsibility though? Of course he has limited funds  - FFP and he's spent less than other teams.

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This is why I caveated my comment with, why would he?

Net spend… hmm, different debate and doesn’t acknowledge how much he’s spent on players since being there, but also I’m not saying that’s an issue, if you have it then spend it (time will tell whether they had it legally or not), I just think it would be interesting to see what he could do with a weaker squad, that’s all.

Pep is a ridiculously good manager, I’m not denying that and he has changed the game and how it’s played and currently nobody can get near him. Is he better than Ferguson? I’d say no, but it’s not something we can ever prove.

I think he will prove it once he overtakes him in trophies. 
It would be interesting to see how he would do with a weaker squad, that's true.

11 minutes ago, JaneB said:

#bekind 

one person's joke is another person's opinion 😉

Apologies Jane, I will try and be kind 😄 !!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

To your point - you cannot replace Guardiola. He is irreplacable.

As soon as he leaves the whole league will open up again. Mark my words.

What I said was replace "as well as is possible". Not like for like. And they obviously will.

7 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Were the charges his responsibility though? Of course he has limited funds  - FFP and he's spent less than other teams.

He feigns innocence in the press, but he has to take some responsibility, as for Citeh if they haven’t broken FFP fine, but time will tell, 115 charges suggest they may of done something wrong. 

1 minute ago, Floyd25 said:

He feigns innocence in the press, but he has to take some responsibility, as for Citeh if they haven’t broken FFP fine, but time will tell, 115 charges suggest they may of done something wrong. 

I reckon they have done things wrong but it's probably nothing to do with him.

9 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

What I said was replace "as well as is possible". Not like for like. And they obviously will.

Anyone else other than Guardiola and Premier Leagues could have easily gone elsewhere.

Even with him in charge it's so competitive.

Take him out and we might actually have a chance at the league again in 5-10 years.

43 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I caveat this next comment with a big 'but why would/should he?!', however...

I think he'd prove his ability a lot more if he were to go to a side that didn't have the most money in the league or Lionel Messi and a ready-made supporting cast. 

How good is he when he doesn't have money to throw at every problem in his team?

This is the big question. I think he is a fantastic coach but could he coach a team without world class players to win major trophies? We’ll probably never know as I don’t see him leaving City for anything other than another massively rich club.

21 minutes ago, chrisb said:

This is the big question. I think he is a fantastic coach but could he coach a team without world class players to win major trophies? We’ll probably never know as I don’t see him leaving City for anything other than another massively rich club.

As long as we asked the same questions of JM when he was in charge. Of course Pep couldn’t walk the league if he managed say Brighton - but he’d probably do a great job. Every top manager needs money to compete.

44 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Ancelotti will be cracking on a bit by then.

So what's this rumour of us dumping Lukaku on the Saudis?

37 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

No clue. r/soccer is down in protest and i have no idea how to get my information now. I refuse to get on twitter. 

I'm sure it's nonsense, apparently they have offered him £25m per year 

Absolutely no mention of the fact that we own him and they'd need to buy his contract out from us first.

Most if not all of the players they're after are free agents come July but Lukaku isn't. 

Maybe that's why TB was having meetings with the Saudis last week? 

On 12/06/2023 at 14:32, Willian Dollar Baby said:

It really is silly season. We should see if they would like Cucurella chucked in for free. 

What a “get out of jail” card that would be! For all the rumours that’s flying around I truly hope this one is true ☝️

• Agree 2

50 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

What a “get out of jail” card that would be! For all the rumours that’s flying around I truly hope this one is true ☝️

Currently four players linked to possible moves to Saudi Arabia (not counting Kante):
Koulibaly, Ziyech, Lukaku and Aubameyang

Now that really would be a 'get out of jail' card!!!

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Another one whose goalscoring record is not much to write home about.

Yeah, because he plays or Allegri who basically plays terrorist football that does zero to play to any of Valhovic's strengths. 

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Yeah, because he plays or Allegri who basically plays terrorist football that does zero to play to any of Valhovic's strengths. 

Good one if we could get him on a loan with a buy option

3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

What on Earth is terrorist football?

10 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Ancelotti will be cracking on a bit by then.

So what's this rumour of us dumping Lukaku on the Saudis?

Your Holiness,

I will not have a bad word said about Uncle Carlo. 🫶🏻🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

Good one if we could get him on a loan with a buy option

Won't happen, will likely need to be a straight up sale if any real was made.

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry?

Basically another term that's used to describe anti-football.

57 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

What on Earth is terrorist football?

See above. 

Edited by xceleryx

13 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Could offer D Forfana as part of a loan deal 

Putting tin hat on

Allegri is allergic to playing young talent unless absolutely forced into doing so, then has stones to take the credit when they perform better than the senior options he's continuously persisted with. 

Would be a awful move for DFofana, thankfully won't happen anyway.