Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Or to look at it another way, without the owners the club wouldn't be here any more and we'd all be supporting Brentford. People's memories are so short when it comes to remembering where we were when the season started. If you expected business as usual you are deluded. This was the ideal time to have the root and branch clear out we've all been crying out for for years. Yes we may have been stung overpaying but I wouldn't be surprised if in the long term the success rate of the new players isn't dissimilar to the previous regime. 

What nonsense.

We had any number of bidders and Boehly was my favourite at the time too.

Despite some denial of it - here is the root problem.

Some fans on here think Boehly has been our saviour but he has been a disaster. Chelsea are a huge brand now and we could have gone to anyone - we would never have gone bust.

Could it have been worse? Maybe - but at the moment it's hard to imagine how.

Point is not how we've overpaid - it's the scale of the change and sheer hubris Boehly has shown.

Knows absolutely nothing about football and we all have to pray that he has now got out of the way.

Yet some here seem to have developed stockholm syndrome and think he is our new lord and saviour.

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

What nonsense

I bow to your superior intellect. Clearly I didn't get the memo that everyone was allowed their own opinion as long as it agreed with yours.

Yes of course we would have been bought up by someone, maybe from the Middle East (yet another stick for the media to beat us with) but they would still have had the situation of all the experienced behind the scenes individuals disappearing with Abramovich. They would also have inherited a hopelessly disjointed and unbalanced, injury prone squad. I don't know what you were honestly expecting in year one of a new regime? That's a rhetorical question by the way, I don't want to read any more of your self opinionated hyper critical nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

What nonsense.

Some fans on here think Boehly has been our saviour but he has been a disaster. Chelsea are a huge brand now and we could have gone to anyone - we would never have gone bust.

Point is not how we've overpaid - it's the scale of the change and sheer hubris Boehly has shown.

Knows absolutely nothing about football and we all have to pray that he has now got out of the way.

Yet some here seem to have developed stockholm syndrome and think he is our new lord and saviour.

Will you stop making up narratives to suit your agenda please Max there isn't a Chelsea fan alive who believes TB was our saviour.

I've lived through bad coaches destroying a club before and Potter and his holistic view was chewed up and spat out as drivel by the players who wanted to be told what to do but were being asked how they felt instead. 

If someone thinks like I do that the clown managing the side can't get them fit or stop relying on players with absolutely no future at the club like Ziyech means  that they were more to blame than anyone it doesn't also mean they think Boehly was our saviour although in fairness he literally was seeing as he's the one who bought us from HM Gov. 

I don't understand why you are in full on "the end of the world is nigh" mode when the window isn't even open yet, nobody has signed anyone yet and running around waving your hands in the air isn't going to change that. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

What nonsense.

Apart from the last sentence, which is something of a straw man, I agree with this of course. There are not many Boehly apologists on here.

5 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Apart from the last sentence, which is something of a straw man, I agree with this of course. There are not many Boehly apologists on here.

Well I will say that some are far far too quick to blame the club when things don’t go our way on the transfer market. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I bow to your superior intellect. Clearly I didn't get the memo that everyone was allowed their own opinion as long as it agreed with yours.

Yes of course we would have been bought up by someone, maybe from the Middle East (yet another stick for the media to beat us with) but they would still have had the situation of all the experienced behind the scenes individuals disappearing with Abramovich. They would also have inherited a hopelessly disjointed and unbalanced, injury prone squad. I don't know what you were honestly expecting in year one of a new regime? That's a rhetorical question by the way, I don't want to read any more of your self opinionated hyper critical nonsense.

Don't know what more I was expecting?! Spending 600 million pounds to finish 12th?

If you think this previous season what we should have expected then you really chose the right name, Mr. Moly.
Call me old fashioned, we could have easily got Qatari money who put everything behind Tuchel.

One of our best managers ever, top three in the world and far from finished building his legacy.
That hopelessly disjointed squad that he managed to win the Champions League with and kept us competing on all fronts.

But now we are where we are - having to claim that this whole entire rebuild was necessary in the first place.
Having to claim that Roman had ran the club into the ground even though we kept winning trophies all along.

We can still be optimistic that Todd has learned from his mistakes and longer-term he can rebuild us bigger and better.
But to say this is what we should have expected? It's been an unmitigated disaster from start to finish and it can only go up. 

26 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Read the replies on this thread! Boehly apologists left, right and center!

39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Will you stop making up narratives to suit your agenda please Max there isn't a Chelsea fan alive who believes TB was our saviour.

I've lived through bad coaches destroying a club before and Potter and his holistic view was chewed up and spat out as drivel by the players who wanted to be told what to do but were being asked how they felt instead. 

If someone thinks like I do that the clown managing the side can't get them fit or stop relying on players with absolutely no future at the club like Ziyech means  that they were more to blame than anyone it doesn't also mean they think Boehly was our saviour although in fairness he literally was seeing as he's the one who bought us from HM Gov. 

I don't understand why you are in full on "the end of the world is nigh" mode when the window isn't even open yet, nobody has signed anyone yet and running around waving your hands in the air isn't going to change that. 

All I am asking for is a bit more spotlight on Boehly and less on the players, Mark.

4 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Maybe best not to confuse those of opinion that our January signings will prove to be a long term success vs being a Boehly apologist. 

It's also the pervasive idea on here that last season proved that all our players were useless anyway, they never did anything and they don't care about the club - rather than, they were dealing with impossible circumstances largely created by Boehly's bad decisions.

Hence why top clubs are going in for many of the players we are selling that apparently we all think are absolute liabilites now.

As I keep saying - good luck finding better lads than Sterling, Mount, Kovacic etc.

13 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

All I am asking for is a bit more spotlight on Boehly and less on the players, Mark.

When we found ourselves at our lowest ebb there was only one player, Kepa who raised his game, everyone else regressed. 

Why didnt the Ladies side regress too? 

They didn't have Potter and they didn't have Potter trained players dialing it in. 

Some of the players efforts were contemptible and should be called out for it not excused. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

When we found ourselves at our lowest ebb there was only one player, Kepa who raised his game, everyone else regressed. 

They didn't have Potter and they didn't have Potter trained players dialing it in. 

Some of the players efforts were contemptible and should be called out for it not excused. 

Maybe because Boehly didn't sack the ladies' elite manager, hire someone inexperienced and sign a ton of players that the new inexperienced manager didn't want? 

And there we'll go around in circles Mark, but it's fair enough - we can agree to disagree!!

2 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

This would explain why we've accepted United's bid for Mount.

Actually that explains why United think they can get away with bidding 40 million.

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Maybe because Boehly didn't sack the ladies' elite manager, hire someone inexperienced and sign a ton of players that the new inexperienced manager didn't want? 

And there we'll go around in circles Mark, but it's fair enough - we can agree to disagree!!

Hold on Max...I have followed with much interest the back and forth on this topic from all involved...very "lively" and reflecting the concerns of everyone.

My "hold on" refers to the "inexperienced manager" claim....that is patently not true.

That GP was ineffective and a disaster is not in question but he was the media next great coming and hardly inexperienced although of course in hindsight his experience was not a great help to anyone.

3 minutes ago, chara said:

Hold on Max...I have followed with much interest the back and forth on this topic from all involved...very "lively" and reflecting the concerns of everyone.

My "hold on" refers to the "inexperienced manager" claim....that is patently not true.

That GP was ineffective and a disaster is not in question but he was the media next great coming and hardly inexperienced although of course in hindsight his experience was not a great help to anyone.

Inexperienced at the elite level - he had no experience managing a top level club - never even attended a CL game before.

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I’d have offered them settlements just to get them out and off the books.

8 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

It's also the pervasive idea on here that last season proved that all our players were useless anyway, they never did anything and they don't care about the club - rather than, they were dealing with impossible circumstances largely created by Boehly's bad decisions.

Hence why top clubs are going in for many of the players we are selling that apparently we all think are absolute liabilites now.

As I keep saying - good luck finding better lads than Sterling, Mount, Kovacic etc.

Again, nobody here is saying these things you are using to argue against. 

We have some excellent players but we also have some players that have not lived up to their promise and their price tag, there's a reason that we haven't got near the league title for years and it's because some of the players aren't good enough and many don't want to be here so aren't bothered. 

In isolation some of the players are still good players like Havertz and Kova for example but they're not good enough together if you want to win the league. So I'm sure if Havertz does go to Arsenal he'll do well surrounded by their young quick midfield and with the players they have Kova will do brilliantly at City because anyone with his skill set would. That doesn't mean they'd be any better than they have been so far fo us. 

Inexperienced at the elite level - he had no experience managing a top level club - never even attended a CL game before.

That still avoids the issue...I agree about the top level point but he was lauded for his Brighton stint,,in the EPL...rightly or wrongly... so not inexperienced in the league or playing as a coach against top sides.

Sorry..not attending a CL is hardly relevant....no one claimed he had never watched a CL game.

Not an issue to go to battle on and I am following the debate with interest.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Again, nobody here is saying these things you are using to argue against. 

We have some excellent players but we also have some players that have not lived up to their promise and their price tag, there's a reason that we haven't got near the league title for years and it's because some of the players aren't good enough and many don't want to be here so aren't bothered. 

In isolation some of the players are still good players like Havertz and Kova for example but they're not good enough together if you want to win the league. So I'm sure if Havertz does go to Arsenal he'll do well surrounded by their young quick midfield and with the players they have Kova will do brilliantly at City because anyone with his skill set would. That doesn't mean they'd be any better than they have been so far fo us. 

Havertz and Mount may not have been destined to become all-time Chelsea greats.

But they are some of our current best players Mark, and now we're going down a level in terms of quality.

Lavia, now we're being linked to Onana from Everton.

We needed to build on our best players and add to them to take us to the next level.

Instead we are being forced to sell our best players and signing worse ones to replace them.

Havertz and Mount may not have been destined to become all-time Chelsea greats.

But they are some of our current best players Mark, and now we're going down a level in terms of quality.

Lavia, now we're being linked to Onana from Everton.

We needed to build on our best players and add to them to take us to the next level.

Instead we are being forced to sell our best players and signing worse ones to replace them.

What do we do when Mount doesn't want to stay? Force him? 

He's already died his hair blond as a better base for the red of United. 

None of this appears to be Boehly's fault. 

Mark..perhaps you and I could (should) start our own publicity/media company and print as much rubbish and false information couched as "insider" knowledge as the oft quoted usual suspects.

Probably take us an hour every couple of days...choose a name/club...use "maybe
 "understood" "said to be" and my favourite at the minute  "people close to the player"

😁😄

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What do we do when Mount doesn't want to stay? Force him? 

He's already died his hair blond as a better base for the red of United. 

None of this appears to be Boehly's fault. 

We don't get into a situation where our best players want to leave.

7 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Not true at all. Where are you getting this from?

If they want to leave we are forced to sell, but we also need money from somewhere before the end of June.

Lavia is a downgrade on Kovacic - let's see if we really upgrade Mount and Havertz.

Maddison was mooted as a replacement, I don't think he's an upgrade.

We don't get into a situation where our best players want to leave.

If they want to leave we are forced to sell, but we also need money from somewhere before the end of June.

Lavia is a downgrade on Kovacic - let's see if we really upgrade Mount and Havertz.

Maddison was mooted as a replacement, I don't think he's an upgrade.

We're not "forced to sell Mount due to FFP" though, are we? Same with Kova.