The past players and staff thread

xceleryx

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

He was also injured at Chelsea for what felt like  eighteen months and ran his contract down , nobody has ever and I mean ever disputed what a good player he is but the club felt given his apparent on going injuries and the amount of wages he wanted that it wasn't a good risk . 

We should be thankful we got good service for him and happy his lifestyle choice is prolonging his career not constantly sniping at the club for the very valid reasons they let him go .

10 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Kante is really obviously still absolutely brilliant every time he takes to the pitch. I don't know that I have ever seen anyone here or elsewhere say differently.

For all the things I can slate the club and these owners for, not renewing his deal when he basically could never take to the pitch for us is not one of them. I feel pretty confident we'd be sat here bashing them for paying £300k a week to someone who was rarely available to play. 

Brilliant performances and adequate fitness over a few weeks for a team that doesn't pay you says nothing about the wisdom or potential lack thereof of letting Kante go.

In some ways I think he's embarrassed himself. Wtf is he doing in Saudi Arabia if he can still do this.

some common sense.

It's getting a bit weird, again. 

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

some common sense.

It's getting a bit weird, again. 

Agree...seems no matter how hard we try at times invariably common sense takes over and the Forum justifies the Intelligent title...... and that's after a great deal of hard work to the contrary from an OG and the "Usual Suspects"

😄😉:classic_cool:

• 1 month later...