The past players and staff thread

xceleryx

3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

No idea, I'm not Maresca so cannot say for sure who he would've played - and nor can you. Maybe Gallagher would've picked up more minutes, maybe he wouldn't have. 

As for Veiga, he's also a midfielder so not really unusual for him to have also played there. 

I think it's safe to say a midfielder currently excelling for a Champions League club would get plenty of minutes for us if they were here. 

With Lavia perpetually injured and Enzo already moving about the pitch as if he's played 1000 games this season, Gallagher would have been a mainstay in the 11.

The Cat..still strong in so many memories.

Today is our Wedding Anniversary,,,unrelated?,,, as I have mentioned in the past Mrs C is friends with some of Peter's family and all the years we have been married she has always found the opportunity to mentioned she met my hero at a family wedding,,,completely trumps my "Good game Peter" on a staircase at a train station in B'ham,,,the players mingling with the fans on the way to catch the same train as the team...and a Chelsea unity  comment at the Hendon Hall Hotel in '66 as the England team left the hotel (JC with his potty!)

26 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Peter was my absolute hero growing up even though I was very young when he was in his pomp. Never got the accolades he should of because of the World Cup. 

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Just a magnificent keeper. Unbelievable servant. I feel lucky to have seen him play so many times back in the 70s.

Says it all,

• Love 1

On 01/10/2024 at 20:32, johnnybozo said:

Might be for offtopic but I'll let mods decide. Going through stuff for purchasing my first home and found my old manila folder that I stored all my Chelsea stuff from when I was little. Particularly proud of Zola's hooves which I think are meant to be knees !

Yes you're allowed to roast 7 year old me.

IMG_20241001_181800.jpg

IMG_20241001_181751.jpg

IMG_20241001_181743.jpg

IMG_20241001_181737.jpg

IMG_20241001_181733.jpg

"Ian Franco Zola" has completely done me.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1