The past players and staff thread

xceleryx

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Come on.  Don't pretend that your main role on here hasn't been WUM for a number of years. 

Do yourself a favour Ham and change the narrative about me.

I debate stuff to keep the forum interesting or should I keep to the script,that there is nothing wrong with the squad, all referees are bent and VAR has it in for us along with the premier league and sky?

Stop, otherwise, I'll start warning/banning people.

The last few days we have had too many personal digs and too much of what I can only describe as trolling. It's hard enough to build up a community like this anymore, let alone when people come to the forums to see pages and pages of the same people posting the same messages repeatedly.

If you're unsure what the guidelines are for posting here, have a look here to remind yourself: https://www.cfcnet.uk/guidelines/

A few points I think need highlighting based on recent weeks:

• No religious or political posts are allowed. 
  • Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed. 
  • Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. 

The moderators reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close topics they feel do not follow the rules, without notification. 

They also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Ok 
I will stay away  

No..don't do that..all "voices" should be heard BUT...maybe..and I ask politely,,,and not just to you...maybe read the room a little more carefully ?

I want to read as many different views on any subject just because this is OUR forum but when that "Glazed" feeling begins to develop because an argument has become a boring circular affair it is perhaps time for some withdrawal and rest!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He was a brilliant player, probably underrated by a lot of fans outside of Chelsea (and some within). I was there for his hat trick vs Blackburn in a 4-0 win, what a player.

Agree with Sam...And others....I often wish we had someone who could provide that rare difference in and around the box.....great player and remember him appearing for Iceland in the Euros I thinkat a very late stage in his career and how much of a warm glow that gave me.

Edited by chara
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, chara said:

Agree with Sam...And others....I often wish we had someone who could provide that rare difference in and around the box.....great player and remember him appearing for Iceland in the Euros I thinkat a very late stage in his career and how much of a warm glow that gave me.

And on the Legends video he said: “I love this club and everything about it”. How we could do with some of that from some of the current squad. Maybe we will (I doubt it though). 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And the thing about him is that when he lost that yard of pace he had he was brilliant just in front of the midfield too. He understood the game and not all of them do. 

Spot on Mark

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I know . Sad but true .

I scoff but for many years I always twisted the bezel on my watches to 25 past the hour for Zola. 

I credit myself for a lot of the good times from about 1996 to 2003. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I scoff but for many years I always twisted the bezel on my watches to 25 past the hour for Zola. 

I credit myself for a lot of the good times from about 1996 to 2003. 

My Liverpool supporting boss can never remember my extension number and I always say 22 Eidur Gudjohnsen! 

• Haha 2

Happy to see Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi doing well this week. Three goals in his last three for CHO. 

These are two players I remain convinced were more than good enough to play for us and likely would have saved us a 100m wasted on players not as good as them.

If we had RLC and CHO right now instead of Lavia and Mudryk we would be significantly better off. You can't convince me otherwise.

18 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He was a brilliant player, probably underrated by a lot of fans outside of Chelsea (and some within). I was there for his hat trick vs Blackburn in a 4-0 win, what a player.

I liked him too, technically excellent and a good football brain though never quite as prolific for a No.9 role.  His versatility meant he lasted past Ranieri well into the Mourinho period.

This is the match, poor quality video  yet note it is also the match where Robben makes his debut.

Edited by jasonb
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bison said:

If we had RLC and CHO right now instead of Lavia and Mudryk we would be significantly better off. You can't convince me otherwise.

We weren't any better off for having Loftus-Cheek here last season, and Hudson-Odoi couldn't even make it into the squad. 

Fair play to both, but they were both here years longer than they should have been and demonstrated over a very long body of evidence they had little to nothing to offer us.

That we've signed some stinkers doesn't really change that.

• Agree 1