European Leagues + Scottish Professional Football League

JaneB

Does the SPFL count in this topic?  If so, that overhyped, overwrought, overrated wally that is Neil Warnock has jacked in the Aberdeen job.  No doubts his mates and apologists will make excuses for him, but why does his name always appear when a  managerial vacancy becomes available? The bloke is a dinosaur, and should be extinct just like them.  Woe betide any club who decides to employ him.

• JaneB changed the title to European Leagues + SPFL
  • 2 months later...
  • JaneB changed the title to European Leagues + Scottish Professional Football League
22 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think he won four games last season. And they say we're letting our standards slip with Maresca !

What do you expect him to do. He has a squad full of players who are not really PL level players.  They signed a young Italian who was playing well then did a serious injury and missed most of the season (Koleosho) then Lyle Foster looked a useful forward , but had mental health issues and was out of the game for a couple of months. They struggled massively early on as they were out of their depth, then got to grips with things and improved 2nd half of the season, but still not good enough. Ain’t no manager keeping that squad up, let alone without two of the clubs best players missing large chunks of the season. 

You only have to listen to the guy to see he is a smart individual. I am a little surprised Bayern have gone for him now to be honest, cos they are such a giant and political club, but I  would have welcomed him here cos I think he will be a very good manager. 

To change the whole direction of a club that has functioned a certain way under one manger for a decade, and to do that within weeks of taking over and have them walk the Championship is no mean achievement. 

His achievement with Burnley at champ level outstrips what Maresca did at Leicester and comfortably . That’s not saying he is a better manager as such, but I find it odd the way some view and compare scenarios. 

14 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

The Bayern Munich top brass must have been under the influence of drink or drugs to pick him as their new head coach.  That's another season with no Bundesliga title

I wouldn’t be betting against them. 

17 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Mbappe getting an £85m signing on fee with Real Madrid and a 5 year contract worth £12.8m a year after tax. 🤯

Let's be honest, they need someone to help them win the Champions league. 

Oh. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Mbappe getting an £85m signing on fee with Real Madrid and a 5 year contract worth £12.8m a year after tax. 🤯

Obscene 😡 No one needs or deserves that sort of money 😡

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Hmm..agree,,but.had I 'd been as good as I wanted to be (but never came close!) but still am 😁in my day dreams I would certainly have expected that sort of reward!