Squad Status: 2022/23 Season

My Blood Is Blue

50 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He bloody well isn't.

CHO is so bad his loan club ***ked him off before the season ended 

Are you the clubs new coach?

42 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Indeed. Watched a couple Leverkusen games on Kayo earlier in the season to see how he was fairing and he was awful. 

Rinse and repeat narrative on another academy player. 

Earlier today read a media "report" claiming sloppy training attendance, application and behaviour generally from the squad...no names of course.

A question.or two..only that, not an opinion.

Why did Arsenal basically kick out their captain and regular goal scorer?...that is not the question.

Does anyone think there is a connection between the two issues I have touched upon?

Anyone think the lowering of standards is part of the Mount impasse and the apparent pile up of injuries?

Just questions....anyone?,

14 minutes ago, chara said:

Earlier today read a media "report" claiming sloppy training attendance, application and behaviour generally from the squad...no names of course.

A question.or two..only that, not an opinion.

Why did Arsenal basically kick out their captain and regular goal scorer?...that is not the question.

Does anyone think there is a connection between the two issues I have touched upon?

Anyone think the lowering of standards is part of the Mount impasse and the apparent pile up of injuries?

Just questions....anyone?,

Are you eluding towards Aubameyang being a problem behind the scenes? Personally, I don't get that current vibe from him if so. With the media attention we've had this season I doubt something like that would've gone under the radar for so long. By all means he checked out month ago, but that happens when the manager you signed for is sacked days after signing and the new one puts you on ice for much of the season. 

As for Mount's situation, I find it hard to believe the lowering of standards is part of the impasse when his own personal form hasn't sniffed what it should be either. Would be quite the self-righteous stance to take. He's got the ability, and has the platform more importantly, to set the standard and has instead opted to dick about with his future for a couple seasons. 

I think it's just a combination of several factors overall. Players like Pulisic and Ziyech who've been unhappy for the last 12-24 months should've been let go there and then, instead we've retained them and they've remained on the fringes of the side. We've had an awful lead up into the season with the sanctions, the frantic summer window trying to play catch-up just to hold our position, the inept pre-season, and then key players and alike dropping like flies with injuries. With the cake iced by sacking a more demanding manager and hiring one at the complete opposite end of the spectrum. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, chara said:

Have a feeling this has come from someone on the current coach staff.

the father of one of the coaches working with Frank told me the coaching team could not believe the of the attitude of the squad and it’s not just the senior players and it’s rotten to the core. 

18 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Have a feeling this has come from someone on the current coach staff.

the father of one of the coaches working with Frank told me the coaching team could not believe the of the attitude of the squad and it’s not just the senior players and it’s rotten to the core. 

I would love to know how/when this started.

It’s quite possible it was triggered during the sanctions as we know the club had to essentially stop doing anything other than train and play, which I presume would have meant many of the staff weren’t around the building and those ‘added extras’ the players are used to may not have been there as well as missing their friends and colleagues, which would have had an impact. The uncertainty during that time also wouldn’t have helped the cause and I imagine the feeling around the players wasn’t great at all and let’s not forget, they were then sent on a ridiculous road trip around the US in the summer.

Its also possible it started when the owners sacked Tuchel, someone that would have worked the players hard, told them some home truths but also shown them the love at the right time and then put Potter in place, someone who it seemed just wanted to be liked by everyone and didn’t push the players as a top level coach normally would, allowing for them to switch off and effort to drop.

Who knows, but it’s definitely clear from performances, body language and stories coming out that something really is not right at our club at the moment.

If Poch is next, his first task is to find the root to these issues and get them resolved asap, as until that’s done, we’re not going to be seeing much improvement.

• Like 1