Injury News

My Blood Is Blue

12 hours ago, Ham said:

RJ posted some cryptic stuff today suggesting that he IS in fact fit. 

Are we messing with L'arse?

I'd be a bit pissed off if I were Gusto.  A very dodgy sending off, misses 3 games, and when he is back from suspension James rolls up and says he is fit.
Football can be tough

7 hours ago, Dwmh said:

I'd be a bit pissed off if I were Gusto.  A very dodgy sending off, misses 3 games, and when he is back from suspension James rolls up and says he is fit.
Football can be tough

For all the plaudits Gusto gets as an RJ replacement, I've not been that impressed. Seems nothing more than an adequate RB/RWB. 

RJ is the benchmark when truly fit. Gusto isn't in the same league. 

31 minutes ago, Ham said:

For all the plaudits Gusto gets as an RJ replacement, I've not been that impressed. Seems nothing more than an adequate RB/RWB. 

Sure, making it all the more frustrating for the poor guy - chances won't come along often.

On 20/10/2023 at 05:24, Ham said:

Harsh on Gusto who is 20 and only a few months into his Chelsea career, I think he's been excellent all things considered, with plenty of room to grow further.

Obviously a fully fit RJ is a tier above at this point in time, but he's also not been a dependable player for a couple of years now. Unless that changes, it doesn't really matter how talented he may be if he's spending the majority of the season on the treatment table.  

Should RJ find his fitness I'll be curious to see just how much impact he'll have moving forward though, given we've moved away somewhat from our fullback/wingbacks being the focal point driving the team. Maybe the reduced workload will work in his favour. 

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Rotate Palmer, Nkunku, Jackson, Broja, Sterling, Mudryk and Madueke as a front three. I don't see why we should not play most of them in each game.

Exactly. 5 available subs, at least three of those should be attackers. We just haven't had those options.

Also Chuk to come back

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Rotate Palmer, Nkunku, Jackson, Broja, Sterling, Mudryk and Madueke as a front three. I don't see why we should not play most of them in each game.

Personally not convinced Broja, Madueke and Mudryk are up to it. Jackson too but we have limited other options.

Our first choice attackers right now should be Palmer, Nkunku, Sterling. Add the fourth based on who deserves it.

You wonder if Nkunku can get the best out of Jackson like in preseason.

Actually I think the defences are too good in the PL and Jackson doesn't work in tight spaces.

This is great to see though - I have a feeling Nkunku is going to pop if he just stays fit!!!!

23 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Personally not convinced Broja, Madueke and Mudryk are up to it. Jackson too but we have limited other options.

Our first choice attackers right now should be Palmer, Nkunku, Sterling. Add the fourth based on who deserves it.

You wonder if Nkunku can get the best out of Jackson like in preseason.

Actually I think the defences are too good in the PL and Jackson doesn't work in tight spaces.

This is great to see though - I have a feeling Nkunku is going to pop if he just stays fit!!!!

Yep, I agree, I think in the tougher matches we go those 3 starting and in the easier games (although we don't have many of them these days) you start Jackon ahead of them and 2 CMs... Enzo or Gallagher dropping out. To be honest, it's finally a nice problem to have!

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...