Injury News

My Blood Is Blue

On 22/11/2023 at 19:25, Sciatika said:

I keep wondering what is wrong with Enzo's finger. He always seems to have that tightly bound.

I'd presume he's taping up a ring. 

Quite common in a lot of sports at all levels, have even done it myself when I played. Refs usually gave you two choices, tape it or remove it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

I'd presume he's taping up a ring. 

Quite common in a lot of sports at all levels, have even done it myself when I played. Refs usually gave you two choices, tape it or remove it. 

And he is always thowing away the plaster on to the pitch rather than waiting till he is off and binning it.

3 hours ago, Bison said:

I wonder if they rushed Chukwuemeka back from injury which has caused a set back? It's a real shame he's been out for so long. He offers the ability to drive with the ball through midfield, something we lack.

Yeah, agreed and he looked like he was set to get a decent run before the injury. Sadly for him, getting back into this side could be very difficult after the injury. 

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, agreed and he looked like he was set to get a decent run before the injury. Sadly for him, getting back into this side could be very difficult after the injury. 

Yeah, it felt like he was just establishing himself. The injury couldn't come at a worse time for him personally.

When Lavia and Chukwuemeka are back we'll have a lot of options.

Crazy to think Gallagher is the old man in midfield at 23 years old. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, we'll need a deeper squad over the busy Xmas period

??? Christmas is 5 games over 15 days, which is normal for most 15 day periods in most seasons.  Only one of the games is a tough team and that is the LC game.

I guess our fears are acclimatising to our new level rapidly

After Dec 30 we have 1 game in a month (plus i guess the cup game).

Of course last time our calendar was so bare Conte won the prem and we reached a cup final.

2 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Thought the Trev thing was put to bed after Bayern cooled their interest due to his injury not having him fit until after January? 

You seriously think BM wanted Chalobah?
That sounds as silly as Poch and Madueke not getting on at Spurs when Madueke left at 16.  They would have barely met, I doubt either knows how to pronounce the other's name.

4 hours ago, Dwmh said:

You seriously think BM wanted Chalobah?
That sounds as silly as Poch and Madueke not getting on at Spurs when Madueke left at 16.  They would have barely met, I doubt either knows how to pronounce the other's name.

They've wanted a CB for awhile because of injuries, even going as far as exploring bringing Boating back until it caused a bit of an uproar (assaulted ex-girlfriend). Tuchel also knows Chalobah, and links have been there for some time now. 

Either way, the larger point was to indicate that Trev is actually injured and not being frozen out. 

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Either way, the larger point was to indicate that Trev is actually injured and not being frozen out. 

Funnily enough though , he wasn't injured , was being touted for sale to balance the books and was "suddenly" injured with what appears to be a hamstring injury that seeing as he's been out since forever suggests it's the most serious hamstring pull in history 

16 hours ago, Dwmh said:

??? Christmas is 5 games over 15 days, which is normal for most 15 day periods in most seasons.  Only one of the games is a tough team and that is the LC game.

Sure, and we have 10 players missing tonight. We will need some of those back.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Funnily enough though , he wasn't injured , was being touted for sale to balance the books and was "suddenly" injured with what appears to be a hamstring injury that seeing as he's been out since forever suggests it's the most serious hamstring pull in history 

I must have imagined that hamstring injury vs Fulham in pre-season then. Then the confirmation that he aggravated it in training around the same time when Reece James did likewise himself. 

Hamstrings are complicated, ever done one? I have, took months to heal properly after having come back too early and redoing it again. Ross Barkley missed virtually the entire season that year he joined us from Everton, only playing a handful of times before breaking down with it again. There's other examples out there. 

20 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

I must have imagined that hamstring injury vs Fulham in pre-season then. Then the confirmation that he aggravated it in training around the same time when Reece James did likewise himself. 

Hamstrings are complicated, ever done one? I have, took months to heal properly after having come back too early and redoing it again. Ross Barkley missed virtually the entire season that year he joined us from Everton, only playing a handful of times before breaking down with it again. There's other examples out there. 

I stand corrected then.