Injury News

My Blood Is Blue

5 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

We can't move forward with James the way he is. Imho, we should try one last thing by giving him the rest of the season off. Order him not to do any gym work whatsoever, just relax, do some walking, jogging and swimming and see how he fairs next season. 

I've heard there is a surgery he can get? The medical team and Reece in the past have turned it down. Perhaps now is the final straw and to go get it done. Whatever they do, we can't rely on him, we have to treat Gusto as our #1 RB now and hope he isn't a melting candle wick otherwise we're buggered.

19 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I am sick of journos, fans etc. mourning Reece getting injured. We literally know he is going to get injuries all season every season now. We should be well past complaining and into planning phase - any kind of sustained return to action would be a complete shock.

We should rule him out for the remaining of the season. Any recovery and fit for fight would be a bonus.

10 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sell him, he’s clearly never going to be fit for any length of time. Instead, they’ll sell Gallagher. 

£250k pw and has 3499 league minutes over the last three seasons so far, the equivalent of 38 league matches.

Why would anyone be interested in signing Reece James at this point? 

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

£250k pw and has 3499 league minutes over the last three seasons so far, the equivalent of 38 league matches.

I think there would still be suitors for him. Madrid have been mentioned in the past. A league which is physically easier and playing for a team than dominate a large chunk of their matches, where he would be less relied upon. He would likely be less relied upon too, so it would be an easier option to rest him. Reece being so pivotal to Chelsea does mean we are looking to try and play him for the majority of games when we can. 

Also, the warmer climate could see some benefits for his body in recovering and maybe even preventing some of the niggling issues he has had in recent seasons.

I’m almost at the stage where I think for his  career he  probably needs to try a move like this. His body just does not seem up to coping with the pace and physical demands of the PL. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

The only reason the club will sell him is for profit he is a positive asset on the field when fit.
Surly the likes of Cucurella are way ahead of him in being for being punted. 

52 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I think there would still be suitors for him. Madrid have been mentioned in the past. A league which is physically easier and playing for a team than dominate a large chunk of their matches, where he would be less relied upon. He would likely be less relied upon too, so it would be an easier option to rest him. Reece being so pivotal to Chelsea does mean we are looking to try and play him for the majority of games when we can. 

Also, the warmer climate could see some benefits for his body in recovering and maybe even preventing some of the niggling issues he has had in recent seasons.

I’m almost at the stage where I think for his  career he  probably needs to try a move like this. His body just does not seem up to coping with the pace and physical demands of the PL. 

Maybe, but it's not as if James is playing enough as is for the intensity of the Premier League to be causing a problem right now either. Even if you look at the moments where he's picked up an issue, they're all fairly routine that would happen whether he was playing in Spain, Italy or elsewhere. Heck, the bloke can't even get through training. 

He's entering that sort of Wilshere and Diaby territory if things carry on as they are. 

11 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The only reason the club will sell him is for profit he is a positive asset on the field when fit.
Surly the likes of Cucurella are way ahead of him in being for being punted. 

He'll be sold because he can't stay fit to be useful enough or relied upon, be that as a starter or as a backup. Not that I think he will, or that we should, but his fitness is going to ultimately determine his future here and nothing else. 

If he's fit he'll play out his contract, if not most or all of his career here. 

Newcastle have less injuries than us and yet MOTD made a point on multiple occasions about injuries, even though they were playing against 10 men. 

Not one single mention of a Chelsea injury, despite it's having more.

It's all bollocks.  It really is. 

Stronger agendas on the BEEB than on CFCNet.

What were the odds?

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Newcastle have less injuries than us and yet MOTD made a point on multiple occasions about injuries, even though they were playing against 10 men. 

What were the odds?

Since Roman bought us they've not had a kind word for us so I stopped watching. They do really like Newcastle , Arsenal , Leicester and Liverpool . I wonder why?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ham said:

What were the odds?

Its the calibre of the players injured not quantity 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

Does anyone know what is going on with Lavia and Chuka? Two seemingly simple injuries and we haven't seen either for several months. Where's this new fangled Yankee medical science that was spouted?

Same with Trev been absent for absolutely ages with a hamstring injury. 

• Like 2