Injury News

My Blood Is Blue

17 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

Does anyone know what is going on with Lavia and Chuka? Two seemingly simple injuries and we haven't seen either for several months. Where's this new fangled Yankee medical science that was spouted?

Makes you wonder given all the other players that ran for the door and seem to be fully fit now.
Kante has had 14 starts - he has even scored!!!

Is there anyone we sold recently that has any injury issues of more than a few games this season?
(I'm putting Mount down with a relapse of don'twannaplayitis  from last season.)

• Like 3

On 18/12/2023 at 20:13, Dwmh said:

Makes you wonder given all the other players that ran for the door and seem to be fully fit now.

Is there anyone we sold recently that has any injury issues of more than a few games this season?
(I'm putting Mount down with a relapse of don'twannaplayitis  from last season.)

Pulisic, the man with Swiss cheese for hamstrings has started 20 games on the trot without even a niggle!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

The warmer climate and less physical demands of the Italian "walking football" league I'd imagine. 

Yup, much like Robben. Amazing for 10-12 matches per season for us, ends up at Bayern where his hammies get a Winter break and voila, world class.

On 19/12/2023 at 05:49, bertles86 said:

Does anyone know what is going on with Lavia and Chuka? Two seemingly simple injuries and we haven't seen either for several months. Where's this new fangled Yankee medical science that was spouted?

Lavia recently returned to training and is said be building up his fitness, think Poch spoke the other day saying he's about one week to 10 days away. 

Chukwumeka had a setback IIRC after returning to training a little while ago and not trained since, don't think he's expected back until after the new year. 

On 19/12/2023 at 05:55, Mark Kelly said:

Same with Trev been absent for absolutely ages with a hamstring injury. 

Suffered a setback in training back in October, hasn't returned to training since. Believe early Feb was earmarked as a possibly return date, whether that's just to training or for selection I don't know. 

On 19/12/2023 at 06:13, Dwmh said:

Kante in fairness plays in a two-bit league that operates at a fraction of the pace and intensity of the Premier League. 

6 hours ago, bertles86 said:

Pulisic, the man with Swiss cheese for hamstrings has started 20 games on the trot without even a niggle!

He came off injured vs Napoli, then again a few days later in the Champions League match, seeing him then miss the two next league matches around the Oct/Nov period. Definitely hasn't been niggle free, much less started 20 games on the trot. Also doesn't complete 90 minutes very often, despite now playing in a slower less demanding league. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xceleryx said:

He came off injured vs Napoli, then again a few days later in the Champions League match, seeing him then miss the two next league matches around the Oct/Nov period. Definitely hasn't been niggle free, much less started 20 games on the trot. Also doesn't complete 90 minutes very often, despite now playing in a slower less demanding league. 

CL isn't less demanding.

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Never said it was, I specifically said the league and that's very visible to see. 

So Pulisic is also playing CL every game.

Not sure why I am replying to this though, I pointed out that all our players that left have suddenly found full fitness, @bertles86 added Pulisic's amazing run of games, and your response is lower leagues (for some).

The point remains - they are fully fit and playing.

Why would he go to Finland for a hamstring injury when he does that so well here? Personally, I think he is off to ask Santa for a wish. Someone should tell him that Santa has moved to Norway.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Why would he go to Finland for a hamstring injury when he does that so well here? Personally, I think he is off to ask Santa for a wish. Someone should tell him that Santa has moved to Norway.

Should say "surgery" I'm leaving it for the lol's 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25129163/reece-james-euro-2024-chelsea-finland-surgery/

3-4 months out. So that’s it for the season. Again. 

Believe it's the same guy that did Osumane Dembele's hamstring op, who has since managed to stay fit without further issues so that hopefully bodes well for James. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ham said:

Enzo out of the Wolves game with a hernia.  Might explain why the last few games haven't been his best. 

Was mentioned after the Newcastle game and probably part of why he came off early, not a surprise he's set to miss the Wolves match and possibly more. Hopefully something that won't keep him out for too long. 

Rough that whenever we get one or two players back, we lose one or two in return.