Injury News

My Blood Is Blue

Christopher Nkunku still not available for Chelsea as Pochettino is "worried"

"I'm a little bit worried about Christopher Nkunku... we don't know what's gonna happen as of today".

"Of course I am worried because, still now, it's ten days he cannot train... and so we are assessing him".

"After six months that we were waiting. Now being so close to being comfortable again... disappointed".

"We really want Nkunku back as soon as possible".

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I do wonder if he'll ever actually get to play for us properly. It doesn't even sound like Poch knows what the injury is!

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

That is far too high brow for this forum

You mean Rubens did floors, too? Must get him round, we need the skirting touching up, too.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Christopher Nkunku still not available for Chelsea as Pochettino is "worried"

"I'm a little bit worried about Christopher Nkunku... we don't know what's gonna happen as of today".

"Of course I am worried because, still now, it's ten days he cannot train... and so we are assessing him".

"After six months that we were waiting. Now being so close to being comfortable again... disappointed".

"We really want Nkunku back as soon as possible".

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I do wonder if he'll ever actually get to play for us properly. It doesn't even sound like Poch knows what the injury is!

Our entire season was based around Nkunku coming back from injury,  Broja stepping up, and Jackson fulfilling his preseason promise. 

All just pie in the sky as it turned out.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Our entire season was based around Nkunku coming back from injury,  Broja stepping up, and Jackson fulfilling his preseason promise. 

All just pie in the sky as it turned out.

I think that's his Chelsea career over and done with , from memory he was a tad reticent to commit when we signed him , he's probably looked at the shit-show that is Chelsea under Clearlake's 100 point season plan and tactician in chief Fat Mo and thought " Non". 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think that's his Chelsea career over and done with , from memory he was a tad reticent to commit when we signed him , he's probably looked at the shit-show that is Chelsea under Clearlake's 100 point season plan and tactician in chief Fat Mo and thought " Non". 

If anything, we should be disappointed with him, not the other way around. 

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

If anything, we should be disappointed with him, not the other way around. 

I don't think we've seen enough of him to be disappointed yet ,  maybe after four games /  summer whichever comes sooner .

Summer I expect 

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't think we've seen enough of him to be disappointed yet ,  maybe after four games /  summer whichever comes sooner .

Summer I expect 

I mean in his inability to stay fit. 

Edited by Ham

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

That is far too high brow for this forum

Excellent. 

How so ?...my question is which Banqueting House?...the one in Croydon or the one in Hammersmith?

What about the sandwich he invented especially..I think.. for a past player?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I think the picture was the Peace of James, presumably a reference to that part of Reece that was operated on. 

Oh my...Sciatika  a voice I respect and always look for  and my one hope for sanity and common sense on here has been corrupted by the evil pun ways of "others",,YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ham said:

I mean in his inability to stay fit. 

A little harsh IMO.

No one is saying boo about Haaland having complications with his current recovery. 

This shit happens, and I think many of us commoners disregard just difficult it can be to go from not playing for a period of time, then jumping back into one of the most physically demanding leagues. It's no great surprise that many players tend to end up with tweaking their prior injury or picking up other niggles soon after. 

46 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

No one is saying boo about Haaland having complications with his current recovery. 

probably because he missed just 3 PL games in his first season, is 3 years younger, and even this season has played 22 games and knocked in 19 goals already.
Only 3 Chelsea players can match that this season 

(match the appearances obviously, not the goals)

2 hours ago, Dwmh said:

probably because he missed just 3 PL games in his first season, is 3 years younger, and even this season has played 22 games and knocked in 19 goals already.
Only 3 Chelsea players can match that this season 

(match the appearances obviously, not the goals)

His form/output is irrelevant to the main point, in that he's an injured player that's gone ahead and had further complications during his rehab. It's not abnormal nor a Chelsea centric problem, even if we've been impacted by it more than others.

3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

His form/output is irrelevant to the main point, in that he's an injured player that's gone ahead and had further complications during his rehab. It's not abnormal nor a Chelsea centric problem, even if we've been impacted by it more than others.

No the point YOU made was fan discontent about injuries.

• Agree 1

On 08/01/2024 at 15:13, ozzie said:

The increase in injuries is 100% down to the introduction of VAR.

It is physically impossible to play such a high paced, high intensity sport such as football with so many, sometimes far too long breaks in play.

I'm surprised it hasn't been picked up on and became a real talking point.

The other problem is linos reluctance to raise the flag for offside until 20 seconds later when play stops. I am sure there has been injuries through this where players defending or attacking continue on fully commited and get injured just because linos wont make a decision.

Not sure what refs do anymore, they may as well sit in a warm office in Stockley park and make their decisions from there and as for linos thir only job seems to be throw ins which i am sure could be managed with the same technology used for tennis to decide if the ball is out.

8 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Doucoure of Everton has become another victim of being out injured, returning, and then getting injured again. 

Players are struggling across the board more and more.

QFT, Have a look at EPL Injury Table - Premier Injuries. This is off the charts. Eight clubs have 8 or more unavailable. In mitigation, some of these are AFCON and some suspensions, but we are seeing a huge rise in injuries and repeated injuries. I think this is mainly due to the number of games being played, too little acceptance that you need to rotate all the squad rather than one or two players, too little rest after long-distance travel and a bunch of other stuff mentioned in this thread (including things like VAR, the stop-start nature of the game). The medical departments are getting a lot of stick for trying to ease players back in and stick for players being returned too early. There is pressure on the coaches to win at all costs and sometimes the cost is the health of the players.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

QFT, Have a look at EPL Injury Table - Premier Injuries. This is off the charts. Eight clubs have 8 or more unavailable. In mitigation, some of these are AFCON and some suspensions, but we are seeing a huge rise in injuries and repeated injuries. I think this is mainly due to the number of games being played, too little acceptance that you need to rotate all the squad rather than one or two players, too little rest after long-distance travel and a bunch of other stuff mentioned in this thread (including things like VAR, the stop-start nature of the game). The medical departments are getting a lot of stick for trying to ease players back in and stick for players being returned too early. There is pressure on the coaches to win at all costs and sometimes the cost is the health of the players.

It’s just another part of why I can’t love the sport as much as I used. All the reasons you’ve correctly outlined all come back to one thing… money.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/chelsea-suffer-field-blow-key-28473107

This could be a plus to the injury situation, hopefully we appoint a competent replacement

Todd Boehly has overseen a number of backroom changes since his arrival. Former medical lead Paco Biosca left after 11 years in the role while head physio Thierry Laurent was shown the door after 17 years of service

I hesitate to say this.  Third time lucky?