Injury News

My Blood Is Blue

We have a solid nucleus of players, I've expressed this before, we're just missing a few key pieces in specific areas, some experience, and of course better luck with injuries. It's wild to think that we've not once been able to field our so-called "best eleven" this season. 

Posted (edited)

Apparently, Nkunku has scored more Premier League goals than Antony despite missing most of the season. The same number as Timo Werner. 

Edited by Sciatika
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Quite incredible actually. Not only clearly ahead on the numbers of games missed but also on the number of injuries

FB_IMG_1715260093120.jpg

Quite amusing that the rare photo of him turning out for the side before dislocating his head and ruling him out for 12 years , that even here his arm is bandaged . 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Ham said:

Quite incredible actually. Not only clearly ahead on the numbers of games missed but also on the number of injuries

FB_IMG_1715260093120.jpg

and we're not even in Europe!

• 2 weeks later...

Biggest hint ever that Southgate is pretty inept (likely) or is coming to Chelsea as new coach (think I’d rather keep the current bloke - but it’s a 50/50!!!! And everyone one knows how highly I rate the current one)  - in that he’s left out both Chilwell and James but left Luke Shaw (can’t get fit, won’t stay fit) in and a woefully out of form and over the top Trippier in the squad. 

47 minutes ago, east lower said:

Biggest hint ever that Southgate is pretty inept (likely) or is coming to Chelsea as new coach (think I’d rather keep the current bloke - but it’s a 50/50!!!! And everyone one knows how highly I rate the current one)  - in that he’s left out both Chilwell and James but left Luke Shaw (can’t get fit, won’t stay fit) in and a woefully out of form and over the top Trippier in the squad. 

Southgate is going to waste the best crop of players we have had in years.

Assuming Shaw isn't fit, who plays LB?

Could have taken Colwill if he didn't fancy Chilwell 

45 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Trippier is his only option, unless he goes with three centre-halves and winger at wing-back (Saka?)

On 21/05/2024 at 17:39, paulw66 said:

Couldnt agree more. Sasly they get rewarded for failure. People seemed to celebrate when they came 2nd etc

On 21/05/2024 at 17:39, paulw66 said:

I think he will play Trippier or Gomez as an inverted LB, to try and give more freedom to Bellingham, Foden, Saka and hopefully Palmer behind Kane.

Both Shaw and Chilwell are looking like busted flushes and have for a while. Given that none of our players get the summer off next year we need them as well rested as possible this summer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, east lower said:

Right, so I have had occasion to speak with someone who is in the inner sanctum as regards player injuries and why our record was so poor. Now, I'd add if there was a fence - the person I spoke with would be very much on the medical staff side of it/things..............................................BUT what they said was this happened and was a result of  a combination of:

• Young players who's bodies were still developing and new players-in, who they were working on getting their physiques in the place they wanted them to be
  • Pochettino's overly hard working of the squad in training - running them too much
  • Pochettino bringing previously injured players back into full training way too soon and against the advice of the medical team

From the horse's mouth.

Another justification for the sacking of Poch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Right, so I have had occasion to speak with someone who is in the inner sanctum as regards player injuries and why our record was so poor. Now, I'd add if there was a fence - the person I spoke with would be very much on the medical staff side of it/things..............................................BUT what they said was this happened and was a result of  a combination of:

• Young players who's bodies were still developing and new players-in, who they were working on getting their physiques in the place they wanted them to be
  • Pochettino's overly hard working of the squad in training - running them too much
  • Pochettino bringing previously injured players back into full training way too soon and against the advice of the medical team

From the horse's mouth.

I remember a journo (Matt Law, maybe... certainly someone like hm rather than a Twitter ITK) saying similar things on a podcast/YouTube channel a few weeks ago.  Wish my memory were better these days so I could link to it. Can remember every minute of the first gig I ever went to (Pink Floyd, 15th Nov 1974, Empire Pool, Wembley) but struggling remembering what I had for breakfast this morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

What will be interesting to see the player KM covered in a match with the new coach vs Poch.  

27 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I remember a journo (Matt Law, maybe... certainly someone like hm rather than a Twitter ITK) saying similar things on a podcast/YouTube channel a few weeks ago.  Wish my memory were better these days so I could link to it. Can remember every minute of the first gig I ever went to (Pink Floyd, 15th Nov 1974, Empire Pool, Wembley) but struggling remembering what I had for breakfast this morning.

I recall some thing similar said about the training and the bringing them back into training from injury too soon also. The younger player and changing of physiques was new to me - apart from a report I read about the body physics people trying to change the way Chukwuemeka actually ran.

31 minutes ago, Ham said:

Based on what was said to me, quite possibly - The acid test will be this season, if the players miss as much time as they did last season, then perhaps the focus may change and go onto the medical, conditioning staff.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

It was the London Is Blue Podcast, I think. May 23.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tosin, in an interview after training, "I've been out there, and I've seen so many sick players, so just everyone, to be honest, everyone's nice to play with. So it's just going to be a sick team." :classic_sad:

• Haha 1

On 20/06/2024 at 13:23, east lower said:

From the horse's mouth.

They just don’t make footballers the same way they did 30 years ago. 

The ones made today are absolute wankers who call and cry to their agent the minute they are sat on the bench. 

One of my best friends are on the staff for one of the best national sides in the world - I.e. he is coaching one of the best 20 national sides in world footballl. The stuff he’s telling me is mind blowing. Footballers today wouldn’t last 5 seconds dealing with a real life job. 

• Agree 1