N'Golo Kante

JaneB

1 hour ago, jasonb said:

Yep I remember Dixon towards the end and being about 9 goals away from catching one of our earlier great's record in Tambling yet they still moved him on and I thought it was sad.  I also think Kante should not be here next season, a big salary and probably not suited to our style of play and also becoming more injury prone. 

Possibly although in the last few games I saw him nicking the ball as he always does. I'd be curious to see how he performs in his favorite position rather than being played as a forward!

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Snide as always I see.

You know what, I'll just not contribute anything else to the forum to appease you, satisfied?

No idea who this is and if it's a good or bad thing haha.

Whether it's a good or a bad thing depends on how seriously you take yourself champ. 

On the subject of contributions to the forum you do have some interesting perspectives when you are not lecturing. If I can offer one piece of advice it is that brevity is the soul of wit.

On 04/05/2023 at 16:42, Bones said:

Possibly although in the last few games I saw him nicking the ball as he always does. I'd be curious to see how he performs in his favorite position rather than being played as a forward!

Glenn Hoddle said the same and also said that Kante could be one of the best 'holding midfielders in the world' even now!!!!!.

Over to the 'Kante is past it brigade'

• Like 1

On 06/05/2023 at 00:38, kev61 said:

Glenn Hoddle said the same and also said that Kante could be one of the best 'holding midfielders in the world' even now!!!!!.

Why is there no reaction?.You either think Hoddle is out of his tree or you are reluctant to criticise hoddle because we played good football when he was in charge.

At least have the balls to comment!!

3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Why is there no reaction?.

I give up. Why?

You either think Hoddle is out of his tree

He's as mad as a cut snake.

or you are reluctant to criticise hoddle because we played good football when he was in charge.

I doubt that this is the problem.

Calm down Kev.

On 06/05/2023 at 09:38, kev61 said:

Hoddle is out of his tree. Everybody knows/understands that.

On 06/05/2023 at 09:38, kev61 said:

2 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Why is there no reaction?.You either think Hoddle is out of his tree or you are reluctant to criticise hoddle because we played good football when he was in charge.

What's to really say, Kev? Just because Hoddle says something you agree with doesn't make it gospel. Mourinho once upon a time said if the likes of Solanke, Izzy Brown and Lewis Baker didn't make the England side he'd be to blame. Mangers, former managers, and pundits all say weird shit at one point or another. You certainly wouldn't pin the lacklustre careers those three had on Mourinho would you?

It's been explained to you on countless occasions as to why Kante cannot play the "holding midfielder" role/position. There's really nothing else further to add to that. 

Kante biggest concern right now is going to be having a place in the side in any position, much less trying to convert him into something he's so far removed from.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Hoddle is out of his tree. Everybody knows/understands that.

Good lord michael you'r a hard person to respond to.

Are you "out of your tree"?

I am.

14 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

It's been explained to you on countless occasions as to why Kante cannot play the "holding midfielder" role/position. There's really nothing else further to add 

Where to start!!.I don't need you or anyone else to "explain" to me why Kante can't play in a holding midfield position.

Explained by whom...you! Jesus get a grip celery.you are clueless just like the rest of us.

28 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Where to start!!.I don't need you or anyone else to "explain" to me why Kante can't play in a holding midfield position.

Explained by whom...you! Jesus get a grip celery.you are clueless just like the rest of us.

Then why the heck are you coming on here asking for people to justify their comments on the matter? lol

I think you've got yourself a little lost in the sauce here Kev. 

10 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Then why the heck are you coming on here asking for people to justify their comments on the matter? lol

I think you've got yourself a little lost in the sauce here Kev. 

Ha! Honestly celery you bore people to death with your over analysis  on simple matters.

Time for us to part the ways me thinks.

24 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Ha! Honestly celery you bore people to death with your over analysis  on simple matters.

Time for us to part the ways me thinks.

Believe it or not Kev, I'm not the problem here.

This is obviously quite a challenge for you to process, but you're the one who refuses to take anything on board, but at the same time want people to justify their stance with an explanation. Of course, that explanation can only be simplified and brief because anything longer than a sentence or two automatically becomes "over analysed", "too in-depth" and whatever else. 

The one thing we can agree upon though is leaving it at that. 

Nice assist yesterday to get us going yesterday. His crossing is quite good form that position. Think he's got a few similar assists from that - Giroud's brilliant header in Seville comes to mind.