N'Golo Kante

JaneB

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Think he's kicked his last ball for us.... 

Should have, but I have a feeling we're going to extend him for another two years and be stuck with an ageing and unreliable squad player that's only going to continue to be a problem moving forward. 

Edited by xceleryx

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Should have, but I have a feeling we're going to extend him for another two years and be stuck with an ageing and unreliable squad player that's only going to continue to be a problem moving forward. 

Doesn't matter how good a player is, if they are consistently unavailable, it makes planning and preparing for future games very difficult. 

When he returned for the last few games, he looked almost like the old Kanté - albeit played far too high up the pitch - but if we're to get "two games with, ten games without" then it's time to allow him to go. No point renewing a contract for a player likely to spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch. Thanks for all the great times and that infectuous smile, but...

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...

One of the greatest players I have ever seen. Unbelievable talent. We’d never have won a second Champions League without his succession of man of the match performances. Sad how he started to pick up serious injuries in the last couple of seasons. Loved to have seen him stay if he could maintain a high level for a few more seasons. Nice to think he could have gone on like Modric. It wasn’t to be. He’s deservedly won it all and has nothing to prove. He deserves his big pay day and one can only wish him the best.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Thank you, N'Golo. 

A true humble professional that's played a huge role in the success had while here. Unfortunately his body couldn't hold up to the rigours of his all-action play style at this level and this is a move that benefits all parties really. He can kick back in a less demanding league earning an outrageous amount of money for the next few years, while we can move forward in a new direction as a club. 

Wish him nothing but the best. Hopefully he can stay fit enough to still enjoy the football he's got left in him.

End of an era. 

What a player and what a man. We were so lucky to have him at our club, he was an unreal player and without doubt the best at what he did.

It makes sense for him to move on, and I wish him nothing but enjoyment in the final years of his career, whilst he earns an eye watering amount of money. Good for him!

• Like 1

First time I saw him live was when he played for Leicester against us, in Jose’s last game in his second stint. 

He just destroyed us and I remember saying to my son at the game that he looked special - and he was that and more. It was a privilege to watch him and call him one of ours. 

Compare N’golo and his achievements and behaviour to that sorry excuse Lukaku - the latter couldn’t lace his boots as a player or a human being. 

Good luck fella, you deserve every bit of success you’ve achieved and more to come.

• Like 1

One of my biggest regrets is never getting to see him play in the flesh.

I like to watch players off the ball as well as on.I'm sure he would have been a delight to behold.

Good luck in the future N'golo.If fellow professionals were to make a list of the best  players they have ever seen - I have no doubt that Kante would be near the top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I like to watch players off the ball as well as on.I'm sure he would have been a delight to behold.

Good luck in the future N'golo.If fellow professionals were to make a list of the best  players they have ever seen - I have no doubt that Kante would be near the top.

Well said kev...for all the replays on tv there is nothing better than being able to see the whole picture and the off the ball movement...but then again many look but how many see?.......tv or live...

58 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Had the pleasure, @kev61, and it was poetry in motion. Up there with Maca, JT, SFL, Éden and Didier in my opinion. One of the greats.

1 hour ago, chara said:

..but then again many look but how many see?.......tv or live...

Indeed.'There's none so blind that will not see'(ROTG's territory?) - and as Stan Laurel (as in Laurel and Hardy)  said..."you can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be le(a)d".

Edited by kev61
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bison said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/kante-posts-goodbye-message-to-chelsea-family

A real Chelsea legend and one of the best midfielders of his generation. I wish he got the send off he truly deserved.

Sad to lose him but at the same time happy for him that he gets a crazy deal to see out his playing days.

Wonder what he was getting at with this part of his message?

These past times have not been easy for us and our family, but we were able to stay united to face rumours and lies.

48 minutes ago, east lower said:

Wonder what he was getting at with this part of his message?

These past times have not been easy for us and our family, but we were able to stay united to face rumours and lies.

The past times have not been easy = playing with Jorginho and Kovacic really took its toll on the great man. 

• Haha 2