Conor Gallagher signs for Atletico Madrid

JaneB

7 hours ago, Bert19 said:

Please stop with this. No one (least of all us) knows what players actually earn.  It's mildly informed speculation at best in the vast majority of cases and numbers completely made up by the media at worst.  

Sorry to disagree, however in Conor's case the quoted figures are probably quite close to what is being reported in the media, mainly due to somewhere in the background his agency has planted those seeds.

Should he get a new contract i doubt the details will be known until somewhere near the end of that contract. 

It's a funny old game 

41 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Sorry to disagree, however in Conor's case the quoted figures are probably quite close to what is being reported in the media, mainly due to somewhere in the background his agency has planted those seeds.

Unlikely to be the agency, it will be something like Spotrac which takes a guess at every players salarly - yes every single player's salaryu is quoted going back over 10 years.  (Quick check, spotrac has 50k for Gallagher and 250k for James - up from guess what, from 58k.)
The media just take the first loudly spoken number and then gravitate to the Spotrac number (which is a mixture of finger in the air and the media early numbers).

Why would his agent talk about his contract with the media?  Particularly if the agent is in talks with say Spurs - they can tell them directly.

My guess is that the players go through the Spotrac list of Chelsea salaries and have a good laugh.

When would it be libel to give an inaccurate figure for a players salary?
My guess is that Spotrac or the media would be in much more trouble if they quoted an accurate one.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Unlikely to be the agency, it will be something like Spotrac which takes a guess at every players salarly - yes every single player's salaryu is quoted going back over 10 years.  (Quick check, spotrac has 50k for Gallagher and 250k for James - up from guess what, from 58k.)
The media just take the first loudly spoken number and then gravitate to the Spotrac number (which is a mixture of finger in the air and the media early numbers).

Why would his agent talk about his contract with the media?  Particularly if the agent is in talks with say Spurs - they can tell them directly.

My guess is that the players go through the Spotrac list of Chelsea salaries and have a good laugh.

When would it be libel to give an inaccurate figure for a players salary?
My guess is that Spotrac or the media would be in much more trouble if they quoted an accurate one.

Maybe

I guess the bottom line is, will Gallagher accept the offer from the club which is more than likely a low salary for 6 years or does he make hay while the sunshine's

Edited by ROTG

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I'd just like to say that I think the way Chelsea have treated Conor Gallagher is absolutely outrageous.

He was our captain for much of last season, played well enough to go to the Euros, and from what I read on here from those more in the know than me, our midfield works much better with him and Caicedo, rather than Enzo and Caicedo (and what the hell is Enzo doing being our 'new' captain? That's another rant).

He's a Chelsea boy through and through and that's why they want to get rid of him.

I know football is ruthless these days and the new manager must play his way (although is he even having any say in the matter which makes it even worse) but the whole episode leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. 

When did my club get to be so nasty 😔

I doubt we will ever get a firm and accurate grip on everything that has happened with Gallagher.

You’re right though, it does leave a very horrible taste and is all somewhat unnecessary . 

My overriding view on this is it’s a case of the pressure starting to really show. We are two years in now and this ownership has overseen mistake after mistake, with virtually nothing positive to show for it.  
Things like respect , loyalty , pragmatism all start to wane, once the pressure increases to a boiling point. The tipping point has been reached , we are a poor start away from going other the other side of that tipping point. The way they have handled the situation with our academy graduates in recent months, will be coming back to bite the hierarchy in the very near future. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

I doubt we will ever get a firm and accurate grip on everything that has happened with Gallagher.

You’re right though, it does leave a very horrible taste and is all somewhat unnecessary . 

My overriding view on this is it’s a case of the pressure starting to really show. We are two years in now and this ownership has overseen mistake after mistake, with virtually nothing positive to show for it.  
Things like respect , loyalty , pragmatism all start to wane, once the pressure increases to a boiling point. The tipping point has been reached , we are a poor start away from going other the other side of that tipping point. The way they have handled the situation with our academy graduates in recent months, will be coming back to bite the hierarchy in the very near future. 

Thanks for your informative reply.  Maybe I let too much emotion get in the way but this has really got to me.

I'll always love Chelsea Football Club, I just don't think I like them much any more.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Thanks for your informative reply.  Maybe I let too much emotion get in the way but this has really got to me.

I'll always love Chelsea Football Club, I just don't think I like them much any more.

Nothing wrong with showing a bit of passion. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, JaneB said:

I'd just like to say that I think the way Chelsea have treated Conor Gallagher is absolutely outrageous.

He was our captain for much of last season, played well enough to go to the Euros, and from what I read on here from those more in the know than me, our midfield works much better with him and Caicedo, rather than Enzo and Caicedo (and what the hell is Enzo doing being our 'new' captain? That's another rant).

He's a Chelsea boy through and through and that's why they want to get rid of him.

I know football is ruthless these days and the new manager must play his way (although is he even having any say in the matter which makes it even worse) but the whole episode leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. 

Our owners couldn't run a brothel.  Hang on, I'd better re=phrase that, that's all they can run, but it wouldn't be a very good brothel.  Conwe have no for's treatment has been nothing short of disgraceful, but that's what we get when  we have pen pushers rather than proper football people on our board.  They make me sick!!!

2 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Our owners couldn't run a brothel.  Hang on, I'd better re=phrase that, that's all they can run, but it wouldn't be a very good brothel.  Conwe have no for's treatment has been nothing short of disgraceful, but that's what we get when  we have pen pushers rather than proper football people on our board.  They make me sick!!!

Get off the fence.  Are you pro-TBSD or not FFS,

8 hours ago, JaneB said:

Much of what you say resonates as always Jane. 

And as you know I’m very concerned about how things have gone since the takeover, and my thoughts on Todd, Eggy, Lawrence, Winstanley and the rest are well-known.

But in fairness, and one has to be fair imo, it could be (and we don’t know of course) that maybe Chelsea made Conor good offers. Palmer has signed a new deal, so maybe the club aren’t at fault for this and do make reasonable offers. I don’t know.

The Conor to AM deal seems messy but that’s another story. 

It’s always easy to blame the club when popular players leave but I do feel that there’s two sides to it all. 👀💀🎯💯

54 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Much of what you say resonates as always Jane. 

And as you know I’m very concerned about how things have gone since the takeover, and my thoughts on Todd, Eggy, Lawrence, Winstanley and the rest are well-known.

But in fairness, and one has to be fair imo, it could be (and we don’t know of course) that maybe Chelsea made Conor good offers. Palmer has signed a new deal, so maybe the club aren’t at fault for this and do make reasonable offers. I don’t know.

The Conor to AM deal seems messy but that’s another story. 

It’s always easy to blame the club when popular players leave but I do feel that there’s two sides to it all. 👀💀🎯💯

Who are you and what have you done with Chelsea_Matt?

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

And another thing, to add insult to unjury, they want to bring back Felix the Cat (Joao Felix), who was crap when on loan 2 years ago

And loan out Big Les, according to that bloke Ornstein. Absolute car crash of a club right now. 

Fernandez as Captain - It’s so painful it’s funny.

• Angry 1

12 minutes ago, east lower said:

And loan out Big Les, according to that bloke Ornstein. Absolute car crash of a club right now. 

Absolute shitshow. Big Les & Caicedo all day for me. 😡😡😡💀

13 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Absolute shitshow. Big Les & Caicedo all day for me. 😡😡😡💀

Lavia is better than Les. Chuk and Enzo too.  

34 minutes ago, east lower said:

If it can't be James or regrettably Chilwell, then I think Cucurella should be given the armband.  He's at last thoroughly earned his place in the team (unlike Enzo) and is enthusiastic and likeable.  Well he's as good a bet as anyone.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

@Chelsea_Matt Why are you calling everyone 'brotato chip'? 🙄

Jane Jane! (In panic),,,why oh why ?...right onto the slippery slope that could lead to..gulp...a series of irreverent smiley exchanges not suitable for such an adult and serious Forum as our's.......an unforeseen consequence of the full moon/midnight curse I mentioned elsewhere..........🥷🎸

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, chara said:

Jane Jane! (In panic),,,why oh why ?...right onto the slippery slope that could lead to..gulp...a series of irreverent smiley exchanges not suitable for such an adult and serious Forum as our's.......an unforeseen consequence of the full moon/midnight curse I mentioned elsewhere..........🥷🎸

Well it’s way past my bedtime Chara so I’ll leave you to it….

(Btw I’m getting seriously worried about your emoji use 😳)

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Well it’s way past my bedtime Chara so I’ll leave you to it….

(Btw I’m getting seriously worried about your emoji use 😳)

emoji's?,,,Me?..since when?,,, must be mixing me up with SOMEONE else.

10 minutes ago, chara said:

emoji's?,,,Me?..since when?,,, must be mixing me up with SOMEONE else.

Who? ©️HE↪️💲E🅰️  Ⓜ️🅰️✝️✝️?

✝️H@✝️'💲   ©️R🅰️🅿️

• Haha 1