Official: Chelsea sign Enzo Fernandez on an Eight and a Half Year Contract

JaneB

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's literally never "them" .

One man bus journey .

Enzo should refuse to play for Argentina again unless everyone on that bus singing that song is named and shamed along with him

None of the others were brainless enough to do a live stream. 

right or wrong "What goes on in the mile stays in the mile"

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Now party political alignment etc, sure. Easy enough to steer clear of that, but politics at a general level, impossible, it permeates every aspect of our lives.

I was not the one to decide to mention a particular political party and then try to tar them as racists despite both having a lot of support among Black and Asian voters and those from other minority groups. Just saying.

9 hours ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Racism exists on all points of the political spectrum. 

True. Some of the worst I see these days are from parties of the Left, which makes me really depressed. I was brought up in a Bennite family with radical left-wing politics. I see people of the Left seek to patronise, diminish and demote people from minority communities. The choice is not whether they do it but who they do it to. However, I would not dream of characterising them all as racist because I know that, on most useful measures, the UK has one of the least racist societies in the world.

I am not going to labour this because it defeats the object. My original comment was gentle because I wanted this platform to steer clear of overt politics. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Because , we offered him redemption and he didn't want it .  He wanted to high tail it to Italy as quickly as he could manage. (not very)

Proof please???

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Sorry Sir I'll go stand in the corner as my views are not to your views on redemption

Redemption is something that for all, however its not something to be given after a week of saying 10 hail Mary's  every night. The guy needs to go off for a while or permanent to go and rebuild his life, get educated and try to rebuild his career. Personally there is no way back for the guy due the multi cultural society in the UK and will be hounded regardless of time.

I believe you are a ST holder, therefore based on how you refute my statement, you are more than happy to applaud Enzo from the stands when he walks on the pitch on the 18th August?

Back to Lukaku, when did he say he would don't play for the club? And who made the calls in the past two summers to send him to the reserves and try and flog him when that failed loan him, rather than letting the new coaches do an assessment of him during pre season. I also assume the repetitive CM comment above is acceptable in this day and age?

Don’t drag me into this one, Father. Jesus wouldn’t like it. 😉🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👀💯💀

20 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

RObert , it was a joke , no more no less , a carry-on  film play on Ethics and Essex. 

You are very touchy for someone who's always putting it out there . 

This place is somewhere where we can take the piss a bit isn't it? 

Blimey , the sledging I've had previously . 

OK  apologies for being overly touchy

9 hours ago, Ham said:

Hung out to dry........

Alexis Mac Allister on Argentina's racist chant:

🗣️ “Yes, it's a very important topic, obviously. Enzo has already apologized and explained what happened.

I don't think there's much more to say. We know Enzo, we know he would never do it with bad intentions, he's not that guy, he's not racist.

It's just a chant that got stuck and is more of a mocking tone than anything else. But, as I said, you have to be very careful.

I think the most important thing is that Enzo came out, gave the corresponding apologies, and that, in the end, should be valued.”

Jfc. Where is this form? I'm curious who he made this comment to, and why there was no challenge put to him in that moment.

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Jfc. Where is this form? I'm curious who he made this comment to, and why there was no challenge put to him in that moment.

I saw the same and It was reported as being Argentine radio . 

Thirty days to sort this mess out, Chelsea. 

Personally I think he is done. The club cannot afford the bad PR - they'll sell him or loan him to Italy where people don't really care as much about this sort of thing. The Italian clubs will be lining up to take him on loan instead of buying him because they know it's Chelsea. 

Updates on the Enzo Fernandez situation as of July 19th.

FIFA are now investigating the situation following the footage filmed by Enzo Fernandez, according to Reuters.

The l are reporting that Enzo Fernandez would 'almost certainly' face a six-month ban from FIFA should they charge the player.

Paul Canoville has reportedly offered to help mend the fall-out happening at Chelsea after the video was released - Matt Law/The Telegraph.

For those of you who may not know Paul Canoville, Paul was Chelsea FC's first ever black player during a time of severe prejudice in the country. Paul even experienced racism from some portions of the Chelsea fan base at the time. Now, Paul has his own foundation supporting young people facing adversity.

Matt Law has also reported that Enzo has apologised to his teammates in private.

17 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Paul Canoville has reportedly offered to help mend the fall-out happening at Chelsea after the video was released - Matt Law/The Telegraph.

Nice to see that isn't demanding the axe for Enzo,

Whatever ones views on this, what a mess we could have done without. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Updates on the Enzo Fernandez situation as of July 19th.

FIFA are now investigating the situation following the footage filmed by Enzo Fernandez, according to Reuters.

The l are reporting that Enzo Fernandez would 'almost certainly' face a six-month ban from FIFA should they charge the player.

For those of you who may not know Paul Canoville, Paul was Chelsea FC's first ever black player during a time of severe prejudice in the country. Paul even experienced racism from some portions of the Chelsea fan base at the time. Now, Paul has his own foundation supporting young people facing adversity.

Matt Law has also reported that Enzo has apologised to his teammates in private.

Mail are saying 6-7 game ban not a 6-7 month one. 

• Like 1

Privately Chelsea should come down on Enzo like a tonne of bricks but publicly I hope we are defending him, particularly as no other player on the bus seems to be getting any heat.   I hope we are making this fact known loud and clear and I'd also be really keen to know where we stand from an appeal perspective if it transpires that Enzo is the only one punished 

If they're going to investigate, they need to investigate forensically.  Investigate the Argentina team and coaches, not just Enzo.

All or nothing.  

• Agree 3

How stupid can players be? There seems no limit.

We can all voice opinions in private on how people can qualify for other nations (eg recently Cash for Poland, historically Bosingwa, dessaily, makalele, zaha deco, viera, de guzman, boetang, diego costa, motta...there are many icluding pretty much the whole Italian Rugby team) and we joke about it but to live stream an offensive song, however accurate or not it is, is incredible naive and stupid.

Do they forget much of the Argentinian team has Italian roots?

I've been told that our internal investigation isn't just investigating Enzo but everyone involved and we will report to Fifa and the FA with our findings.

The club are not treating this as an Enzo only problem, which most of the media are portraying it as and they want to make it clear that there were others involved and they need to be held accountable. 

Most likely punishment from the club is a fine, if there are any further punishments from above the club will fully support it but they do not belive Enzo is any more at fault that anyone else just because it was his social media it was posted on and every single person involved should receive the same punishment from FIFA and or their respective FA's.

If true, I think it's great that the club are trying to make sure it is not only Enzo that is held accountable but they need to be very careful how this will be portrayed in the media. The silence from everyone else is deafening and I can imagine we will be seen as belittling the situation by seeking punishments for anyone other than Enzo.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

I've been told that our internal investigation isn't just investigating Enzo but everyone involved and we will report to Fifa and the FA with our findings.

The club are not treating this as an Enzo only problem, which most of the media are portraying it as and they want to make it clear that there were others involved and they need to be held accountable. 

Most likely punishment from the club is a fine, if there are any further punishments from above the club will fully support it but they do not belive Enzo is any more at fault that anyone else just because it was his social media it was posted on and every single person involved should receive the same punishment from FIFA and or their respective FA's.

If true, I think it's great that the club are trying to make sure it is not only Enzo that is held accountable but they need to be very careful how this will be portrayed in the media. The silence from everyone else is deafening and I can imagine we will be seen as belittling the situation by seeking punishments for anyone other than Enzo.

This is good to hear and the correct approach. The club should be making sure the message they get across is that they are appalled by what Enzo has done and he is being punished for it and then secondly by looking into this matter they have also found that he was not the only one involved and based on the evidence they have others should be held responsible by their clubs and any other authorities looking to punish. We don't need to name names or clubs publicly, but privately we absolutely should be.

he lack of media outcry gainst the rest of the players is appalling and embarrassing to be honest. It is, however, not surprising at all. I'm waiting for them to start calling for a points deduction.

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The offence is the singing, not the streaming. 

I understand that it was a live stream of the entire bus journey ( presumably to the airport ) where countless songs were sung until towards the end where someone (not Enzo by the way ) started the  racist song at which time someone (also not Enzo) said he'd best stop the live stream.

So if the offence is in fact the singing then they're going to have to go after the lot of them not just the one doing the livestream.

That it's been reported as Enzo singing and then posting a racist song is misleading ( not that it lessens the offence . )

• Like 2

Guest Alex
21 hours ago, Sciatika said:

There is overtly political and the stuff that is just general conversation. The implication of alex's post was that GB News is a place for racists. He can choose to believe that but I suggest he has a word with say Nana Akua. But he goes on to suggest that supporters of Reform are also racists. Many people I know voted for them along with a significant proportion of the population and probably people here. I am not offended on their behalf but he should relect on whether his message is appropriate. 

Everything you say is  codswallop and not at all what I am thinking or implying.

It was a joke about Enzo being the sort of person they'd get as a candidate, because they had plenty of problems with poorly-vetted racists they had to boot from the party. It's the perennial problem of the far-right in any era or country), because it's a space that contains a fair amount of racist loonies. Of course not everyone who is in that party or who voted for them is either of those things.

You have chosen to be very offended and make as big an issue of this as you possibly can.