Official: Chelsea sign Enzo Fernandez on an Eight and a Half Year Contract

JaneB

Mentioned above,,,Llanelli ?,,,,,haven't looked for a midweek game but I think it was after Newcastle away the previous weekend...

I can't get my head around Enzo being in Llanelli !.... His personal life is exactly that but wtf?

I'm not sure how good Enzo's English is but with due respect to our respected Welsh members sometimes the Welsh accent can be "challenging"to some of us!

Usually any driving foolishness is something like "Stopped on the M6 at 2 am doing 98 miles an hour in his..choose whatever luxury sports model..."

😕🚔🏎️🚦

Guest Alex
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The lack of media outcry gainst the rest of the players is appalling and embarrassing to be honest. It is, however, not surprising at all. I'm waiting for them to start calling for a points deduction.

It will hopefully happen in due course, but Fernandez is the only one that's able to have anything substantiated against him at this point.

Reputations, even careers are at stake here and there are potentially defamatory consequences for wrongfully speculating on who else might be involved.

Not that I have much faith this will be handled properly by FIFA.

A comparable scandal was the three Aussie cricketers swiftly dealt with by cricket Australia for ball tampering. The player doing the tampering was made to take the blame until Warner and Smith were also later found to be involved. But I'd be very surprised if more of the team didn't know, but Cricket Australia chose to act swiftly by banning them, therefore limiting any damage from a wider investigation.

There will be sports lawyers involved in this looking at precedent.

Edited by Alex

Guest Alex

And yes from a Chelsea perspective it's a real conundrum for the ownership wishing to be seen to be doing the right thing, limit damage to squad harmony and also yes they will be balancing that against devaluing an asset. At the moment they'll be in an information gathering phase, trying to find out what else will come out, how far this will go, talking to Fernandez, the French lads, lawyers...etc before deciding what to do. 

12 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Wow, who needs enemies when you have team mates!

I’m not for a second defending Enzo, what he did in disgusting and filming it for social media is painfully stupid, but for the other players in the squad and on the bus to just let him take all the heat, is appalling as well.

He’s caught ‘Full Scouse Victim/It Wasn’t Me, It Was Him Virus’ in only one season there - remarkable isn’t it.

• Like 1

Guest Alex
22 hours ago, Sciatika said:

There is overtly political and the stuff that is just general conversation. The implication of alex's post was that GB News is a place for racists. He can choose to believe that but I suggest he has a word with say Nana Akua. But he goes on to suggest that supporters of Reform are also racists. Many people I know voted for them along with a significant proportion of the population and probably people here. I am not offended on their behalf but he should relect on whether his message is appropriate. 

In an effort to be more concillitory, and hopefully end this tedious debate (and I also wholeheartedly agree religion and politics are best kept out of football chat). It was a joke about Fernandez because people making gaffes like his are Reform's big issue. Farage has forever been trying to boot out super racist loonies from his various parties because he wants his party taken seriously, as Le Penn has done in France when legitimising her father's party (who said similar things to the Argentine chanting about French footballers). When head of UKIP it was the same thing, kicking out the likes of that guy that called UKIP women sluts and talking about immigrants from Bongo Bongo Land. I think Farage is an opportunist, hypocrite, but I do not think he personally is a racist, just a wanker.

In the context of one of our players being caught up in a racism scandal, which I think we all universally agree is abhorrent, I think making a non-pejorative joke, whether you found it funny or not, is the big deal you seem to be blowing it up into.

Guest Alex
1 hour ago, chara said:

Mentioned above,,,Llanelli ?,,,,,haven't looked for a midweek game but I think it was after Newcastle away the previous weekend...

I can't get my head around Enzo being in Llanelli !.... His personal life is exactly that but wtf?

I'm not sure how good Enzo's English is but with due respect to our respected Welsh members sometimes the Welsh accent can be "challenging"to some of us!

Usually any driving foolishness is something like "Stopped on the M6 at 2 am doing 98 miles an hour in his..choose whatever luxury sports model..."

😕🚔🏎️🚦

Just got round to reading this, it's all too weird. As someone whose parents live a few minutes from the Chelsea training ground and literally round the corner from some of the players, but whose father is from Llanelli, I'm going to have to recuse myself from this chat, profess my Francophillia, state for the record that Kante and Desailly were two of my all time favourite  players and insist I was never with Fernandez in Llanelli or on any coach in South America!

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just got round to reading this, it's all too weird. As someone whose parents live a few minutes from the Chelsea training ground and literally round the corner from some of the players, but whose father is from Llanelli, I'm going to have to recuse myself from this chat, profess my Francophillia, state for the record that Kante and Desailly were two of my all time favourite  players and insist I was never with Fernandez in Llanelli or on any coach in South America!

Hmm.."Me thinks he protesteth too much!".... I accept under advisement that Alex was not on the bus but am re evulating my list of World Hot spots to maybe add Llanelli ,,will it become a toss up between Ibiza and Llanelli for a party vacation?...Llanelli and Amsterdam ?

Afterthought,,I am sure we can all pronounce Llanelli correctly but a Spanish speaker?

14 minutes ago, chara said:

Hmm.."Me thinks he protesteth too much!".... I accept under advisement that Alex was not on the bus but am re evulating my list of World Hot spots to maybe add Llanelli ,,will it become a toss up between Ibiza and Llanelli for a party vacation?...Llanelli and Amsterdam ?

Afterthought,,I am sure we can all pronounce Llanelli correctly but a Spanish speaker?

Llanelli a party destination!!! Don’t be silly, he was clearly on his way back from Merthyr Tydfil 🤣

• Haha 1

Guest Alex
16 minutes ago, chara said:

Funnily enough I'm driving Kepa there this weekend, so I'll let you know how the Spanish ceceo and the pronunciation of Llanelli mix!

A true story, for a laugh, very recently, I falsely declared my wife's name as Anastasia in a Spanish hotel recently. It was a beautiful showcase of the ceceo.

4 minutes ago, east lower said:

Llanelli a party destination!!! Don’t be silly, he was clearly on his way back from Merthyr Tydfil 🤣

Of course...my party days are long gone so not up with the fast crowd.

@RDCW,,,local knowledge ..or as close as I know!,,are we missing out on a new insider only Hedonistic destination?

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Funnily enough I'm driving Kepa there this weekend, so I'll let you know how the Spanish ceceo and the pronunciation of Llanelli mix!

A true story, for a laugh, very recently, I falsely declared my wife's name as Anastasia in a Spanish hotel recently. It was a beautiful showcase of the ceceo.

I have yet to live down the shame of having the correct pronunciation of Yosemite Sam being gently pointed out to me many years ago on an early stay here.

Added...my bad Spanish is heavily Andaluce...or as a Spanish teacher once admonished me."No No that is bad Andaluce" and in a communal camp site washroom in Toledo I was recognised as being from Almeria by my accent,

Oh and anyone got the skinny on the Tonypandy night life?

Edited by chara

Guest Alex
5 minutes ago, chara said:

I have yet to live down the shame of having the correct pronunciation of Yosemite Sam being gently pointed out to me many years ago on an early stay here.

Hahahaha 😂 I get you! I think?! Donald?

11 minutes ago, chara said:

@RDCW,,,local knowledge ..or as close as I know!,,are we missing out on a new insider only Hedonistic destination?

Party capital of ‘The Valleys’, butt!

• Haha 2

Guest Alex

If we're getting into it, I can't call you Butt, as Llanelli is not in the Valleys.

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

If we're getting into it, I can't call you Butt, as Llanelli is not in the Valleys.

Mun?

Grandad came from Merthyr, never met him unfortunately - died long before I was around. 

Apparently and according to my nan he used to say that the residents of towns/villages in said valleys mostly did two things to each other and both began with the letter ‘F’ - The first one being ‘fumping ’

Edited by east lower
  • Haha 1

Guest Alex
5 minutes ago, east lower said:

Mun?

Very good! My Welshness is not something I'm enough in touch with  sadly though growing up in Surrey. Can't speak a word of the language unlike my family 😞 

Just now, Alex said:

Very good! My Welshness is not something I'm enough in touch with  sadly though growing up in Surrey. Can't speak a word of the language unlike my family 😞 

Know next to nowt myself, just pick up bits - mostly at funerals!!

Brought up and still living in Surrey myself.

Guest Alex
1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Either action was brainless, don’t you agree?

Perfectly put.

There's a lot of whataboutery going on here.

Fernandez has started a racist scandal, there are no mitigating factors. Whoever else was involved will hopefully come out in time (no faith in the FIFA process).

Whoever else was involved, it doesn't diminish he was being a racist, we have to deal with that as Chelsea fans. Let's lead by example and say he deserves whatever is coming to him. Hopefully whoever else is involved will also be uncovered and punished too. 

2 hours ago, chara said:

I cannot think of a good reason why Enzo would see fit to visit Llanelli, unless his Argentine roots have endowed him with an interest in the pursuit of the egg-shaped ball and he experienced a need to prostrate himself at the holy shrine of Parc y Scarlets!

Edited by RDCW
  • Haha 1