Official: Chelsea sign Enzo Fernandez on an Eight and a Half Year Contract

JaneB

44 minutes ago, ROTG said:

oh dear

its the media again

Regardless who was or was not on the bus, you have to be brain dead to do live streams, knowing that what you area singing is 100% racist.

I not only feel sorry for the current crop of coloured and ethic players who the idiot insulted, also those players from the 70's, 80's 90's who were racially abused week in week out from the terraces, and have been a fundamental part of getting this behaviour off the terraces.

Enzo should not come anywhere near the club in the near future.

I should have thought that you, of all people, would believe in the possibility of redemption and the power of forgiveness.

16 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I should have thought that you, of all people, would believe in the possibility of redemption and the power of forgiveness.

Yeah and "coloured?"

21 minutes ago, RDCW said:

We have all had to go down the road of redemption, if one was standing on the terraces in the 70's & 80's.

However in this day and age and getting paid £10m a year, redemption is something earned for those who deserve it, not to pond life like Enzo.

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yeah and "coloured?"

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Don't forget Ethics , I didn't even know he had a lisp.

here we go again

Lets see which one of you casts the first stone on called someone from the FA bent or a manager a coward, wank3r or Somewhere in the next couples months, fires the quote the club would be doing better if Enzo the game changer was available

No problem with you ladies taking the P1ss on spelling errors, because that about your level. Do you have anything concrete to say on what I wrote or is that a bit too much to ask?

Cue MT

13 minutes ago, ROTG said:

here we go again

Lets see which one of you casts the first stone on called someone from the FA bent or a manager a coward, wank3r or Somewhere in the next couples months, fires the quote the club would be doing better if Enzo the game changer was available

No problem with you ladies taking the P1ss on spelling errors, because that about your level. Do you have anything concrete to say on what I wrote or is that a bit too much to ask?

Cue MT

Not sure your use of the word coloured was bought up as a spelling mistake to be fair.

Now, I'm not one to judge as I'm sure it's completely innocent but in today's world it is highly offensive to call anyone coloured. 

I once used the term in front of my wife's best friends Dad, who happens to be a black man. A man mountain of a black man. 

To cut a long story short he basically said, 'Do I look like someone fucking coloured me in'

Whilst I have always had a very healthy relationship with him he was not happy and lectured me on why he and many people find it offensive. 

Every days a school day and I'm sure, as much as you and I butt heads, you meant no offence. 

Edited by martin1905
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ROTG said:

here we go again

Cue MT

RObert , it was a joke , no more no less , a carry-on  film play on Ethics and Essex. 

You are very touchy for someone who's always putting it out there . 

This place is somewhere where we can take the piss a bit isn't it? 

Blimey , the sledging I've had previously . 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Not sure your use of the word coloured was bought up as a spelling mistake to be fair.

Now, I'm not one to judge as I'm sure it's completely innocent but in today's world it is highly offensive to call anyone coloured. 

I once used the term in front of my wife's best friends Dad, who happens to be a black man. A man mountain of a black man. 

To cut a long story short he basically said, 'Do I look like someone fucking coloured me in'

Whilst I have always had a very healthy relationship with him he was not happy and lectured me on why he and many people find it offensive. 

Every days a school day and I'm sure, as much as you and I butt heads, you meant no offence. 

See your point and maybe it was not he best reference - I'll remove the post 

Thanks for the constructive  feedback 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

We have all had to go down the road of redemption, if one was standing on the terraces in the 70's & 80's.

However in this day and age and getting paid £10m a year, redemption is something earned for those who deserve it, not to pond life like Enzo.

He's been nothing short of a model pro and thoroughly decent family man and human being right up until this point.

Not sure why he doesn't qualify for redemption where your flock is concerned. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

He's been nothing short of a model pro and thoroughly decent family man and human being right up until this point.

Not sure why he doesn't qualify for redemption where your flock is concerned. 

He's just demonstrating what a fraud he is,Ham. In the Christian (and it has to be said the Humanist or any moral secular) Doctrine, redemption is available to all and contingent simply upon contrition and acceptance.

The modern predilection for cancelling and shunning is a backward step in the social evolution of mankind, the modern equivalent of lynching. On a practical level it provides no graduated scale of restitution for offences of different gravity: if Enzo was indeed a dyed-in-the-wool racist then of course he should never again don the Reflex Blue, but that is not what he is. It's largely up to him and the black players to find a route to redemption, but if they do then something beautiful can come of this.

Edited by RDCW
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Wonder what the world's tabloid press two favourite players, Messi and Maradona (RIP), would say to their politicial leaders in this matter, or to Enzo and his singing........

Cynical OG.... Maradona would call it "The Voice of God" 🙋‍♂️🎙️..... Messi can talk,,or not..for himself.

The media are aware that Enzo had access to multi tracking broadcasting facilities and of course was all alone for the video transmission.🎮👨‍💻🔊🎙️🎧

So..it's down to Chelsea once more as the Destroyer🧌 of all things good in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

He's just demonstrating what a fraud he is,Ham. In the Christian (and it has to be said the Humanist or any moral secular) Doctrine, redemption is available to all and contingent simply upon contrition and acceptance.

The modern predilection for cancelling and shunning is a backward step in the social evolution of mankind, the modern equivalent of lynching. On a practical level it provides no graduated scale of restitution for offences of different gravity: if Enzo was indeed a dyed-in-the-wool racist then of course he should never again don the Reflex Blue, but that is not what he is. It's largely up to him and the black players to find a route to redemption, but if they do then something beautiful can come of this.

What a bizarre statement on redemption. 

if all are entitled to redemption , then please explain why week in week out we have to read abuse towards Lukaku on this forum? or did be say something racist in his interview that’s justifies the abuse directed at him. I can’t remember any of his Chelsea colleagues unfollowing him. 

I know this has been quite distressing for much of our fanbase. If you want to do something positive, can I recommend donating to the Paul Canoville foundation? Or you can buy some pretty nice things from the online shop there. I don't think I need to explain who Paul is. I met him at the black and blue event at Under the Bridge last year. Top bloke, achieved so much in the game and his foundation is doing critical anti racism and pro-inclusion work for young people especially.

You can learn more here Paul Canoville Foundation |

Edited by Proud-Blue
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, ROTG said:

if all are entitled to redemption , then please explain why week in week out we have to read abuse towards Lukaku on this forum? or did be say something racist in his interview that’s justifies the abuse directed at him. I can’t remember any of his Chelsea colleagues unfollowing him. 

Because , we offered him redemption and he didn't want it .  He wanted to high tail it to Italy as quickly as he could manage. (not very)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ROTG said:

What silly, disconnected nonsense. Your answer to the redemption question is to point (spuriously it must be said) at another lynch mob and say, "If they can lynch him, it's OK for me to lynch this guy and there's no way out of it for him." Intellectually and morally destitute!

As to Lukaku, he rejected us, continues to reject us, has attempted to swindle us and has shown no contrition, no recognition of the amount of money we have spent on him, nor displayed any desire for a rapprachement. Redemption is based on contrition. Your comparison is spurious on every level.

Just what are you preaching to your flock if it's not redemption?

Edited by RDCW
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Because , we offered him redemption and he didn't want it .  He wanted to high tail it to Italy as quickly as he could manage. (not very)

To be fair, the ice cream and pizzas there are better than in Cobham.  🍦🍕🤣🤣🤣🤪

• Haha 1

Only thing I’m going to say on the Enzo matter is that he’s a teammate and if he’s done something that offends you then you call him out on it in person and tell him why you’re offended and why you think he’s been an idiot. What you don’t do is go on social media and encourage a pile on and blow the thing up into a scandal. Who benefits from that? This matter should be resolved behind closed doors with Enzo apologising in person to his teammates. The club should also stop players from having personal social  media accounts. They’re sportsmen  but they’re also incredibly immature and they will say and do stupid things. If they want to post stuff on social media it should be through the club as they are employees (as well as expensive assets) of CFC. That way this kind of nonsense won’t happen again. 

• Agree 3

18 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Only thing I’m going to say on the Enzo matter is that he’s a teammate and if he’s done something that offends you then you call him out on it in person and tell him why you’re offended and why you think he’s been an idiot. What you don’t do is go on social media and encourage a pile on and blow the thing up into a scandal. Who benefits from that? This matter should be resolved behind closed doors with Enzo apologising in person to his teammates. The club should also stop players from having personal social  media accounts. They’re sportsmen  but they’re also incredibly immature and they will say and do stupid things. If they want to post stuff on social media it should be through the club as they are employees (as well as expensive assets) of CFC. That way this kind of nonsense won’t happen again. 

Good idea re social media. But that would never happen - they make money off it. 💰💯 👀 

Guest Alex
On 17/07/2024 at 21:37, chara said:

I can't help but feel he's done at Chelsea or anywhere other than his home country.

I can see him ending up with a spot on GB News, and/or he could stand for Reform in any upcoming by-election 

Guest Alex
40 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I'm afraid an employer cannot legally do what you're suggesting and ban it's employees 'from having personal social  media accounts', so this is a bit of nonsense post. It can have a social media policy and discipline or even sack an employee for posts.

And if he's been a racist on social media it's proportional to respond to him where he's made the statement in the first place. The benefit is that he's made to publicly deal with the fallout from his actions and hopefully make progress as a human being, or just keep his racist views to himself in future.

Your suggestion that it's all dealt with behind closed doors is how racists, bullies...etc get away with things in life. I could not disagree more with your entire post.

55 minutes ago, Alex said:

I'm afraid an employer cannot legally do what you're suggesting and ban it's employees 'from having personal social  media accounts', so this is a bit of nonsense post. It can have a social media policy and discipline or even sack an employee for posts.

And if he's been a racist on social media it's proportional to respond to him where he's made the statement in the first place. The benefit is that he's made to publicly deal with the fallout from his actions and hopefully make progress as a human being, or just keep his racist views to himself in future.

Your suggestion that it's all dealt with behind closed doors is how racists, bullies...etc get away with things in life. I could not disagree more with your entire post.

It's a bizarre take. The problematic social media use here is from ... Wesley Fofana?!

I reckon just don't do racism, tbh.

Argentina's sports minister has been fired for suggesting Messi apologised on the team's behalf. I wonder how Argentina's fans will respond to Fernández having apologised, and how happy the other players are with him for sharing the song online. I can imagine getting a lot of stick from all corners on this.

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It's a bizarre take. The problematic social media use here is from ... Wesley Fofana?!

I reckon just don't do racism, tbh.

Argentina's sports minister has been fired for suggesting Messi apologised on the team's behalf. I wonder how Argentina's fans will respond to Fernández having apologised, and how happy the other players are with him for sharing the song online. I can imagine getting a lot of stick from all corners on this.

I don't see the other players having any issue with him as he was clearly alone on the bus. 

Not only racists but liars and cowards too.