Official: Chelsea sign Enzo Fernandez on an Eight and a Half Year Contract

JaneB

32 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It's a bizarre take. The problematic social media use here is from ... Wesley Fofana?!

I reckon just don't do racism, tbh.

Argentina's sports minister has been fired for suggesting Messi apologised on the team's behalf. I wonder how Argentina's fans will respond to Fernández having apologised, and how happy the other players are with him for sharing the song online. I can imagine getting a lot of stick from all corners on this.

In fairness all of the other miscreants have got away with it scot free so far. 

Not a murmur from their clubs nothing from anyone in the media asking questions about it other than desperately trying to get MacAllister out of thr picture as he was "on an Airplane" I wonder if he walked to the plane or took the bus like everyone else. 

It's a full bus but only one person was on it. 

Spoke to the person today, who told me the stuff about the last coach.

Fernandez has a big problem waiting for him when he comes back, the French players want him gone. It’s already causing problems and the players who he’s grossly offended are saying they are not prepared to play in the same team as him. Big issues brewing and major work will be required to quell the emotions and put fires out, if it’s possible.

In other news, they’ve done more tactical work in the first two weeks of training than they did in a year with the last coach and the players are enjoying it. Lots of tactical patterns and seeing plenty of the football.Apparently the new chap isn’t as personable as the last coach and doesn’t ‘chat’ as much, it’s about the football - good news on that front.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

So good to be on a messageboard that has rules against political posts.

Almost everything is political, in all honesty.  You either have political posts or you don't have a forum really. I don't think the two can exist in isolation.

3 minutes ago, east lower said:

Fernandez has a big problem waiting for him when he comes back, the French players want him gone. It’s already causing problems and the players who he’s grossly offended are saying they are not prepared to play in the same team as him. Big issues brewing and major work will be required to quell the emotions and put fires out, if it’s possible.

In other news, they’ve done more tactical work in the first two weeks of training than they did in a year with the last coach and the players are enjoying it. Lots of tactical patterns and seeing plenty of the football.Apparently the new chap isn’t as personable as the last coach and doesn’t ‘chat’ as much, it’s about the football - good news on that front.

He's a gonna then. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's a gonna then. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he survives and others go. If it gets to the stage where someone/people have to go, the club can’t be held to ransom. Not a nice place either way.

1 minute ago, east lower said:

Wouldn’t be a problem if it’s poor Wesley Fofana - he doesn’t play anyway or possibly much more.

Yeh, that's where my head is at. I'd hope that more than just the French players that are seriously offended though, making it harder for the club to roll that dice.

I think it will all be resolved though and water under the bridge come the start of the season.

2 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Yeh, that's where my head is at. I'd hope that more than just the French players that are seriously offended though, making it harder for the club to roll that dice.

I think it will all be resolved though and water under the bridge come the start of the season.

🤞

I'd imagine that Enzo won't join up with the rest of the squad for a couple of weeks. 

Hopefully by then, remote meditation will have been completed and things will have died down a bit. 

6 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

I think it will be in terms of how it’s presented to the fans and media, we’ll be told and it will appear that all is fine. Under the surface things could and probably will be very different. Ultimately, the players don’t all have to get on and I’m sure they don’t, but this could be a bit of a bigger issue than just not getting on.

14 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Almost everything is political, in all honesty.  You either have political posts or you don't have a forum really. I don't think the two can exist in isolation.

There is overtly political and the stuff that is just general conversation. The implication of alex's post was that GB News is a place for racists. He can choose to believe that but I suggest he has a word with say Nana Akua. But he goes on to suggest that supporters of Reform are also racists. Many people I know voted for them along with a significant proportion of the population and probably people here. I am not offended on their behalf but he should relect on whether his message is appropriate. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Political reference is almost unavoidable, It's political dogma and argument which is not wanted or needed here...fine line at times,

My personal ongoing anger regarding HMG treatment of Chelsea..is it reference or political discussion?..... as I stated,fine line ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I'd imagine that Enzo won't join up with the rest of the squad for a couple of weeks. 

Hopefully by then, remote meditation will have been completed and things will have died down a bit. 

Yeah. But personally I can’t see how it can actually be resolved. Things like this imo don’t. The French players won’t really believe anything other than Enzo being a racist. They may forgive but I don’t think they’ll forget. 💯👀💀

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

There is overtly political and the stuff that is just general conversation. The implication of alex's post was that GB News is a place for racists. He can choose to believe that but I suggest he has a word with say Nana Akua. But he goes on to suggest that supporters of Reform are also racists. Many people I know voted for them along with a significant proportion of the population and probably people here. I am not offended on their behalf but he should relect on whether his message is appropriate. 

Racism exists on all points of the political spectrum. 

39 minutes ago, chara said:

Political reference is almost unavoidable, It's political dogma and argument which is not wanted or needed here...fine line at times,

My personal ongoing anger regarding HMG treatment of Chelsea..is it reference or political discussion?..... as I stated,fine line ?

The entire concept of what's being discussed is political. You can't talk about racism, particularly referring to a case revolving around whether one's nationality is dependent on birth country, passport or lineage without it overtly political really.

Now party political alignment etc, sure. Easy enough to steer clear of that, but politics at a general level, impossible, it permeates every aspect of our lives.

Edited by ChelseaJambo

2 hours ago, east lower said:

If it's anything like what you're describing, it's going to be a hell of a task to fix. Paul Canoville has offered to help with any restorative process. . https://www.paulcanovillefoundation.co.uk/foundation-statement-2/

The Trustees and Executive Committee at the Paul Canoville Foundation express our deepest disapproval of the racism exhibited by members of the Argentina international football team, whose unacceptable and discriminatory chant was shared in a video across global media and on social media this week. 

We echo the sentiments expressed by our friends at Kick It Out and ShowRacismTheRedCard, standing firmly alongside—and giving our full support to—the players directly affected and others who may have seen it and feel marginalised as a result.

Our Founder, Paul Canoville, commented:

“There is no room for discrimination of any kind in our society, especially in the sport we all love.

“My personal experiences of racism and hatred are well known, but I have always said that the way forward is through education and understanding.

“Given my continued love and support for Chelsea Football Club and the involvement of one of our players in the incident, I have offered to help support any restorative process that might now take place.

“Through my Foundation, I aim to help people learn through the lens of my experiences before, during and after the abuse I received while playing football, including being able to offer forgiveness where deserved”

Our CEO, Raphael Frascogna, added:

“The Paul Canoville Foundation was founded on Paul’s inspirational story of resilience and determination in spite of the horrific discrimination and hate he endured.

“We work with children, young people and the wider community to help them understand our core values of allyship, belonging and community, which counter hatred.

“We firmly believe that through education, we can take the lessons of Paul’s story to help achieve better outcomes around equality and diversity — to make the world a better place for everyone, irrespective of our differences.

“Our Foundation says no to hate”.

We at Chelsea Pride have left a message to the players as well. It was delivered to them last night.  It's important they know that true fans are behind them, and that the minority of racist trolls do not speak for us.

Hung out to dry........

Alexis Mac Allister on Argentina's racist chant:

🗣️ “Yes, it's a very important topic, obviously. Enzo has already apologized and explained what happened.

I don't think there's much more to say. We know Enzo, we know he would never do it with bad intentions, he's not that guy, he's not racist.

It's just a chant that got stuck and is more of a mocking tone than anything else. But, as I said, you have to be very careful.

I think the most important thing is that Enzo came out, gave the corresponding apologies, and that, in the end, should be valued.”

6 hours ago, east lower said:

Wouldn’t be a problem if it’s poor Wesley Fofana - he doesn’t play anyway or possibly much more.

That would show the club in a good light. He’s been getting a ton of racist abuse online for daring to speak out, I hope the club back him over Enzo. I’m not having fingers pointed us and being called the racist club again, no thanks. 

Edited by Floyd25
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Only thing I’m going to say on the Enzo matter is that he’s a teammate and if he’s done something that offends you then you call him out on it in person and tell him why you’re offended and why you think he’s been an idiot. What you don’t do is go on social media and encourage a pile on and blow the thing up into a scandal. Who benefits from that? This matter should be resolved behind closed doors with Enzo apologising in person to his teammates. The club should also stop players from having personal social  media accounts. They’re sportsmen  but they’re also incredibly immature and they will say and do stupid things. If they want to post stuff on social media it should be through the club as they are employees (as well as expensive assets) of CFC. That way this kind of nonsense won’t happen again. 

The most sensible thing I’ve read regarding this mess. 

Fofana himself is also an expensive asset who so far has cost the club a lot. Him handling the situation in this way has just tripled his cost. Not to mention that he may never really play for us again due to his injuries. 

Two really bad signings proving just how bad signings they’ve been over the last week without even kicking a ball. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Hung out to dry........

🗣️ “Yes, it's a very important topic, obviously. Enzo has already apologized and explained what happened.

I don't think there's much more to say. We know Enzo, we know he would never do it with bad intentions, he's not that guy, he's not racist.

It's just a chant that got stuck and is more of a mocking tone than anything else. But, as I said, you have to be very careful.

I think the most important thing is that Enzo came out, gave the corresponding apologies, and that, in the end, should be valued.”

Wow, who needs enemies when you have team mates!

I’m not for a second defending Enzo, what he did in disgusting and filming it for social media is painfully stupid, but for the other players in the squad and on the bus to just let him take all the heat, is appalling as well.

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Hung out to dry........

Typical Liverpool tbh 💀💯💯👀

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Hung out to dry........

It's literally never "them" .

One man bus journey .

Enzo should refuse to play for Argentina again unless everyone on that bus singing that song is named and shamed along with him

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

To be fair, the ice cream and pizzas there are better than in Cobham.  🍦🍕🤣🤣🤣🤪

15 hours ago, RDCW said:

What silly, disconnected nonsense. Your answer to the redemption question is to point (spuriously it must be said) at another lynch mob and say, "If they can lynch him, it's OK for me to lynch this guy and there's no way out of it for him." Intellectually and morally destitute!

As to Lukaku, he rejected us, continues to reject us, has attempted to swindle us and has shown no contrition, no recognition of the amount of money we have spent on him, nor displayed any desire for a rapprachement. Redemption is based on contrition. Your comparison is spurious on every level.

Just what are you preaching to your flock if it's not redemption?

Sorry Sir I'll go stand in the corner as my views are not to your views on redemption

Redemption is something that for all, however its not something to be given after a week of saying 10 hail Mary's  every night. The guy needs to go off for a while or permanent to go and rebuild his life, get educated and try to rebuild his career. Personally there is no way back for the guy due the multi cultural society in the UK and will be hounded regardless of time.

I believe you are a ST holder, therefore based on how you refute my statement, you are more than happy to applaud Enzo from the stands when he walks on the pitch on the 18th August?

Back to Lukaku, when did he say he would don't play for the club? And who made the calls in the past two summers to send him to the reserves and try and flog him when that failed loan him, rather than letting the new coaches do an assessment of him during pre season. I also assume the repetitive CM comment above is acceptable in this day and age?

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's literally never "them" .

One man bus journey .

Enzo should refuse to play for Argentina again unless everyone on that bus singing that song is named and shamed along with him

The issue here is that they won't be because within Argentine culture what transpired isn't largely seen as racist, going by the commentary from Argentines on social media platforms. 

Hard to stamp out when it's such an ingrained cultural thing.