Official: Chelsea sign Enzo Fernandez on an Eight and a Half Year Contract

JaneB

2 hours ago, Ham said:

😲

Not good, init?

We're so easy to play against when he's in the team. 

48 minutes ago, Ham said:

Don't get me wrong, I rate him as a player and think a lot of what he does goes unnoticed or unrewarded but based upon those numbers, I'm dropping him immediately 😂

Lavia has to stay fit though.  

I think Chukwuemeka in the role Enzo plays now is something to develop. Will never happen though. 

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Don't get me wrong, I rate him as a player and think a lot of what he does goes unnoticed or unrewarded but based upon those numbers, I'm dropping him immediately 😂

Lavia has to stay fit though.  

Pretty stark, isn't it ! 😧

11 hours ago, Bison said:

20241018_132347.thumb.jpg.a5cd95528c00d38fc7c18db8190c5cc2.jpg

Just a quick little check will showcase that something like 14 of those total losses and 8 draws from all comps came in his first 6 months here under Potter,  when we were absolutely putrid as a whole. Ironically enough, he was arguably the best performer within the squad in that span of time. He's also the only remaining midfielder from that period so naturally his record is going to take a hit.

On the flip side, our record when Jorginho played for us was more favourable when he played vs without, but many couldn't wait to bench him quick enough a lot of the time.

A more useful comparison would be seeing our record when pitted against his current peers during an equal period of time. But hey, narratives and all that jazz.

6 hours ago, Bison said:

I think Chukwuemeka in the role Enzo plays now is something to develop. Will never happen though. 

Considering he can't defend himself and shows zero capabilities of playing both sides of the ball in a midfield capacity, while very much being an attack minded player suited higher up the pitch, I do find this a pretty odd alternative. 

On 19/10/2024 at 00:49, xceleryx said:

Just a quick little check will showcase that something like 14 of those total losses and 8 draws from all comps came in his first 6 months here under Potter,  when we were absolutely putrid as a whole. Ironically enough, he was arguably the best performer within the squad in that span of time. He's also the only remaining midfielder from that period so naturally his record is going to take a hit.

On the flip side, our record when Jorginho played for us was more favourable when he played vs without, but many couldn't wait to bench him quick enough a lot of the time.

A more useful comparison would be seeing our record when pitted against his current peers during an equal period of time. But hey, narratives and all that jazz.

It became clear what the midfield issue was towards the end of last season.

With Enzo out injured, Caicedo and Gallagher developed a good balance in midfield and the team finished the season in good form.

3 hours ago, Bison said:

It became clear what the midfield issue was towards the end of last season.

With Enzo out injured, Caicedo and Gallagher developed a good balance in midfield and the team finished the season in good form.

They did but all of those last 5 games were very winnable.  Hard to know what would have happened with Enzo in the side. 

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

They did but all of those last 5 games were very winnable.  Hard to know what would have happened with Enzo in the side. 

Just had a look at the reverse fixtures. 

We beat Spurs with and without Enzo. 

We lost to West Ham with Enzo and beat them without him.

Lost to Forest with Enzo and beat them without him. 

Beat Brighton with and without Enzo.

Drew with Bournemouth with Enzo and beat them without him. 

21 minutes ago, Bison said:

Just had a look at the reverse fixtures. 

We beat Spurs with and without Enzo. 

We lost to West Ham with Enzo and beat them without him.

Lost to Forest with Enzo and beat them without him. 

Beat Brighton with and without Enzo.

Drew with Bournemouth with Enzo and beat them without him. 

Good points but I think us getting most of our injured players back was the main reason we finished the season well.  

Not discounting your points.  It all matters.  

I liked Conor but in the long term, and subject to fitness, I think Lavia would be a better alternative in midfield. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Good points but I think us getting most of our injured players back was the main reason we finished the season well.  

I liked Conor but in the long term, and subject to fitness, I think Lavia would be a better alternative in midfield. 

I think that Ugochukwa and Santos would also be good alternatives in midfield. We need more physical presence in midfield and I doubt Fernandez will ever be the answer in the PL.

On 20/10/2024 at 13:09, Ham said:

Lavia is a baller and if he stays fit will become an absolute monster.