Following Chelsea's loans

My Blood Is Blue

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

All I said he was currently above Hutchinson. Do you disagree?

Yes 

However is he a £29m purchaser /improvement above CHO? 

Edited by ROTG

21 hours ago, paulw66 said:

He should stay at Ipswich, 100% 

Yep. He's not sniffing minutes here but not for football reasons. He wasn't signed by the sporting directors so there's no desire to see him succeed here. Estavio for 50m is where their focus is.

3 hours ago, Bison said:

Yep. He's not sniffing minutes here but not for football reasons. He wasn't signed by the sporting directors so there's no desire to see him succeed here. Estavio for 50m is where their focus is.

This is my worry, we saw it with Arnesen under Mourinho, they get no kudos or reputation points if someone who wasn't their idea come through. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Bison said:

Who signed him then?

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Who signed him then?

Hutchinson was signed in summer 2022 and went straight into the academy so most likely a Jim Fraser / Neil Bath led signing. 

Winstanley and Stewart weren't even in post when Hutchinson arrived.

2 hours ago, Bison said:

Hutchinson was signed in summer 2022 and went straight into the academy so most likely a Jim Fraser / Neil Bath led signing. 

Winstanley and Stewart weren't even in post when Hutchinson arrived.

I believe Hutchinson will decide his own future, as he did when leaving the Arse.

I am sure he will go back to Ipswich next season, it the season after when he will decide where his future lines. he is one the not so dynamic duo cannot influence 

8 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I believe Hutchinson will decide his own future, as he did when leaving the Arse.

I am sure he will go back to Ipswich next season, it the season after when he will decide where his future lines. he is one the not so dynamic duo cannot influence 

I believe his contract expires in July 2025 so there's a decision to be made this summer. New contract and loan or he'll be sold.

I don't think we have many more hotels to sell to ourselves to meet PSR so I'm guessing he'll be sold. 

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Only on loan though. If he is good enough he will come back to us.

Oh I know, but how many times have we said that?

What happened to Ampadu?  Or maybe he wasn't good enough.  Others would know more than me.  I know he plays for Leeds and Wales now.

I can remember over the years a lot of players who were going to be the next best thing but they apparently they never fulfilled their potential, or maybe they were never given the chance to do so.

24 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Probably.  Maybe feeling it more because of what else is going on at the club.

Perfectly understandable. It feels like the soul of the club is being hollowed out.

• Agree 1