Following Chelsea's loans

My Blood Is Blue

6 hours ago, Dwmh said:

You mean Forest have more than 20 fit players?  Wow

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. This is a full Brazil international. 

If Chelsea thought he wasn't in their best 20, they shouldn't have loaned him there. 

If Forest thought he wasn't in theirs, it makes no sense for them to loan him

Removing the specifics of this particular loan, we should be loaning players to clubs intending to use them, and clubs should only be loaning our players for the same reasons. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. This is a full Brazil international. 

Just a joke given how we put 2 keepers and kids two of whom have never even played age group internationals on our bench.

I agree it seems like a bad loan, but then Colwill only played 13 mins of PL football before November last season.  No apparent injury.  That turned out eventually to be a good loan.

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Removing the specifics of this particular loan, we should be loaning players to clubs intending to use them, and clubs should only be loaning our players for the same reasons. 

I doubt Winstanley & co want to loan some of the expensive players with potential to championship or lower clubs, where minutes would be guaranteed. 

8 hours ago, ROTG said:

I doubt Winstanley & co want to loan some of the expensive players with potential to championship or lower clubs, where minutes would be guaranteed. 

That's better than not playing. He'd be better off on our bench than not being in a squad at all 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Angelo has been nominated for Ligue 1 Young Player of the Month. 

Football's weird isn't it?

Personally I thought he was easily our best new player pre-season and was dismayed to see him offloaded to Strasbourg as quickly as he was given our lack of forward options at the time. 

They must see things so much differently .

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally I thought he was easily our best new player pre-season and was dismayed to see him offloaded to Strasbourg as quickly as he was given our lack of forward options at the time. 

Agreed.  His one touch football was off the scale. 

On 07/10/2023 at 10:03, Mark Kelly said:

But now everyone (bar Nkunku) is fit, would he play much? The more experienced Madueke has yet to get much of a look in. 

On 07/10/2023 at 20:03, Mark Kelly said:

He's still pretty damn young though to be fair and isn't 19 until December. 

As bright as he did look in pre-season I do think letting him adapt to European football away from Chelsea was the right call. He's playing far more than he'd likely do here, has far less pressure, and if anything a strong season may set him up for a place here next season depending on how things with others pan out. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I see David Fofana hasn’t scored in 11 games for Union Berlin. Perfect for when he returns! 

Union are struggling as a whole, sitting 2 points above relegation currently. They've punched above their weight for years, and with the extra games they've got this season in Europe they've found the going real tough as a whole. They haven't won a Bundesliga game since Round 2, having lost their last 6 games on the bounce. Mind you, their run of fixtures haven't been easy either. 

With respects to Fofana, he's played round 400 minutes in the league and just over 550 in all comps - floating between LW and CF. From what I've seen on socials from Union fans, he's hasn't been too bad overall. 

3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Union are struggling as a whole, sitting 2 points above relegation currently. They've punched above their weight for years, and with the extra games they've got this season in Europe they've found the going real tough as a whole. They haven't won a Bundesliga game since Round 2, having lost their last 6 games on the bounce. Mind you, their run of fixtures haven't been easy either. 

With respects to Fofana, he's played round 400 minutes in the league and just over 550 in all comps - floating between LW and CF. From what I've seen on socials from Union fans, he's hasn't been too bad overall. 

Yep. Still hasn’t scored though ☠️

40 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Yep. Still hasn’t scored though ☠️

As written on the label 10m pound striker for the championship or lower - and we have him for 6 years 

I wonder who in the gamg of 3 recommended him?

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Zak Surge has been recalled from his loan at Peterborough after a lack of game time.

Probably the first of many if you believe the media

Simon Phillips

The January transfer window goes into its third day and so far for Chelsea, it has been all about sorting out some loan business.
Zak Sturge has been recalled from Peterborough, Andrey Santos will follow suit. Alex Matos is about to join Huddersfield Town on loan. And I understand that Millwall are keen on taking Alfie Gilchrist on loan for the rest of the season.
One source suggests this is actually already in the pipeline and Gilchrist could soon be heading to Millwall. However, Chelsea sources state that the club will need to make a decision on whether they will sanction a loan move for Gilchrist or not this month, and at the moment they are unsure if they would allow it.
Of course, former Chelsea coach Joe Edwards is the current head coach at Millwall, so there is the obvious connection there and Edwards will know all about Gilchrist, making this a superb potential loan for the centre back.
The 20-year-old has earned two senior caps for Chelsea this season under Mauricio Pochettino, who has deployed him as a right back and introduced him late in games to help sure things up. This is another reason why Chelsea are somewhat reluctant to let Gilchrist leave with him helping cover the Reece James injury.
But naturally Gilchrist is a centre back, and Millwall are in need of an addition in that position this month.
At the moment I’ve had no info on what Gilchrist wants to do, but you’d imagine a chance to link up with the familiar Edwards and play more regular senior football than he is likely to get at Chelsea right now, would appeal to him at the very least. But let’s see. It’s all about making the right decision for Chelsea and for Gilchrist. 
The academy star has a contract at Chelsea until 2025 but with a club option to extend a further year. So this will be a vital period for the U21 club captain, who is rated highly within Cobham. 
Millwall are currently sat in 15th place in the Championship, but they have won their last three games in a row and have not lost for five games. 
You’d imagine that under Edwards, this would be a good loan. Gilchrist would be going there to play football and help the team. I mean, you can never guarantee any of these loan moves, but this one for me seems to be fairly safe, IF it happens. 
Nothing is done yet though, as far as we know. But it’s certainly got some potential legs to it - the interest at least. 

Simon Phillips

• Like 2