Chelsea 0 Southampton 1

JaneB

Booing from us at the end - maybe half time but I went to the bar before that. Southampton singing “dead in the morning, you’ll be …” at Dave lay on the pitch. Spiritless, disjointed shambles on the pitch. Potter - the dementers are coming for you… scrapped plans for a beer after the match and on train home. Shame the village pub is run by an avid Sp*r/s fan.

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

So, what happened to giving him time?

Surely one bad result can't sway people that much?

Personally it’s not that I want him sacked in the morning , I don’t. It’s just a recognition that losing in this way at home to the bottom team is very different to Dortmond game away game. Someone has spent 5 billion so far on this club and he is getting twitchy. I respect that. I would let the season roll out and change in summer .  No new coach is going to change things that much overnight , especially without a striker. 
He is also an unlucky coach. That is not something I approve of. 

7 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I think you miss the point. The people calling time would call for time, regardless of who the manager is.

Works both ways, you wanted him and then wanted him out 3 months later. That’s more knee jerk than anything else. 

6 minutes ago, chara said:

Any update on Dave?

He’s in hospital, is awake and talking. Not know much more than that at the moment.

edit:

Potter on Azpilicueta: “He is in hospital, he is in the best place for him. He is conscious and speaking to his wife.” Adds that he was unconscious at one point.

15 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

He was given support because of the injuries. I said a couple of weeks ago that there were no excuses now. Today was unacceptable. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I think you miss the point. The people calling time would call for time, regardless of who the manager is.

Works both ways, you wanted him and then wanted him out 3 months later. That’s more knee jerk than anything else. 

How so?

And I wanted him above Pochettino and Brendan, was never my first choice.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think it’s safe to say that if Potter doesn’t go after this, then he is here until at least the end of the season. It’s going to be difficult to get behind that to be completely honest.

I don't think there's any chance of him getting the sack. It probably wouldn't make that much of a difference now, anyway. I don't know, though, how anyone can have any faith he is a tenable long-term option here.

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

❝Potter on Azpilicueta: “He is in hospital, he is in the best place for him. He is conscious and speaking to his wife.” Adds that he was unconscious at one point.❞

Nizaar Kinsella on Twitter

Similar injury as JT got in the Carlings cup final against Arsenal?

21 minutes ago, SideshowLuiz said:

It's not just one bad result though, it's a string of horrible results with scattered decent performances (at best). Seems like the tipping point for many.

Oh, I get that, was a hint of sarcasm in my post.

I've been saying for months how clueless he is, kept getting told he needed time. Now all of a sudden......

1 minute ago, Thiago97 said:

Ok then 😂 you didn’t want Tuchel gone…..but he certainly was the man you wanted , once  Tuchel was sacked. I remember it clearly .  

No.

I wanted him above Pochettino and Rodgers as they were the three People we were heavily linked with.

• Haha 1