Chelsea 0 Southampton 1

JaneB

18 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I think you miss the point. The people calling time would call for time, regardless of who the manager is.

Works both ways, you wanted him and then wanted him out 3 months later. That’s more knee jerk than anything else. 

Mate. 
Team GP were a bunch of buffoons appointed from day one. 

It’s quite simple, no matter how many riches these owners bestow on bunch of coaching buffoons the results will never change. 

I have never change my opinion since their appointment along a minority of people who don’t play FIFA manager.  

Edited by ROTG

3 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Ok then 😂 you didn’t want Tuchel gone…..but he certainly was the man you wanted , once  Tuchel was sacked. I remember it clearly .  

Not sure why your laughing at my posts to be fair.

Always made my views perfectly clear on everything and never hid from them, even when I'm proved wrong.

I mean it's utterly ridiculous to suggest anyone would have had Potter as their first choice, beat of a bad bunch at the time maybe.

And even so, how is it knee jerk, it's been blatantly obvious for months he is out of his depth and people just made excuses for him?

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Mate. 
Team GP were a bunch of buffoons appointed from day one. 

It’s quite simple, no matter how many riches these owners bestow on bunch of coaching buffoons the results will never change. 

I have never change my opinion since their appointment along a minority of people who don’t play FIFA manager.  

I know you haven’t. That’s why I never flagged this up in a response with you. 

Just now, SideshowLuiz said:

Jorginho scoring that screamer for Arsenal just adds salt to the wound. I wonder how many times he's even attempted a shot outside the box in Chelsea colours..

He didn’t it hit the post OG by the keeper. 
next

Just now, martin1905 said:

Not sure why your laughing at my posts to be fair.

Always made my views perfectly clear on everything and never hid from them, even when I'm proved wrong.

I mean it's utterly ridiculous to suggest anyone would have had Potter as their first choice, beat of a bad bunch at the time maybe.

And even so, how is it knee jerk, it's been blatantly obvious for months he is out of his depth and people just made excuses for him?

I remember it clearly mate. The old site is gone now, so we can rewrite all history. Werner was never the best striker in Europe, Havertz was never a generational talent, Koulibaly was never the most perfect replacement for Rudiger we could have possibly got .Toney was never rubbish.

We can rewrite it all 😁

At the end of the day, I find it slightly harsh and ironic that you post sarcastically with an aim at people who were supporting the manger, because they wanted to avoid the constant merry go around and wanted stability. No one on here was pro Potter the manager as such, they were pro stability and long term success. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Well he has been given some time now but we are not scoring goals or getting results so people are now taking an alternative view.

Yet a week or two ago, even days in some people's case, people were saying he needed time.

Just find it so ironic that I've been shot down for months and now one result and the tide has completely turned 

I remember it clearly mate. The old site is gone now, so we can rewrite all history. Werner was never the best striker in Europe, Havertz was never a generational talent, Koulibaly was never the most perfect replacement for Rudiger we could have possibly got .Toney was never rubbish.

We can rewrite it all 😁

And  I wouldn't ever argue I said those things, apart from Werner. I rated him but not that highly.

Doesn't change anything I said about Potter.

At the end of the day, I find it slightly harsh and ironic that you post sarcastically with an aim at people who were supporting the manger, because they wanted to avoid the constant merry go around and wanted stability. No one on here was pro Potter the manager as such, they were pro stability and long term success. 

I get grief and have done for years for airing my views, that normally go against the majority, hence the sarcasm.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Potters comments after the match sounds like he still thinks he’s managing Brighton. I just don’t think he has the mentality for this level.

If he thinks Southampton "mixed it up well" I wonder why he didn't coach us to mix it up well? 

He's confirmed he rested James as we'd played midweek which has to be the biggest clown move in the history of football management

Mark my words , he stays , we're going down.

There's always a side who get dragged into it and are "too good" to go down and this year it's us.

2 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

And  I wouldn't ever argue I said those things, apart from Werner. I rated him but not that highly.

Doesn't change anything I said about Potter.

I get grief and have done for years for airing my views, that normally go against the majority, hence the sarcasm.

So I’m right in that you said these things, but I’m wrong on what you said ref Potter. Hmm ok 👍 

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Really, Graham? You don’t say …9C30BEE9-64C8-49BF-AB56-BE66A19CF6AD.thumb.jpeg.536262faf0a983cb59df7a36e0ef3f17.jpeg

Now there's a man who understands the game!.... note to GP...if you don't score it's impossible to win a game..not just difficult!

I disagree that keeping GP until the end of the season will make no difference.

It will drag down the confidence and attitude of all the younger players which means most of them... and create a negative game day mind set.

Certainly it will make little difference to the end of season standings,,I hope..

Look down chaps.....it's not that far.......

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If he thinks Southampton "mixed it up well" I wonder why he didn't coach us to mix it up well? 

He's confirmed he rested James as we'd played midweek which has to be the biggest clown move in the history of football management

Mark my words , he stays , we're going down.

There's always a side who get dragged into it and are "too good" to go down and this year it's us.

How I wish I could pour scorn on your post but.......

7 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Yet a week or two ago, even days in some people's case, people were saying he needed time.

Just find it so ironic that I've been shot down for months and now one result and the tide has completely turned 

I really wanted it to work out for Potter. Even now I'd prefer if it could have worked out. So I wasn't calling for his head.

But yes things aren't changing and we've still got a shot against Dortmund so I would understand if the club moved on.

But make no mistake about it, I'd still take stability over this chopping and changing every year in a heart beat if we get someone in worthy of that time.

Every year it is a new manager, new style of play, new players preferred. I don't think its a coincidence at all that the title challengers tend to be the most stable clubs - Pep, Klopp and now Arteta. They've ALL weathered storms. Even now, Pool aren't firing Klopp while Potter is being called to get sacked. Just worth noting. Liverpool aren't doing brilliantly this year but they are holding firm in terms of Klopp.