Chelsea 0 Southampton 1

JaneB

9 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

So I’m right in that you said these things, but I’m wrong on what you said ref Potter. Hmm ok 👍 

Well not entirely no, you were wrong about what I said about Werner too so you got it half right.

But anyway, you carry on thinking what you like and I'll carry on being me.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Trini_Blue said:

I really wanted it to work out for Potter. Even now I'd prefer if it could have worked out. So I wasn't calling for his head.

But yes things aren't changing and we've still got a shot against Dortmund so I would understand if the club moved on.

But make no mistake about it, I'd still take stability over this chopping and changing every year in a heart beat if we get someone in worthy of that time.

Every year it is a new manager, new style of play, new players preferred. I don't think its a coincidence at all that the title challengers tend to be the most stable clubs - Pep, Klopp and now Arteta. They've ALL weathered storms. Even now, Pool aren't firing Klopp while Potter is being called to get sacked. Just worth noting. Liverpool aren't doing brilliantly this year but they are holding firm in terms of Klopp.

Take a look at the trophy room. And the ridiculous sponsorships the previous regime got from being winners. 

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Take a look at the trophy room. And the ridiculous sponsorships the previous regime got from being winners. 

Fair enough. But consider the fact that we haven't challenged for a league title for 7 years now. The UCL was a great trophy but all those FA Cups and Europa Leagues and club world cups - they just masked the fact that we've fallen behind.

9 minutes ago, Trini_Blue said:

Every year it is a new manager, new style of play, new players preferred. I don't think its a coincidence at all that the title challengers tend to be the most stable clubs - Pep, Klopp and now Arteta. They've ALL weathered storms. Even now, Pool aren't firing Klopp while Potter is being called to get sacked. Just worth noting. Liverpool aren't doing brilliantly this year but they are holding firm in terms of Klopp.

Is Klopp's coaching the problem for them this year, though? Honestly don't know, don't watch them enough, but my guess is no. 

And with Arteta, I never had the sense that it was anything about how he prepared his team that caused problems for Arsenal. More they had a pretty poor squad and team.

I think how Potter is coaching this team is the problem. 

4 minutes ago, ROTG said:

His next job is on talkSPORT 

He won't be controversial enough for them.

So , Graham , Klopp will be furious having a player sent off for waving to the crowd won't he?

GP: Well , I'm sure after a period of reflection Jürgen will understand why the referee made the decision he did , they're all human and go into every game hoping to make the right decision.All we can do is believe in the PGMOL and their honesty and desire to improve and show some patience 

Edited by Mark Kelly

And I can’t forgive Potter for what he’s done to Mason Mount.

There was a time when we would build a team around him, now look at the state of things.

He might not be SFL but talent like his shouldn’t just disintegrate.

He must be in a bad place mentally ☹️

I try to wait a bit after a game to gather thoughts etc but today I think I have posted more times than in any day.

But OG thoughts...indulge me...at the OT replay after Ossie scored it felt that every Chelsea supporter there..or at least around me... just KNEW we were going to win.

The same "spidey" sense today ?....when the FK was given just before the classic sucker punch time I knew exactly what was going to happen... am I the only one?

Just asking......

• Sad 1

Just now, RDCW said:

Potter might make a good camp counsellor with his degree in emotional intelligence, but it's quite clear he lacks any ability to motivate or organise a squad of very good footballers. He has to go.

26 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Is Klopp's coaching the problem for them this year, though? Honestly don't know, don't watch them enough, but my guess is no. 

And with Arteta, I never had the sense that it was anything about how he prepared his team that caused problems for Arsenal. More they had a pretty poor squad and team.

I think how Potter is coaching this team is the problem. 

I agree about Potter but I remember last season people genuinely wanted Arteta sacked for a long spell and they blamed his coaching/tactics on the games towards the end that they lost that cost them the top 4. 

I'm not saying that Potter will turn things around, I'm just saying that all these clubs weathered a storm or two at some point. 

Re: Klopp, wasnt it carragher and neville last year who said that Klopp's coaching style no longer suited Pool because of his high press?

9 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

P17 W5 D6 L6 Scored 15

1.24 points per game or 47 points a season.

Win percentage 29%

Teams beaten Villa, Palace, Bournemouth, Wolves.

All this after winning his first three games, since then 2 wins in 14 and 8 goals. In 14games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a truly awful record.

Genuine question for a comparison...what was SFL's record for the same period prior to his departure? (For that matter any of the sacked coaches so far this season.)

4 minutes ago, chara said:

That is a truly awful record.

Genuine question for a comparison...what was SFL's record for the same period prior to his departure? (For that matter any of the sacked coaches so far this season.)

He just isn't up for the job. I think the majority had raised eyebrows. The first day of him walking into the Cobham training ground was just so cringe worthy. You could tell he was a fish out of water from that point. It's admirable the owners wanted an English manager etc, but, it's just not right. Redknapp would be better FFS