Chelsea 0 Southampton 1

JaneB

9 minutes ago, chara said:

That is a truly awful record.

Genuine question for a comparison...what was SFL's record for the same period prior to his departure? (For that matter any of the sacked coaches so far this season.)

Lampard

P19 W8 D5 L6 GF33 GA23

PPG 1.53 - 58 points a season

Win ratio 42%

29 minutes ago, chara said:

I try to wait a bit after a game to gather thoughts etc but today I think I have posted more times than in any day.

But OG thoughts...indulge me...at the OT replay after Ossie scored it felt that every Chelsea supporter there..or at least around me... just KNEW we were going to win.

The same "spidey" sense today ?....when the FK was given just before the classic sucker punch time I knew exactly what was going to happen... am I the only one?

Just asking......

I called it after 10 minutes, you could see that the opposition had a plan without a coach/manager……………whereas we have a coach/manager without a plan.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

If you take away his first three games, new manager bounce or still used to Tuchel or I'm just making this look worse, whatever you want to choose we have.....

P14 W2 D6 L6 GF8 GA13

PPG 0.85 or 32. Points a season 😱

Win ratio 14%.

That is appalling. Regardless of injuries, we’ve had the players to play well above that. 

My guess is he’s tried to coach these players the same way he’s coaches previously players at smaller clubs and it just doesn’t work that way.

15 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Lampard

P19 W8 D5 L6 GF33 GA23

PPG 1.53 - 58 points a season

Win ratio 42%

I rest my case..Thank you martin.....

Frank managed a season with what he had and youngsters...the following season the "rescuing" transfers in all turned out to be..if not duds..somewhat disappointing...Frank failed for whatever reason and to al lour regrets was moved on....GP has a dressing room full of young moldable top players and we are watching absolute crap.

For all the calls for patience and time..sensible as it would appear normally...I have not read as far as I can remember a post praising GP's anything,,from coaching to pressers. (Sorry a few words of praise when he got back at the media albeit after a rambling preamble) so where is there any business football or even fan approval/forgiveness justification for keeping GP on as head of a club with ambition?

edit,,typo/auto correct in bold...Freudian slip?

Edited by chara

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Good news everyone, Matt Law says the board are standing by Potter so he's here until we kick off against Luton Town next season, providing they don't go down.

The owners are standing by themselves. They will not make a decision that tells the world they f**ked up. Once enough time has passed, he'll go.

I don't have any faith in them to identify anyone better.

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Good news everyone, Matt Law says the board are standing by Potter so he's here until we kick off against Luton Town next season, providing they don't go down.

The idiots are probably lunching with Neymar as we speak.

Oh god 🤦‍♀️

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The idiots are probably lunching with Neymar as we speak.

Standing by him until ..hopefully...Wednesday or Thursday at the latest...

8 hours ago, JaneB said:

I know I'm naive but who's telling Potter what formation to play?  Who would put up with that?

Still, if the owners now choose which players to buy I suppose this is a natural progression.

Absolute madness.

That's my point Jane, I don't think anyone is naïve enough to think Potter had much of a say in who we bought in. 

We built a team, a group of players that suit any formation other than a back three, which in itself is bizarre as Potter has predominantly played a back 3 most of his premier League career, he clearly favoured it before the new players came in. He has also talked a lot about being flexible with his formations and systems, changing multiple times game to game and during the game itself. We have been so rigid the last 5 or 6 games, which is not a bad thing in my opinion but goes against everything that Potter stands for and what he is as a coach. And it is the complete opposite to what he was doing previously.

Me saying, he's not allowed to play a back 3 or has been told to pick a certain formation is a little tongue in cheek but I very much believe he has been put under pressure to play a certain way, if nothing else just the players we signed have forced his hand. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Now there is a comprehensive recruitment team in place and in charge, and given that 80% of the signings for the next 5 years are already done, has that not eliminated the obstacles that caused the rift with TT? Asking for a friend.

Man needed a break from football, after everything he went through, and we needed a yes man to come in the short term and do as he was told with what he was given until Tuchel was ready to come back.

I'm not so sure it's that far fetched.