Chelsea 0 Southampton 1

JaneB

I think there is zero chance that they're going to get rid of Potter. But there is no excuse for this. The tactics were wrong, the lineup was wrong, the changes almost made us worse. Players were clearly unprepared for this.

It doesn't exonerate the players... but it's painfully obvious that Potter is out of his depth at this club. 

Also, if he says anything about the lads giving everything against a difficult opponent or being unfortunate I'm going to scream.

Potter has to go. He is potentially doing serious damage to what is a huge overhaul of our club and if we're not careful, he's going to really set us back. I hate to say it about a Chelsea manager, but I just want him gone now. 

I don't even know what I watched today, I have no idea what the plan was, it just felt like he put 11 men out on the pitch and hoped it would work. Really really poor and just no excuses anymore.

Every time the camera focused in on Potter he just looked like he genuinely didn't know what was happening or what to do, no direction, no adapting to the situation and just seemingly hoping something changed.

Most important thing though, is how Azpi is doing, hope he's ok.

• Agree 1

Just now, Original 21 said:

Only thing that might save Potter is his ridiculously long contract and the fact that this season is a dead loss anyway. 

Hopefully there is a break clause of some sort. These guys are in relegation form. I can't wait to hear his press conference.

If they don't sack Potter, I think the atmosphere at our games could start getting toxic quite quickly, which is not going to be good for anyone.

Sometimes, you just have to accept you made the wrong decision and for the owners this is now one of those times.

Also, agree with those that have said on here how poor the players are and that shouldn't get forgotten, absolutely nobody put in a good performance today, embarrassing.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Potter has to go. He is potentially doing serious damage to what is a huge overhaul of our club and if we're not careful, he's going to really set us back. I hate to say it about a Chelsea manager, but I just want him gone now. 

I don't even know what I watched today, I have no idea what the plan was, it just felt like he put 11 men out on the pitch and hoped it would work. Really really poor and just no excuses anymore.

Every time the camera focused in on Potter he just looked like he genuinely didn't know what was happening or what to do, no direction, no adapting to the situation and just seemingly hoping something changed.

Most important thing though, is how Azpi is doing, hope he's ok.

It seemed like a Nuno situation at Spurs or an AVB situation too at Chelsea all those years ago.

He brought on 6 subs and switched formation too! Things aren't right.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trini_Blue said:

It seemed like a Nuno situation at Spurs or an AVB situation too at Chelsea all those years ago.

He brought on 6 subs and switched formation too! Things aren't right.  

Yeah, it does and the worrying thing is our owners don't actually seem to be reacting to it.

If he doesn't go after this, then he won't go this season.

• JaneB changed the title to Chelsea 0 Southampton 1

Honestly guts me that we got rid of the man who made us World Champions and held us together, almost single-handedly it seemed in public, during our most tumultuous period this century for this. Forget that we lost, almost doesn't matter at this point in the season given how little is at stake, just the performance alone is what we should worry about. I have no idea what is happening at Cobham and I don't think any of the players do.

We're just waiting now. We aren't ever going to be a decent side under Potter and it really just is a question of when the ownership recognise that and feel politically able to do something about it.

Meant to say, very noticeable at the game that the crowd has turned on Potter. And even before the goal.

Edited by thevelourfog
  • Like 1

Traditionally you need to get to 40 points to avoid relegation. We currently have 31 after 23 games. it's difficult to see where our next point is coming from, let alone the acquisition of the necessary 9 points in 15 games.

We really have to get rid of this toxic, effete, weak management team.

This result has to test the ownerships resolve. It’s all fine and well them briefing people about it’s a long term project.

Those comments hinge on indifferent results of say 4pts every 3 games or something similar, which we all know the squad is more than capable of doing. It’s difficult to stand behind comments like that when the management and squad are not picking up some wins along the way. 

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

Booing at half and full time, very vocal abuse of Potter. Probably the loudest support for the team, though, in months.

Hmm...wanted to add a "Thanks" to this post but seems I've done too much reacting today!...MBIB why the restrictions ?....not complaining just asking..tech issues?

Anyway Thanks TVF!

There is no point crying over spilt milk Team GP are here until the exit from the CL at the earliest. 

SSDD

i would take TFSW as interim to stable the ship until the end of the season or Poch on 18 months to get is back into the CL spots. 

Edited by ROTG